Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing cladding at south end of Amex

Snorfy

Jan 24, 2010
It has been confirmed, on 'ask the club' that the cladding will not be finished in the south end BUT no reason has been given.

Can anyone enlighten everyone why this is the case?

Thanks

BTW......1st post but not a JCL....been supporter for over 30 years! :smile:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Madness in my opinion.... Gives the Southern end an 'unfinished look'

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It is letting the rest of the ground down as it currently looks. I can only think that we have something planned for that corner in the very near future that will be attached to the external structure, hence no need for cladding once that goes in. Whatever "that" is can't be too far into the future and we've decided it's not worth having teh cladding up for such a short time.

When we come to filling in the corners, are we hoping to get 2 tier in that corner perhaps?

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
doesn't explain why they haven't cladded directly behind the goal on the south stand wall

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I was told some time ago that cladding featuring a sponsors logo and/or club branding would be placed on the central area of the south stand wall. I would imagine the corner is being left for the same reason as the east: Expansion.

No idea if these plans have progressed although I did hear some kind of temporary feature for the east upper was being discussed a few weeks back.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Maybe they'll put a Portacabin in front of it - just for old time's sake.

The mosaic perhaps?

Or..... mabe a humungous picture of the glorious chairman - that would be FLAIR

Mao.jpg

ooops! Let me try that again;

dammit, why won't this paste properly?
Ah, here it is;

Last edited:

Sep 1, 2010
I will ask next week when i go. This has bugged me a little too. I suspect it maybe a club logo or advertising space that maybe available

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
As much as I love the stadium it does bug me that it will be unfinished, just takes a slight shine off for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here