Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MINCE pie consumption thread

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Just two so far.
Gonna be making some of my own to scoff during the week though.

What was the conclusion of your testing?

We've had Tesco finest, Mr Kipling (because someone forgot and had to run to the shop round the corner :censored:) and M&S, with one more to come on Wednesday. So far;

1. Tesco Finest
2. M&S
3. Mr Kipling

Also, Tesco finest were the cheapest (at £1.20 per 6).

Tesco had less sugar than the others, but that meant you could actually taste the filling, and it was fantastic. The M&S one was nice, but the pastry was a bit too crumbly and came to pieces in your hand. Mr Kipling were standard overly-sugared fare.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Mince pie territory is really where grandmothers justify their existence...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
None.

Bloody disgusting things. Them, xmas pudding and xmas cake can all bugger off as far as I'm concerned. :smile:

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
We've had Tesco finest, Mr Kipling (because someone forgot and had to run to the shop round the corner :censored:) and M&S, with one more to come on Wednesday. So far;

1. Tesco Finest
2. M&S
3. Mr Kipling

Tesco had less sugar than the others, but that meant you could actually taste the filling, and it was fantastic. The M&S one was nice, but the pastry was a bit too crumbly and came to pieces in your hand. Mr Kipling were standard overly-sugared fare.

Waitrose all butter are on a par with Tesco finest - but about twice the price.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

1. Tesco Finest
2. M&S
3. Mr Kipling

I must protest, Morrisons Mince Pies are £1.19 per six and are fine examples of the genre. I feel your test covers too narrow a sampling range and is using flawed data. I request an urgent re-appraisal of the testing range and clear definitions of the parameters otherwise this conclusion is void.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My grand mother always said that each different batch of pies you had 1 of would bring you 1 month of good luck in the coming year. ie 1 from each of 12 different packets or those made at home from 12 different people would give you a years good luck.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As an addendum to my previous post, re: cheapest Mince Pies, Morrisons are offering Iced Top Mince pies at £1.19 for six or two boxes for £1.80.........Tesco's my arse !

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The girl at Chailey brickworks gave me one. :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
None yet but I am sure one will be consumed very soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here