Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall v Brighton (THE THREAD)

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
We were useless today, what the hell did they get up to yesterday? I thought they were going to prepare for today's game. Good turn out by the Albion faithful. We took Millwall by surprise. They had to open another section of the away end. A good result against Yeovil is now vital otherwise we'll start sliding down the table.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not really a game to be dropping points from if we are serious about the play offs...

Don't think we ARE really serious about the play offs. There doesn't seem to be any great ambition there. Which is a shame really cos there will never be a more mediocre division to reach the play offs from. Reckon the club are just happy to still be flogging tickets for the FA Cup and the Piss Pot and are pinning their hopes in that direction. And if we can get a few bob for Comedy Bas come January then so far as DK is concerned that will count as a successful season.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Millwall have either improved out of all recognition, or we've been really unprofessional over Christmas. It's been a long time since we have been so comprehensively beaten.

Thats Christmas ruined, bastards.

Looking forward to Yeovil though!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Do we really want to go up this season? Crowds are keeping away from Withdean. We don't have much money to compete in the Championship and we'd struggle without Falmer. Just look at Colchester and Scunthorpe this season. Rather a fairly good season than a long struggle??

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Don't think we ARE really serious about the play offs. There doesn't seem to be any great ambition there. Which is a shame really cos there will never be a more mediocre division to reach the play offs from. Reckon the club are just happy to still be flogging tickets for the FA Cup and the Piss Pot and are pinning their hopes in that direction. And if we can get a few bob for Comedy Bas come January then so far as DK is concerned that will count as a successful season.

How are we going to get any cash for Savage?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

I would agree with most of that re DK. I think the players have ambitions and so do the supporters, but without the drive and investment from DK,s board, I,m afraid that this, is as good as it gets. Won,t bring the missing supporters back to Withdean , sadly.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Where to start, today was truly abject and I don't think I've ever seen more contrasting home and away performances against the same team.

Firstly, I don't get to see the team as often as many on here so it would be wrong to judge them solely on that performance. We can obviously play better than that, otherwise we'd be in the relegation zone.

But today was all about the first goal. Coming in, they were a point off the drop-zone, we were supposedly going for the play-offs, and they had about eight of the first-team squad out injured. A poor team low on confidence, there for the taking.

So what do we do? After a promising opening, we gift them a goal in their first attack. The guy was totally unmarked as the free-kick came in, it looked a goal all the way although someone belatedly got a bit closer. You wouldn't do anything in a Sunday morning league, defending like that. No wonder Michel went nuts.

And it transformed the game. Millwall gained confidence, we were rocked back on our heels for a quarter of an hour, and then in the second half it just lurched from bad to worse. Brittle at the back, clueless going forward.

When we are at our worst, our play is a bizarre curate's egg combination of ineffective passing triangles, and lumping it forward to Baz. When it goes wrong, as it did at Millwall, it's horrible to behold.

Wilkins must have going mad. To think you do all that work on the training ground all week, all year even, and then you all but toss the game away in the first five minutes like that, it's unforgivable. We must bounce back, I've suspected for some time that our season will not be defined by ability, we have some of that. It's attitude, a winning and ruthless mentality, and discipline that we need.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Very poor performance. Worst of the season.

Can't think of one chance where we looked like scoring and the marking for the first two goals was so poor. Big striker.... free kick into box.... shall we mark him? Narrrr

Nice walk to the ground through the set of the football factory as well. Have to say I much prefer it going down a nice little tunnel to the away end!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
dire - defence was a joke, we looked absolutely all over the place with the possible exception of el abd, who i thought didnt have a bad game

the midfield was a car crash, o'callaghan didnt look interested, robinson did ok but kept running into nothing and fraser never really got the chance to get going. up front and forster had NO service again, and bas was truly shocking

if we are going to insist on playing the long ball game, why the hell play savage who hardly ever wins a header - compared to revell who doesnt do a lot else but is at least semi-useful in the air

hopefully this is not the start of a repeat of last season - but the players were left in no uncertain terms as to what the superb support thought of the game with the chorus of boos at the end

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Anyone know the away attendance?

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
That was f***ing APALLING. I am looking forward to the player ratings thread, because I honestly don't believe ANY played could justify more than a 3. The defence was a shambles and run ragged by a unskilful OAF in Alexander. How utterly embarrassing that a donkey like that bags THREE against us. The midfield was anonymous, Hammond a huge culprit as usual. However, I have to say that O'Callaghan was even worse. That has to be his worst performance for us - it it just me, or does he not really like a fight when we're one down away from home? Forster started well, and actually is probably the exception to my "no lower than 3"statement, because first half he was the only one attempting anything remotely attacking. However, he quickly faded. Bas was SHIT, but that's no surprise bearing in mind we now know he's going.

I have one question for Wilkins though: Why the f*** did you play him today, when you obviously knew he was off? That just seems like the most stupid decision EVER.

I said in the chatroom I cant wait to read your rant!!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone know the away attendance?

upper tier was full from what i could see - between 1500-2000 id hazard a guess at

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here