Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall v Brighton (THE THREAD)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Wilkins must take big bit of the blame for today - took Fraser off so he can play Cox, accommodates Robinson by moving him inside and chucks Hammond out wide left - resulting in no contribution from Robinson or Hammond in 2nd half.

Savage and O'C looked like they didn't care, Rents had no help and couldn't cope with the pressure.

VERY POOR!!!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I hope I didn't disappoint!

I have another point I want to make, and I've got a feeling you'll agree with this one: SAM RENTS.

I want every single person on this board who last week said they were happy to see Richards go back because we had an able replacement in Rents to EAT THEIR WORDS. My god, I have forgotten just how weak and pathetic he was. To team him up with Robinson on the left was, from a defensive point of view, suicidal. It was no surprise to see the Millwall winger rape them both repeatedly. Rents may have a good cross on him, but defensively he's every bit as bad as Mayo. Players go past him, positionally he is shocking (BOTH the first two goals came from huge spaces in what should be his position), and when there is a ball to be won he's just pushed aside. PLEASE can we get Richards back, or at the very least make sure Rents doesn't play again. He will cost us games - simple as.

Today, Butters should have played, and Lynch gone to left-back. Not only would that have given us a competant defender on the left, it would also have given us someone in Butters with the height and presence to attempt to stop Alexander. Alexander isn't a good player, but he is bloody strong, and that was simply too much for El Abd and Lynch. In my opinion, a HUGE tactical cock up by Wilkins there.

Is there anything you do like about Brighton and Hove Albion?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Wilkins must take big bit of the blame for today - took Fraser off so he can play Cox, accommodates Robinson by moving him inside and chucks Hammond out wide left - resulting in no contribution from Robinson or Hammond in 2nd half.

Savage and O'C looked like they didn't care, Rents had no help and couldn't cope with the pressure.

VERY POOR!!!

completely agree, but would add that Millwall were a completely different team than the one who came to Withdean. They never stopped chasing us down and looked fitter and keener to win than us.

................and that was going to be the highlight of my Christmas ???

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I had such a hard time picking a man of the match for the Costa Express this afternoon. We were so so poor it was unbelieveable. I know we didn't play in top gear against Swindon but at least we showed some intent. Millwall didn't play great either.
I thought Lynch had an awful game. Dare I say it but I thought our best defender was El-Abd.
It was obvious at the end of the game that Bas was going to leave. Good luck to him at *insert league 1 club name here*.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
(BOTH the first two goals came from huge spaces in what should be his position).

the second goal was rents man getting the cross in - however, it SHOULD have been dealt with and their bloke should not have had a free header

for the second, i think it was el-abds man who got free judging by the rection hammond had towards him - very harsh to say he was at fault positionally for the two goals

while i agree with the fact he had a poor game, he hasnt played first team football since SEPTEMBER. he is in a similar situation to when richards came into the team and looked like a joke

still think we need to sign richards though as defensively we were woeful today - the sooner elphick is back the better

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
View attachment 6198
It just makes more interesting conversation to discuss the handful (and it is just a handful) I either dislike or don't think are good enough (Mayo, Revell, El Abd, Cox, and for today Rents) than to simply sit here and say "ooh didn't Nicky Forster play well today."

Steady on there, with posting views like that you'll end up with a reputation as a moaner:rolleyes:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
still think we need to sign richards though as defensively we were woeful today - the sooner elphick is back the better

Didn't go today so can't really judge, but would BUTTERS have made a difference today? Enabling Lynch to go left back?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Didn't go today so can't really judge, but would BUTTERS have made a difference today? Enabling Lynch to go left back?

we didnt win a thing in the air against the bald striker - so for that, probably

think we need to get elphick back sooner rather than later - we havent looked the same side since he got injured

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
View attachment 6198

Plus, I like the manager AND the chairman. Surely that puts me ahead of most on here? I also like a lot of the players. It just makes more interesting conversation to discuss the handful (and it is just a handful) I either dislike or don't think are good enough (Mayo, Revell, El Abd, Cox, and for today Rents) than to simply sit here and say "ooh didn't Nicky Forster play well today."

The manager bit I grant you.

I guess I just remember some of your lot laying into a couple of our players before a ball was even kicked at Yeovil last season.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I hope I didn't disappoint!

I have another point I want to make, and I've got a feeling you'll agree with this one: SAM RENTS.

I want every single person on this board who last week said they were happy to see Richards go back because we had an able replacement in Rents to EAT THEIR WORDS. My god, I have forgotten just how weak and pathetic he was. To team him up with Robinson on the left was, from a defensive point of view, suicidal. It was no surprise to see the Millwall winger rape them both repeatedly. Rents may have a good cross on him, but defensively he's every bit as bad as Mayo. Players go past him, positionally he is shocking (BOTH the first two goals came from huge spaces in what should be his position), and when there is a ball to be won he's just pushed aside. PLEASE can we get Richards back, or at the very least make sure Rents doesn't play again. He will cost us games - simple as.

Today, Butters should have played, and Lynch gone to left-back. Not only would that have given us a competant defender on the left, it would also have given us someone in Butters with the height and presence to attempt to stop Alexander. Alexander isn't a good player, but he is bloody strong, and that was simply too much for El Abd and Lynch. In my opinion, a HUGE tactical cock up by Wilkins there.

Agree, But You will be flamed.

Rents was so bad today, the only players that were worse today are El abd and Savage.

I think even Robinson was better and he was utter horse shit

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Firstly, that wasn't me in particular (I was the driver, hence the sober one). Secondly, that was possibly the most disgraceful away trip we have had in terms of general behaviour. It's not always like that! If that's what you witnessed, I can see why you're thinking this but, overall, only a very few select things/people really wind me up:)

Fair enough, it just seems that you manage to make me look positive.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I had such a hard time picking a man of the match for the Costa Express this afternoon. We were so so poor it was unbelievable.

I didn't pick one at all. One or two people named Paul Reid as sitting on the bench, he was the only one who didn't do anything wrong.
We were woeful.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
just got back-looked like 1,600 odd albion up there, great turnout-shame about the performance, on a serious note half the players looked as if they were playing on a hangover-maybe explanied by the fact that the last 3 times in the last week ive been into oceana ive spotted albion players there!! looks like savage is off-said his goodbyes at full time and threw his shirt into the crowd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here