Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall v Brighton (THE THREAD)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Very harsh to single out Rents today. It was a terrible team display, with the defence especially culpable.

Just after the first goal there was another big scare in our area, and I might have been tempted to throw on Butters there and then to steady the ship and calm the kids down.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Agree, But You will be flamed.

Rents was so bad today, the only players that were worse today are El abd and Savage.

I think even Robinson was better and he was utter horse shit

I can't believe that you single out El Abd for criticism. I thought he was the best of a bad bunch and kept our defence together at times. Only he and Forster (who had no service all game) came out of the game with any credit.,

I agree about Savage. Why did we play him if he was obviously not bothered.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I can't believe that you single out El Abd for criticism. I thought he was the best of a bad bunch and kept our defence together at times. Only he and Forster (who had no service all game) came out of the game with any credit.,

agree about el abd - and im supposed to be one of his haters!

on a serious note half the players looked as if they were playing on a hangover-maybe explanied by the fact that the last 3 times in the last week ive been into oceana ive spotted albion players there!!

That's treason and punishable by a dunking in Falmer Pond-followed by being burned at the stake.

looks like savage is off-said his goodbyes at full time and threw his shirt into the crowd.

If his performance today (according to those who were there) is his way of saying thanks for a rescued 'career' then he can sod off. He's good for entertainment value but I've seen old ladies jump higher than him when they're in Tesco's trying to get something off of the top shelf. He's the player the term 'journeyman' was invented for.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill

We were texted at 13:06: '1 down'

Then at 13:10: 'El Abd is such a ****'

14:20: '2 down El Abd again'

Can only assume he didn't have a great game.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
And we still can't take throw-ins properly :cry:
All the players had to do was look at Millwall today. Granted they weren't great at all, but everytime they took a throw in, they had at least 2 options for a throw in.
When it came to us, it was always a hopeful ball down the line to Savage (who couldn't jump to save his life). With our throw-ins, there were more Millwall players within a 10 yard radius of the taker than there were Brighton players. :nono:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

El abd lost his man for first goal, and seemed to be donE by Alexander for pen.

Ill be happy to take back my comments if i see different on second viewing.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
El abd lost his man for first goal, and seemed to be donE by Alexander for pen.

Ill be happy to take back my comments if i see different on second viewing.

i felt it was a general shambles for the first goal - kuipers was glued to his line, and the man seemed to steal in between a combination of lynch, el abd and rents being clueless

he made some key tackles, some important blocks and was our best defender - although that isnt really saying much after todays shambles

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
i felt it was a general shambles for the first goal - kuipers was glued to his line, and the man seemed to steal in between a combination of lynch, el abd and rents being clueless

he made some key tackles, some important blocks and was our best defender - although that isnt really saying much after todays shambles

I just dont understand how you can lose someone so fat as Alexander?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Very dissapointing, especially with a good away following.

Looked as though the team had had too good a Xmas. Once @wall went ahead and found how easy it was, the confidence flowed through them. They were not good players, as shown by their league position, but they fought for every ball today, chased and tackled like demonds.

Ouyr players were not up for the fight and that is something they should feel ashamed of. Hopefully this will be a wake up call to some who have gone off the boil in these last few weeks and I, for one, certainly feel that the steadying influence of Butters, Reid and Gary Hart, may now be needed.

Moody1885

Dec 26, 2007
Well if you want a Millwall view...I thought Brighton started very well, in fact we were all thinking 'here we go!'...but then we got the freekick, it was a great ball begging to be headed home, and thankfully for us not one Brighton player thought to pick up Alexander, who nodded it home....from then on in Brighton just drrifted out of the game.

This was a hard working performance that Jackett has brought in...I've seen us play better and lose, so to win 3-0 is surely moving in the right direction. Also after the shambles at yours (I attended) it was nice to put in a more convincing performance this time....

btw You're right...that penalty was very soft and we were amazed he actually gave it, perhaps it was the FA's way of saying sorry for Mr Friend v Oldham!?!

Quite a good away turn out, (the official site says 1,029), but I did expect more cos you've been doing well lately and you must of fancied your chances.

Anyway...good news bout the Stadium..i'm dating a Brighton girl and spend a lot of time in Brighton...it would be good to see you back on the football map.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Its no good one week saying we are world beaters and the next week no hopers.

This was a very bad day at the office and we were dreadful for 80 of the 90 minutes. Millwall wanted it and we didnt. Some of our players didnt want to know today.

Put it down to experiance...move on.

My take on Savage........he is an entertainer...he may not be a zamora but when he gets the ball, he makes the crowd come alive......he is the only player at the club that does that. We need bums on seats....workmanlike players are not going to attract the crowds back.

I think the board have made a faux pas.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Welcome to the madhouse moody and thanks for the kinds words about the stadium.
I was actually surprised during the scuffle in the second half the ref didn't give out a red card as a warning but he seemed to be very good at controlling the players. Millwall worked a hell of a lot harder then us today and deserved to win.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
]
My take on Savage........he is an entertainer...he may not be a zamora but when he gets the ball, he makes the crowd come alive......he is the only player at the club that does that. We need bums on seats....workmanlike players are not going to attract the crowds back.

I think the board have made a faux pas.

I would agree with that. I said it was not the end of the world on another thread, but I was being a bit generous. Bas was one of the only reasons I kept buying tickets last season. I ended up buying 25 overall and it could have been a damn sight less with Basir. I don't think we should pay astronomical wages for an average player, but you can see how much clubs pay someone like Beckham, simply because of his marketability. As far as I am concerned, Bas is a little league Beckham, albeit on a much smaller scale.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To blame El Abd is WRONG.

Lynch was a TWAT today and with an INEXPERIENCED back 4 we were CRYING out for Guy. They had no pace upfront and BIG GUY was needed today.

Moody1885

Dec 26, 2007
Welcome to the madhouse moody and thanks for the kinds words about the stadium.
I was actually surprised during the scuffle in the second half the ref didn't give out a red card as a warning but he seemed to be very good at controlling the players. Millwall worked a hell of a lot harder then us today and deserved to win.

I had a good view of that little scuffle and the ref thankfully remained sensible...cos as usual it was handbags stuff and both soon realised how silly they were being...it would of been annoying to lose two players because of that.

btw When is the new stadium likely to be built?

I had a good view of that little scuffle and the ref thankfully remained sensible...cos as usual it was handbags stuff and both soon realised how silly they were being...it would of been annoying to lose two players because of that.

btw When is the new stadium likely to be built?

When the investors are rounded up, plans completed and costs estimated, would be my guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here