Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky wants to stay and see job through

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Good news in my opinion. I just hope the board back him. He will pull us out of this no doubt and go on to better things next season:

Adams: I've still got the passion
7:20am Thursday 19th February 2009

Comments (12) Have your say »

By Andy Naylor »

Micky Adams has reiterated he will not resign as Albion manager and insists his desire is as strong as ever.

Adams outlined to The Argus his determination to see the job through amid mounting speculation over his future.

Tuesday’s penalty shoot-out defeat at Luton, watched by Australian-based major shareholder Tony Bloom and the Board, denied Albion a trip to Wembley in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy. Adams is likely to have talks with chairman Dick Knight before Saturday’s match at Millwall but he remains committed to the task of trying to haul Albion clear of the League One relegation zone.

“I am not resigning because I don’t feel the need to,” he said. “I want to take this club forward and I am going to try my hardest to get it right.”

Adams is annoyed by the perception that he is not the same passionate manager who was the architect of the club’s revival in his first spell in charge, which ended eight years ago.

He said: “I am upset by people thinking that. My desire is the same as it has always been but you mature as a person and a manager and it won’t help shouting and hollering at players when they make mistakes.

“The game has changed and footballers have changed. That is the quickest way to lose players these days.

“When players are low on confidence the last thing they need is a manager pointing out all of their mistakes.

“Also, you have got to look at the dressing room you have got.

“The last time I was here I could have done that with the players I had back then but I am not going to fake it now by waving my arms in the air.

"I am as passionate as ever, I want to win. I am gutted the way things have worked out so far.

"I can only apologise for it and I have got to try and put it right. But don't tell me I have lost passion. That is nonsense and I resent that."

David Livermore misses the next three matches after his red card at Luton and on-loan Crystal Palace striker Calvin Andrew is out for three weeks with a hamstring injury sustained in the second half against his home town club.

Tony Godden is continuing to help out with coaching Albion's goalkeepers as the search goes on for a permanent replacement for Paul Crichton following his return to Norwich.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Translates to:

"Im not stupid enough to resign and miss out on a huge pay-off when I don't really have a hope in hell of getting a job elsewhere."

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
“I am upset by people thinking that. My desire is the same as it has always been but you mature as a person and a manager and it won’t help shouting and hollering at players when they make mistakes.

“The game has changed and footballers have changed. That is the quickest way to lose players these days.

“When players are low on confidence the last thing they need is a manager pointing out all of their mistakes.

No they don't Mickey, they need a f***ing rocket up their arses! They need to be training the next day at 9 am after getting back on a coach from Blackpool at 4am. They need to be shitting themselves when they make a mistake so they don't make it again.

The nicey nicey approach HAS NOT WORKED!

This said, it does seem that the players are genuinely behind him.. so maybe sack White and Booker and get Mickey on the whiskey! :drink: :thumbsup:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

well that just proves then Micky that you hav'nt changed WITH the players so now find yourselve rubbish and not great as you once were!

skr80

Oct 9, 2003
“When players are low on confidence the last thing they need is a manager pointing out all of their mistakes."

Perhaps point out one or two of the main ones so not as to upset the little darlings too much then?

Micky - please watch Man United with the sound off, and try and get your players emulating those tactics and their formations.

I watched the match vs Fulham that way last night, and if we have our league 1 players doing anything near that sort of football, we can beat league 1 teams.

Face one fact - the tactics are not working, and if you think football has moved on - then copy the best of today's teams.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
“The game has changed and footballers have changed.

Exactly and he doesn't appear to be able to manage with these changes imo. Hoof ball without a Zamora and lots of running about won't cut it at this level any more. If he won't walk he will get the sack eventually as he is not up to the job, question is when.

Last edited:

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Better the Devil you know!!!!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He said: “I am upset by people thinking that. My desire is the same as it has always been but you mature as a person and a manager and it won’t help shouting and hollering at players when they make mistakes.

Hmmm... What have people praised Capello for: being an authoritarian. England players were upset at no ketchup, so what? Capello was in charge.

Is Alex Ferguson famous for giving his players morale boosting hugs? No, he's famous for giving them the hairdryer treatment. How does that work out for him?

What is with the namby-pambying of players "Don't boo them, they just get scared of playing" ... "They need a hug" ... "I don't want to criticise them or else I'll lose them".

Man's game? Yeah right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here