Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky wants to stay and see job through

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
OK Micky can stay but White and Booker must go. Seriously, if no one gets sacked this week i will... well i will do nothing but i will be very angry!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Most supporters don't have a clue about football management,but could all do it better.Most football supporters don't have two halfpennies to rub together but are constantly urging club directors to spend their money.Most supporters have an Andy Gray understanding of football tactics and strategy,realising how great a manager he has been.

I know.

I am like most supporters.

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
Under the 'successful Adams' we didn't hoof the ball ever.Instead we had pacey, skillfull wingers in Brooker and Jones who would scare the opposition.If we lost the ball it was hoofed back to us by the other teams defence only for us to have another go at them.This is how we won lots of games as there we're plenty of chances being created by the team and for Zamora.This team has none of that skill at the moment which is odd to see.The ball needs to be kept on the floor more.Look at the way Swansea play and that says it all really.

this article just confirms to me that adams is out of touch with modern football and no matter how good are squad is his tactics will not get us wins. people say he has had the passion knocked out of him at previous clubs but why should we bare the brunt. the only way we will stay up is if the players just do it there way and fire themselves up which is very hard to do. i have lost all respect now for knight and he will only regain it by doing what needs to be done...

Sussex by the Sea

Oct 28, 2008
“The game has changed and footballers have changed. That is the quickest way to lose players these days."

If the game has changed, why does Adams persist with playing 80's football, by telling his players to hoof the ball up the field? This style of football went out of fashion with shell-suits and bad hair-cuts!

Attachments

• 80' haircut.jpg
    80' haircut.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 208

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Backing our manager all the way from Istanbul! Come watch the shower of shit then be amazed how you can say that.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He'd be insane to resign. Apart from finding it almost impossible to get a job in football this side of the Blue Square he'd also be consigning Bob Booker to a life of heating up croissants at the Pease Pottage Wild Bean Cafe (or wherever he was before he pitched up again). Not to mention Dean White.

It's up to Knight to bite the bullet. Sure, it might be sea shit and cracked black pepper-flavoured bullet but bitten it has to be...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
well, thats my season ticket money they wont be getting next season then

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
What would I do if I were MA? I'd get on to my mate Naylor and give him the "I'm not walking away" scoop - a very effective way of ensuring the club's starting position regarding compensation for loss of office is as high as poss. DK has no doubt been spending a few hours with the Blooms et al agreeing the club's approach. Was Micky at training today?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Micky is always saying how much he cares about the club and the fans. If that is true he needs to swallow his pride, forget about the pay off and resign. He's totally lost the plot. Any fool can see that.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
NMH and a couple of others have hit the nail on the head. Stop bloody giving the cuddles out, and give them a clip around the ear, and show them whos boss. Last time you were here luck was on your side with four "captains" in the starting eleven, and you also found the best stiker in my time, Zamora.

Also, for training tomorrow, let the lads warch the United/Fulham match. I saw the highlights this morning, and it was fantastic. The United players caress and love the ball, whereas, at present, and not like a season ago, the players treat it like it is aa hot potato, which will burn and break their toes.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
What would I do if I were MA? I'd get on to my mate Naylor and give him the "I'm not walking away" scoop - a very effective way of ensuring the club's starting position regarding compensation for loss of office is as high as poss. DK has no doubt been spending a few hours with the Blooms et al agreeing the club's approach. Was Micky at training today?

My thioughts exactly - Adams will be gone in week or less.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Good news in my opinion. I just hope the board back him. He will pull us out of this no doubt and go on to better things next season:

Adams: I've still got the passion
7:20am Thursday 19th February 2009

Comments (12) Have your say »

By Andy Naylor »

Micky Adams has reiterated he will not resign as Albion manager and insists his desire is as strong as ever.

Adams outlined to The Argus his determination to see the job through amid mounting speculation over his future.

Tuesday’s penalty shoot-out defeat at Luton, watched by Australian-based major shareholder Tony Bloom and the Board, denied Albion a trip to Wembley in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy. Adams is likely to have talks with chairman Dick Knight before Saturday’s match at Millwall but he remains committed to the task of trying to haul Albion clear of the League One relegation zone.

“I am not resigning because I don’t feel the need to,” he said. “I want to take this club forward and I am going to try my hardest to get it right.”

Adams is annoyed by the perception that he is not the same passionate manager who was the architect of the club’s revival in his first spell in charge, which ended eight years ago.

He said: “I am upset by people thinking that. My desire is the same as it has always been but you mature as a person and a manager and it won’t help shouting and hollering at players when they make mistakes.

“The game has changed and footballers have changed. That is the quickest way to lose players these days.

“When players are low on confidence the last thing they need is a manager pointing out all of their mistakes.

“Also, you have got to look at the dressing room you have got.

“The last time I was here I could have done that with the players I had back then but I am not going to fake it now by waving my arms in the air.

"I am as passionate as ever, I want to win. I am gutted the way things have worked out so far.

"I can only apologise for it and I have got to try and put it right. But don't tell me I have lost passion. That is nonsense and I resent that."

David Livermore misses the next three matches after his red card at Luton and on-loan Crystal Palace striker Calvin Andrew is out for three weeks with a hamstring injury sustained in the second half against his home town club.

Tony Godden is continuing to help out with coaching Albion's goalkeepers as the search goes on for a permanent replacement for Paul Crichton following his return to Norwich.

Nothing but a load of hot air from Micky and it's too little too late, He's had the chances to turn this season around and he's proved time and time again that he can't do it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Largely thanks to Bush and the poodle Blair, the meaningless term 'stay and see the job through' has become the last refuge of scoundrels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here