Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky wants to stay and see job through

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
From Micky's point of view there is no point in resigning as he would be cutting off his nose to spite his face. If the results still go against Micky and the Board lose faith in him they will have to give the elbow. If this happens he'll be out of a job but still getting paid monthly until his contract runs out. He wont be sacked for gross misconduct but will leave by mutual consent.

İbrahim Tatlıses;2810824 said:
No. I feel as if I am doing my duty by making it known to humble observers that a Micky sacking is NOT the consensus amongst the fans.

TMLS - Hate to break it to you but I'm a Hovite. Not missed a home game in nearly five seasons. Changed my "location" for clarity.

Where is your proof that this is not the consensus amongst the fans then?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
İbrahim Tatlıses;2810435 said:
G'warn Micky!

You may have lost the support of the vocal but fickle majority, but there is a hardcore faithful that will still back you all the way to success!

What are you basing this statement on? It looks like a few M.A supporters base their argument on blind faith & being able to make themselves 'the good guy' on this board by calling everyone else fickle.

I would like a change in management because of league position, results & the terrible performances that I pay good money to watch & personally I can't see much hope of Micky pulling it round.(obviously, I hope he does if he stays.)
I can understand the argument that we cannot afford to sack him but with rubbish football, possible relegation & plummeting attendances, what advantages are there to carrying on as we are?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
From Micky's point of view there is no point in resigning as he would be cutting off his nose to spite his face. If the results still go against Micky and the Board lose faith in him they will have to give the elbow. If this happens he'll be out of a job but still getting paid monthly until his contract runs out. He wont be sacked for gross misconduct but will leave by mutual consent.

By all accounts he has a contract clause that says if the agreement is terminated by BHA he gets £500,000. Why would he resign? Wait to be pushed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
By all accounts he has a contract clause that says if the agreement is terminated by BHA he gets £500,000. Why would he resign? Wait to be pushed.

If that is true it was a shite bit of negotiation by whoever was responsible. I bet he would have jumped at a one year contract at the time we appointed him. I guess the board were convinced he'd be excellent and were trying to tie him to us to avoid him walking again/being poached???

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
If that is true it was a shite bit of negotiation by whoever was responsible. I bet he would have jumped at a one year contract at the time we appointed him. I guess the board were convinced he'd be excellent and were trying to tie him to us to avoid him walking again/being poached???

I've old heard this on NSC, so it could be one of the myths that become "facts". But the comment I saw said he had a three year contract and a £500k break clause. Shocking negotiation but then it would not look so bad if we were in the play-off places.

Is Alex Ferguson famous for giving his players morale boosting hugs? No, he's famous for giving them the hairdryer treatment. How does that work out for him?

Ferguson isn't just famous for 'hairdrying' anger, that doesn't work on its' own - the manager has to be an intelligent tactician - THEN get angry when his tactics are ignored and the side are losing.

I just don't think a manager with shit tactics is going to get anywhere by laying into the players for implementing those tactics.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ferguson isn't just famous for 'hairdrying' anger, that doesn't work on its' own - the manager has to be an intelligent tactician - THEN get angry when his tactics are ignored and the side are losing.

I just don't think a manager with shit tactics is going to get anywhere by laying into the players for implementing those tactics.

True, but he isn't afraid to get angry at players who make mistakes, and when he does he doesn't lose the team. Micky should try it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here