Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky argues with supporters

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Don't know if anyone saw it but near the start of the match some fan shouted something at Micky and he turned round and shouted back.

It all went quite and as he came out in the second half there were a couple of fans standing there said something to him ( i think it may have been adams out not sure) and he started shouting at them

i think he has lost the plot

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
did he ever have the plot?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Irrespective of a football teams performance I have never ever had a problem with either a manager or player giving some back.

Never, in fact I like to see it.

bhadebs - we know you have a viewpoint and it's one I have a lot of sympathy for, but when you post things like that your viewpoint becomes an agenda.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
It has nothing to do with an agenda - i just posted what i saw that is all - Why the comments

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Irrespective of a football teams performance I have never ever had a problem with either a manager or player giving some back.

Never, in fact I like to see it.

Quite agree with you Sir. A fairly recent example was Matt Richards, after getting a load of (IMHO) undeserved abuse mouthing something along the lines of "shut the f*** up" at the south stand. Good on him.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
How would you like it if someone posted that you (quoting your real name) may have been shouting at your child in the street, and it was someone else? How would you expect MA to refute such an allegation?

What on earth has this got to do with shouting at a child

All i said is what i saw - no more no less

It wouldn't be the first time someone has been near the dug out shouting abuse

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Can't blame the guy. Is someone shouted at me, that they wanted me to lose my job I would probably have something to say back. especially if I was at work in front of my staff at the time!!!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It has nothing to do with an agenda - i just posted what i saw that is all - Why the comments

Touchy....

.. as I said, I have sympathy with a lot of what you post (probably most), but you know damn well why you posted it and your reaction pretty much confirms it. I'm not expecting you to admit it, but it's obvious to everyone.

Your using it to back up the arguments you have made time and time again on here. You are obviously a little bit raw about..

1) what happened last season because quite obviously it is very close to you and

2) you don't like the abuse you've received telling everyone about it.

To be honest the performances on the pitch are backing up your arguments better than you possibly could at the moment, so I suggest you leave it at that.

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Don't know if anyone saw it but near the start of the match some fan shouted something at Micky and he turned round and shouted back.

It all went quite and as he came out in the second half there were a couple of fans standing there said something to him ( i think it may have been adams out not sure) and he started shouting at them

At half time, both Adams and the fan had a smile on their face throughout the exchange.. I couldn't hear what was said, but it looked fairly good-natured.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I did see it, although i was in row 4 and it happened directly in front of me, I couldn't hear fully what was said. But I saw a fat bloke stuffing pie down his neck as Micky came to the bench. Fat bloke had a go along the lines of "Out, Out Out", Micky responded - couldn't hear what he said, either way, Fat bloke turned and laughed with his mate saying something ending in "well he heard me". What pissed me off was his amusement at the situation. It wasn't meant. It was as if he had jumped on a bandwagon and was taunting for effect. And the fact it got a rise was pleasing for him.

At time couldn't help thinking we havn't even kicked off. Muppet. Not a constructive comment, and players were looking at this as they took positions to kick off. Not helpful. As a player, you would have been thinking oh shit - which again would have contributed towards the performance we all saw. If fat bloke hadn't stopped for the pie who knows what the result may have been......................

Was trying to think what I would have done on the receiving end given the obvious baiting Fat bloke was giving. Do you ignore? Do you do a Richards? Difficult one, as both would give you sit PR.

With hindsight and in isolation, I would have ignored and let him eat himself to death, safe in the knowledge he won't be with us for long, but when you face it every home appearance, you are going to respond. Micky did.

PS. Not condoning the performance - it was shit. (But I think Micky knows that as well, and to let the players know before kick off simply won't assist the oncoming performance).

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Thanks for that scintillating snippet of info. bhadeb. I can now go to bed safe in the knowledge that you are a great asset to our dwindling fan-base; & it's a real joy - nay, a privilege - to feel enlightened enough to realise that you have absolutely no anti-Adams agenda whatsoever.

Hurrah. :bowdown:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
At half time, both Adams and the fan had a smile on their face throughout the exchange.. I couldn't hear what was said, but it looked fairly good-natured.

Thats as i saw it (but not heard it)

Stumpy Tim

I like bhadeb... I feel sorry for her as a few NSCers seem to pounce on anything she says. FACT is, she's pissed off Wilkins was fired for no good reason and replaced with a dinosaur of a coach.

Of course, it's probably a little embarrasing for some people that bhadeb has been proven 100% correct. But let's not let that stop people from ganging up on her

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here