Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky argues with supporters

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
We arrived late as the game was kicking off, two blokes were shouting at Micky (I asume with food in their mouths as they were eating chips) who was answering back (without food in his mouth), more of the arriving suppoters were applauding Micky in support.

Around half time the same two blokes appeared again, they moved around the dug out but Micky was out last and walked around to lots of applause from our area in Block F, there then seemed to be more words said. To much of our amusement one of the blokes threw his ticket (yes a £10 JPT area final ticket) towards the dug out. It did not go far and looked ridiculous.

We sit behind the dug out and I heard no protest at the end, I thought the crowd were not in it last night, its a strange catch 22, players are struggling crowd shut up. Well I look forward to the next installment of Laural and Hardys two bloke protest and hope it helps lift the spirit of a team that desperatly needs some confidence.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
The fact that Adams has thus far been crap does not mean that Wilkins was wrongly sacked.

As far as I am concerned he was wrongly sacked and the only thing that will change that is an explanation - even if it was very basic - i.e senor players were threatening to leave or he was applying for other jobs. The thing that gets me is he was offered the assistant post - so it can't have been that bad?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
As his friend she's Wilkins' mouthpiece on here but so far has not really been proven to be 100% correct because she hasn't actually said anything other than her usual vitriol towards Dick Knight. If she has some FACTS about what went on (which as Wilkins' friend she must have) why not tell us? She'd get more respect (and more support) if she did. As it is, all she does is use every opportunity to badmouth Knight and Adams without any FACTS to support her continuing attempts to de-stabilise the club. Rants against Knight and Adams on a continual basis without any FACTS is becoming tedious. Tell us what happened (Wilkins' side of the story) then perhaps people wouldn't react. "I know The Truth" or "DK is a liar" or "DK is full of shit" isn't telling us anything factual is it?

Maybe it's time for the facts bhadeb?

I am not Wilkins mouth peice - never have been never will be

Perhaps you need to face facts ?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As far as I am concerned he was wrongly sacked and the only thing that will change that is an explanation - even if it was very basic - i.e senor players were threatening to leave or he was applying for other jobs. The thing that gets me is he was offered the assistant post - so it can't have been that bad?

The problem could now be that the reason has been proved to have been an incorrect assessment of the situation by the board and the truth coming out now may make them look stupid. I don't think we'll ever find out what was really behind the decision, to be honest.

Stumpy Tim

As his friend she's Wilkins' mouthpiece on here but so far has not really been proven to be 100% correct because she hasn't actually said anything other than her usual vitriol towards Dick Knight. If she has some FACTS about what went on (which as Wilkins' friend she must have) why not tell us? She'd get more respect (and more support) if she did. As it is, all she does is use every opportunity to badmouth Knight and Adams without any FACTS to support her continuing attempts to de-stabilise the club. Rants against Knight and Adams on a continual basis without any FACTS is becoming tedious. Tell us what happened (Wilkins' side of the story) then perhaps people wouldn't react. "I know The Truth" or "DK is a liar" or "DK is full of shit" isn't telling us anything factual is it?

Maybe it's time for the facts bhadeb?

There are plenty of people on here who have claimed Wilkins had a breakdown, Wilkins lost the players etc etc... they don't seem to get the abuse bhadeb does. And why shouldn't someone stick up for Wilkins anyway - he deserves it far more than Knight, Adams or any of the other people at the Albion right now

There are also plenty of people who abuse players on NSC for any reason. They also don't get the same stick.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
what is that comment for

To be perfectly honest, I, and quite a fe others are sick and tired of your poisonous vitriol towards a man who saved my football club and a manger who I used to worship.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It still seems that there are more MA supporters (pre-match) than there are outers. But from my time in the J Block, the fans will applaud Micky into the dugout and then call for his head at the final whistle.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
well done to micky ,thats what i say,should of gave them a backhander

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Quite agree with you Sir. A fairly recent example was Matt Richards, after getting a load of (IMHO) undeserved abuse mouthing something along the lines of "shut the f*** up" at the south stand. Good on him.

The paying public have a right to express their opinion. Just say this player or that player is playing awful, isn't it in our rights to slag the player or players off. In this case Matt Richards, opinions are what matters in football and if we didn't have them we would be totally f***ed.

those two guys who had a go at him were either middle aged spastics or incredibly drunk. they sat the row infront of me in h block and i have never seen them before and at one point they started singing songs about chelsea. they didnt have a clue what was going on and ruined the first half of the game for me, like it couldnt be any shitter. absolute pricks and we will never see them again, they had the mind of a 2 year old.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
To be perfectly honest, I, and quite a fe others are sick and tired of your poisonous vitriol towards a man who saved my football club and a manger who I used to worship.

:bowdown:

Quite right.

Brighton and Hove Albion is bigger than Dean Wilkins. Yes, he was a great servant to the club but he is here no longer. Micky Adams is the manager, the team are underperforming but this is the time when the fans need to show their support more than ever. If is easy to be a fan when you win every week but it takes something a little extra to keep that enthusiasm when you are not.

Yes, everyone has a right to express their opinions when they are not happy but it should be balanced and expressed in a civilised manner.

I think a few people on this board won't be happy until we go down with Adams in charge, so they can say 'told you so'.

If you ask me that is pathetic to the highest degree, we are all fans of this great club and we should start behaving like such.

Thats my two penneth for what its worth.

Stumpy Tim

And who are you? I disagree with her so I have made my feelings clear.

What do you mean who am I? I'm a fan, who has also backed Dick Knight many many times. I think calling a fellow fan pathetic because you disagree with them... well... pathetic.

Oh - and I haven't seen any anti-Knight stuff on this thread. There was one comment about Adams arguing with the fans - that's it

Fans have paid, and do have a right to have their say - to a manager or player or who-ever they like.
As long as it's neither antisocial/threatening or racist, then it is fair enough really.

I realise some of your mums might have said those age-old words "if you can't say anthing nice don't say anything at all", but ...... I promise not to tell her if you didn't take her advice.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The paying public have a right to express their opinion. Just say this player or that player is playing awful, isn't it in our rights to slag the player or players off. In this case Matt Richards, opinions are what matters in football and if we didn't have them we would be totally f***ed.

I think some players do deserve some criticism (now and again), but it was off the rails when it came to Richards. He had obviously been told what to do and it wasn't working. His rebuttal meant that at least he cared. The trouble is.....at this level we have players that will play like a Tevez or Maldini at some point, but are more that likely to play like Molango or (Jamie) Campbell.

I am not advocating an all out marching band parade, but perhaps we should try the opposite of our current mode and get behind the team ALL the time.

Hoops Seagull

Nov 17, 2008

Do you own the club - Why don't you like bha deb - she just has opinions the same as you all - get off her back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here