Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams????????????????????

Would appointing Micky Adams bring part of the crowd back?

• Yes

Votes: 70 50.7%
  • No

Votes: 68 49.3%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Thought I would bring this one back up, just to embarass a few, and to vindicate others. Feb 2008 this was posted. Just goes to prove people didn't appreciate what we had at the time.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Heehee. So many wrong people. Not just about Adams, but also the negativity about our chances that season, though one of the posters was right about the mid season contract negotiations costing us success.

I know responding to some points here is probably redundent, but I feel compelled by a couple of points:

I really don't understand why people go on about how "poor" our attendance is. Our average attendance puts us 13th in our division, how does that compare to our position in the league table? And we have one of, if not the, most expensive ticket prices in our division for one of the worst grounds. I think we should be celebrating our ability to attract a division average attendance in our situation, and stop making decisions based on what some consider "low" attendance figures.

5000 at an average of £20 a head = £100,000 per home game
7000 at an average of £20 a head = £140,000 per home game+ merchandise etc

Why not do it now before we are financially incapable of mounting a serious challenge next season?

Do not worry i will be attending the next fans forum to ask this exact question.

Firstly, 7000 people buy merchandise, but 5000 don't? Talk about agendas.

And, in retrospect, there was no action back in february, and yet we were financially able to buy some very good players this year (getting them to pplay is taking time, but we had the money to do it).

He accepted a better paid job to enhance his career in a prem bound club...he took leicester up didnt he????....I for one dont blame him for leaving.

Actually, he left for a club that was in the premiership and all but relegated, so he quit his position as manager at one championship-bound team to go play second fiddle at another championship-bound team.

Though that is the negative way of looking at it, he was leaving a team that was likely to struggle in the championship, that had little money to spend and had no permanent home ground etc. to go to a team with money, that would be favourites to dominate the championship, with money to spend, and although he was going in as number 2 it was a for the future appointment meaning he'd have a good chance of managing at a higher level.

Your point is essentially correct, just wrong details.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I love Micky Adams, I think he's a great bloke and I was proud when we got him back in. But his reputation needs rebuilding, he needs to go into a smaller club and stay there for a few years, and then perhaps it would be a good decision to bring him back, AGAIN! I would happily see him come back for a third time in the future.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I love Micky Adams, I think he's a great bloke and I was proud when we got him back in. But his reputation needs rebuilding, he needs to go into a smaller club and stay there for a few years, and then perhaps it would be a good decision to bring him back, AGAIN! I would happily see him come back for a third time in the future.

Bring back the blue writing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here