Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams????????????????????

Would appointing Micky Adams bring part of the crowd back?

• Yes

Votes: 70 50.7%
  • No

Votes: 68 49.3%

• Total voters

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
It's up to you but something needs to change to generate revenue for next season or it will be this all over again!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Never go back. Always move forward. He couldn't possibly achieve the same success again.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
But if Micky was to come back now and generate the crowds and add some spark to the game how many people would discourage it? For me i have given Wilkins time and the attendances are dwindling , i want to see improved crowds asap and if that doesn't happen we have serious issues. Micky never lost the faith but half of BRIGHTON has hence the -5000 crowds.

5000 at an average of £20 a head = £100,000 per home game
7000 at an average of £20 a head = £140,000 per home game+ merchandise etc

Why not do it now before we are financially incapable of mounting a serious challenge next season?

Do not worry i will be attending the next fans forum to ask this exact question.

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
The question is "Would appointing Micky Adams bring part of the crowd back?" not "Should Micky Adams be re appointed?".

The answer, of course, is yes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not think that it would overa long period, may do for the first game but people have got used to nopt going to Withdean and that will take a lot of changing.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I do not think that it would overa long period, may do for the first game but people have got used to nopt going to Withdean and that will take a lot of changing.

Okay, the answer to the question posed is YES, bringing back Micky Adams would definitely increase the crowd; as for how long, who knows.

As BensGrandad says, people have got used to not going to Withdean "and that will take a lot of changing"...a managerial appointment might just be the big change that would persuade people to come back to Withdean.

Having said all that, the time for a managerial change was earlier in the season. No point in making changes now.

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
Bens Grandad post makes a lot of sense.
1 big signing = 1 big crowd
a managerial change = 5 big crowds
micky adams + falmer = 1 big season
as sad as it sounds, the only way forward is to struggle.

D

Deleted member 2719

Mickey WAS great for us, let it stay that way and stop looking back.
We don't need a new manager yet so let's just get on with it and be positive.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
But if Micky was to come back now and generate the crowds and add some spark to the game how many people would discourage it? For me i have given Wilkins time and the attendances are dwindling , i want to see improved crowds asap and if that doesn't happen we have serious issues. Micky never lost the faith but half of BRIGHTON has hence the -5000 crowds.

5000 at an average of £20 a head = £100,000 per home game
7000 at an average of £20 a head = £140,000 per home game+ merchandise etc

Why not do it now before we are financially incapable of mounting a serious challenge next season?

Do not worry i will be attending the next fans forum to ask this exact question.

NO!!!!!!!! If Mickey comes back the crowd would only go up first game. It's the second 'if' I have a porblem with. You think Mickey would generate some spark to the game? I don't think so. He hasn't been able to do that at any of the clubs he went to after us. With the players and finances we've got he may do marginally better than Wilko but not enough to bring the fans back.

The core problem it not the manager it is that we are in a period of transition and no manager on earth who would accept a salary of less than about 20,000 a week would be able to turn that round.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
You clearly want people to say yes and then use that to say he should be re-appointed but let's get some perspective.

ANY new manager coming in WILL get bigger crowds for a while. So whether you put a name to it, MIcky Adams, or not they will go up. You only worded that question that way and it was quite a leading question, because you want the answer to be yes which is obvious. I don't think just getting rid of a manager is the answer. I admit that I have become a bit confused about Wilkins. We are never that far off a really good game but don't seem to change much. HE says similar things. He doesn't appear to have many new ideas on how to use Forster and Murray etc but we must give him time. ANd who is to say Micky would return.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
NO!!!!!!!! If Mickey comes back the crowd would only go up first game. It's the second 'if' I have a porblem with. You think Mickey would generate some spark to the game? I don't think so. He hasn't been able to do that at any of the clubs he went to after us. With the players and finances we've got he may do marginally better than Wilko but not enough to bring the fans back.

The core problem it not the manager it is that we are in a period of transition and no manager on earth who would accept a salary of less than about 20,000 a week would be able to turn that round.

Agreed. We'd have a sell-out for the first game but after that gates would drop again. It's not difficult to have a big crowd for one game - a big name new signing, massively reduced prices, Gully's Girls doing a striptease - they'd all probably put a couple of thousand on the gate but would they be sustainable? I doubt it.

Changing managers rarely helps, we have a third-division squad for a third-division club even Jose Mourinho couldn't turn them into world-beaters.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Two words for all you people who think Micky would bring in 7000 and make us win every game....

KING KEV.

Not worked too well so far for them has it?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would crowds increase? Yes, initially. we had 20,000 for a 0-0 (against York I think) when Clough and Taylor arrived. The crowds soon dropped off.

Should MA come back? ask Alan Mullery that one.

Maybe I'm being a bit sensible here for a moment and if so I apologise in advance, it won't happen again.

Surely the two main reasons for the low crowds are -

1 Mid-table obscurity. We aren't going up, we aren´t going down, so there's not a lot to get excited about. This is the first season for ages that looks like it is going to peter out without excitement or despair - we don't have a lot to play for.

2 On its own this wouldn´t necessarily be a problem but when you factor in the Withdean problems - lousy stadium, we´ve been there for what seems like ages with no obvious date for a change or improvement, understandably high prices, then it shows in low crowds.

Question. If we had just returned from Gillingham this season would we have low crowds even with the same football and results? Answer, no. People would come because of the novelty.

The novelty wore off long ago with Withdean. Withdean fatigue is a huge problem for us and will only go away when we have a definite date for the move to Falmer.

And I don't see that either of these are down to Wilkins or would show any long term improvement if he went and another manager came in. OK, for a few weeks the place would buzz but it wouldn't last.

Whether we like it or not or whether we accept it or not, this club can at best only tread water until we get close to Falmer. Some people could argue that Wilkins should play better football (presumably this means winning football) but I just don't see we have the resources to do this, not without lashing out money we don't have and jeapordising the financial future of the club. That certainly would not happen while Dick Knight is Chairman and I for one am grateful for that.

I seriously do not think that we can improve significantly with the resources we have. Until they improve we have to do the best with what we have. And IMHO Wilkins is doing that.

You can argue that we have won Championships and Play-Offs under similar restrictions in the last few years and nobody enjoyed those times more than me. But I am still convinced we over-achieved in those years.

Our financial situation simply will NOT improve until two things happen. Firstly someone with serious dosh comes in and secondly we are at Falmer. The first won't happen until the second is very close. I think this is the reality of the situation but I can totally understand the frustration of many people. Welcome to the world of being an Albion supporter!

We could have had 6 or 7 years of mid-table obscurity, then we would really have had something to moan at!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here