Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams about to resign!

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
PT going to Hull is not a step back, it was a step forward! They have a ground, they have money to spend, they have decent gates every week!
Port Vale we're a division above us at the time? I seem to remember it like that but could be wrong.

You're right about PT and Hull. And if I remember correctly, Port Vale were two divisions above us (we were in D3, they were in D1).

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
CrabtreeBHA said:
PT going to Hull is not a step back, it was a step forward! They have a ground, they have money to spend, they have decent gates every week!
Port Vale we're a division above us at the time? I seem to remember it like that but could be wrong.

We'll, it depends on your outlook I suppose. You can always argue about what clubs are 'bigger' than others and what a step forward/backward actually means. You are correct PV were in a higher Div at the time but I cannot see many folks saying that PV are bigger than Brighton. Hull were 2 divisions below us at the time, so it has to be a step back from that perspective!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Yeah but Hull & PV both have something we dont...a guaranteed future and if PV we're two divisions above us as Perth says then it was'nt a step back. Yes we can argue all day long about whos bigger but IMO the fact of the matter is that without a ground of our own we are not bigger than anyone else at this moment in time. We have the potential to be big, thats plain for all to see, but right now we simply aint!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Brighton in Division Three. Port Vale in Division One.

Brian Horton and Jeff Minton leave Brighton for Port Vale.

Brighton are now in Division One and Port Vale in Division Two.

Brian Horton is now manager of Third Division Macclesfield. Jeff Minton found himself at non league Canvey Island, which was a forward step from his previous club Leyton Orient.

Hmm.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
CrabtreeBHA said:
Yeah but Hull & PV both have something we dont...a guaranteed future and if PV we're two divisions above us as Perth says then it was'nt a step back. Yes we can argue all day long about whos bigger but IMO the fact of the matter is that without a ground of our own we are not bigger than anyone else at this moment in time. We have the potential to be big, thats plain for all to see, but right now we simply aint!

I disagree. Nobody has a guaranteed future in Football these days. One thing that you can be sure of with DK is that we won't spend beyond our means.

Hull and PV have the basics of what you need, but what are Vale's average attendence? Hull are a different matter, with their attendences, you can see them progressing right to the top.

I agree about the stadium, we're buggered without Falmer, fair and square.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
yeah true no club is safe, but still at the time PV we're bigger!

anyway back to Adams:
"Adams began his coaching career at Fulham, leading them to promotion from the Third Division.
He also managed Swansea, Brentford, Nottingham Forest and Brighton before moving to Leicester."

does'nt it strike anyone else that for someone whos only 42 years old....he's managed alot of clubs! ??? I count 6...blimey at this rate could manage every league club by his 80th birthday!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Best of luck for the future, I can't help thinking he should have stayed with us all the time although I suspect he has erned more money by moving on.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I honestly though MM would f*** it up in the Championship. He hasn't and he's proved me wrong. MA is the best manager we've had since Mullery (however much of a w***** he became later) but there's no way we should be thinking of MA over MM. Leave Mark to get the job done and wish Mickey well. If there's a need later and Mickey's still free(some hope!!) then we'll have him back with open arms.

Legends are best left where they are... as legends.

End of subject!:)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Interesting developments.

I read in an interview awhile back that Adams said he would love to become Leeds Utd manager. Stranger things have happened...

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
CrabtreeBHA said:
yeah true no club is safe, but still at the time PV we're bigger!

anyway back to Adams:
"Adams began his coaching career at Fulham, leading them to promotion from the Third Division.
He also managed Swansea, Brentford, Nottingham Forest and Brighton before moving to Leicester."

does'nt it strike anyone else that for someone whos only 42 years old....he's managed alot of clubs! ??? I count 6...blimey at this rate could manage every league club by his 80th birthday!

Good point. And how many of those did he leave of his own accord. At least 3

Fulham - sacked (I think)
Swansea - resigned
Brentford - ?
Forest - ?
Brighton - resigned
Leicester - resigned

Kev the Ape

he a legend, but the 2 preston games made his mind up. Remember they drew against preston with goalkeeper scoring and then the carling cup game what they lost.

he be the next manager at cardiff if lennie lawrence gets the sack.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Haven't got time to read the whole thread, so appologies if this has already been said but .....

clearly this is something that he has been considering for the past couple of weeks at least. So in that period of terrible uncertainty and unrest, when most of us wouldn't be able to think of anyone but ourselves, Micky made the trip to join the march.

I was impressed at the time, but to think all of this was going on in his mind at the time, makes it all the more noble.

Top man, and a Brighton legend.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Gritt23 said:
Haven't got time to read the whole thread, so appologies if this has already been said but .....

clearly this is something that he has been considering for the past couple of weeks at least. So in that period of terrible uncertainty and unrest, when most of us wouldn't be able to think of anyone but ourselves, Micky made the trip to join the march.

I was impressed at the time, but to think all of this was going on in his mind at the time, makes it all the more noble.

Top man, and a Brighton legend.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Perhapse he wanted to see DK about getting his old job back! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here