Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams about to resign!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Very saddened by this although not entirely suprised, sitting next to some Soton fans at Old Trafford on Saturday and they were talking about a very strong rumour linking Mickey to them.

He deserves better than that.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Micky signed players to do a job and was very lucky with Zamora, he did great to win us the Championships but McGhee, in my opinion, is looking like the better manager. He's got a team of youngsters playing like experienced professionals and beating some very good sides.

Fair enough, says Adams was a great manager but don't go too far OTT, he wasn't that great.
And no, I wouldn't like to see him return, he's had his time here.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Scoffers said:
Where do I begin?

It's Micky's team --> Micky has had a new team for each of the seasons's he's been in charge because of Leicester's financial plight. On that basis, it's simply ridiculous to suggest that it's all down to him.

He's a wanker --> I'm sure he loves you too.

Hoping we don't get him back --> So, you don't want to bring back a manager that created a team that turned a struggling Div 4 side into a Champ winning side for the first time in their recent history. The basis of that team then won a further championship and a lot of which are still in the side now. Interesting.

MM is lightyears ahead of him --> MM is a great manager, but light years ahead of Micky, I think not

Legend my ar*e! --> I refer to the 'hoping we don't get him back' answer given above

As I stated, I completely disagree with ALL of your comments.

1) The players are all "his" he chose them, and is paying them money that MM could only dream of with us! They made over £5m profit last year!

2) The comment refered to his performance as Leicester's Manager.

3) No he is not good enough for this league, especially with our budget. As I said, it took PT to develop his team into Div 2 Champions, the way they were playing under him would have left us in the Playoffs at best.

4) MM is a top quality Manager, just look at the way he brings the best out of our players.

5) He deserted us when we needed him! Lucky he did though, we got PT, a better coach by far. (Not sure he can be trusted with money though).

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
3gulls said:
1) The players are all "his" he chose them, and is paying them money that MM could only dream of with us! They made over £5m profit last year!

2) The comment refered to his performance as Leicester's Manager.

3) No he is not good enough for this league, especially with our budget. As I said, it took PT to develop his team into Div 2 Champions, the way they were playing under him would have left us in the Playoffs at best.

4) MM is a top quality Manager, just look at the way he brings the best out of our players.

5) He deserted us when we needed him! Lucky he did though, we got PT, a better coach by far. (Not sure he can be trusted with money though).

I have seen nothing in your response to change my mind. So I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
3gulls said:

With due respect to PT, what did he bring to the team?

Junior Lewis, who admittedly was the difference between promotion and the championship, and Daniel Webbfoot.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
fatboy said:
With due respect to PT, what did he bring to the team?

Junior Lewis, who admittedly was the difference between promotion and the championship, and Daniel Webbfoot.

Coaching, and Junior. Danny Webb was very young, and put himself about. I would have liked to have seen him stay. Could have been just the target man we still need.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Micky signed players to do a job and was very lucky with Zamora, he did great to win us the Championships but McGhee, in my opinion, is looking like the better manager. He's got a team of youngsters playing like experienced professionals and beating some very good sides.

Fair enough, says Adams was a great manager but don't go too far OTT, he wasn't that great.
And no, I wouldn't like to see him return, he's had his time here.

Bloody hell - I agree with you ! times they are a changing - surprised its not suggested mickey will be back in September when MM 's contract is not renewed - surely we wont be that silly?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I personally did'nt think PT did that much other than get behind the oringial MA's team and keep pushing from behind, not as if he made massive changes or anything. Thats not to say he did'tn do anything for us as he obviously did and we thank him for that, even if he did run off at the end of it, but still MA had some part to play in the Div2 winning side..

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Some people have unbelievable memories.

How many of the squad that won the 4th Division (to me, it's still 1,2,3,4) title were in the squad before MA arrived?

I cannot believe that I am having to convince people of MA's ability.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
3gulls said:
Coaching, and Junior. Danny Webb was very young, and put himself about. I would have liked to have seen him stay. Could have been just the target man we still need.

I rated Junior Lewis a lot. No one else does though; where is he now? Hull?

Webb was useless. Did you see him on his second spell with us?

He seemed like some sort of scientific gravity experiment. On his arse more than Heskey. He has played for so many clubs and hasn't scored more than a couple for each. He put himself about so much that he got Zamora sent off at Oldham.

Albion Rob

I thyink Micky was a GOOD manager. Not a great one, he didn't take us to the top flight or anything like that but he was given a budget by Dick Knight and brought in, by and large, good players who were ale to do a job for us.

As someone pointed out a couple of months ago, he is one of those managers who gets to know players and they follow him from club to club. Players like Morgan, Brooker and Watson have all done a job for us in their time.

Would I have him back? Probably not. He made some dreadful signings too - Carr, Campbell, Cameron, Lehman to name but a few. He did a good job on the budget and set the foundations for where we are today but I think thigs have changed so much. We now have an exciting crop of youngsters who wouldn't be very happy if they were dropped for more experience pros. Also Micky hasbeen shown for what h is to a degree. At Leicester he was under incredible scrutiny all the time. Every time I go up there to see my girlfriend's family they either love him or hate him, there was no mid way. Down here he was allowed to get on with the job and was quite a big fish so we accepted his outbursts from time to time.

I finish with a story. My mate was watching cricket in the West Indies in his stripes and a guy came up to him and started chatting to him. It turns out he is godfather to one of Micky's kids (or maybe other way round). He said Micky thought we were a bit of a micky mouse club and he would be off as soon as Garry Bassett got a decent managers job, to work under him. This was 10 months before he resigned. And don't forget he whored himself to Southampton that summer too.

The thing about Micky Adams is the only person he truly looks out for is Micky Adams. I respect him for that and thank him for the memories.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Albion Rob said:

Would I have him back? Probably not. He made some dreadful signings too - Carr, Campbell, Cameron, Lehman to name but a few.

Campbell was alright, Carr was constantly injured and played out of position.

Lehmann went onto play centre back in the SPL, and Cameron could have made it with a better attitude. Similar signing to Molango, and the jury is still out on him.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Micky may like our club, but he won't come back. From his career perspective, it will be a step backwards for him.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
perth seagull said:
Micky may like our club, but he won't come back. From his career perspective, it will be a step backwards for him.

Well, PT did it with Hull City, Horton did it with Port Vale. If we ever get permission to build Falmer, maybe it would be a different story

Albion Rob

fatboy said:
Campbell was alright, Carr was constantly injured and played out of position.

Lehmann went onto play centre back in the SPL, and Cameron could have made it with a better attitude. Similar signing to Molango, and the jury is still out on him.

Are you mad?! Campbell was one of the worst professional footballers I have ever seen, underlined by his own goal against us for Exeter.

Lehmann was signed as a forward, we had two excellent centre galves that year in Danny Cullip and Simon Morgan. Carr was always injured, fair enough. As for Cameron, c'mon Andy, he was pretty poor and his attitude certainly didn't help.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Scoffers said:
Well, PT did it with Hull City, Horton did it with Port Vale. If we ever get permission to build Falmer, maybe it would be a different story

Hopefully Mark McGhee will sign a new contract if that happens.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Scoffers said:

PT going to Hull is not a step back, it was a step forward! They have a ground, they have money to spend, they have decent gates every week!
Port Vale we're a division above us at the time? I seem to remember it like that but could be wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here