Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams about to resign!

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Gareth Glover said:
Most of those Leicester players seem fecking arseholes. Micky deserved better than working with those pricks. He will be back bigger and better than ever and Leicester will realise the error of their ways.

But they are Micky's team! He got them in and it's all down to him. He is a complete wan*er as their manager.

I just hope that we don't end up with him back. MM is lightyears ahead of him, even PT got his players playing better and us the Championship. Legend my ar*e!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Nice post 3gulls, I completely disagree with you, but hey, you are entitled to your view.

BlueWhite

Dec 28, 2003
Adams to resign as Leicester boss

Adams took over in 2002

Leicester boss Micky Adams is to resign today, report BBC Radio Five Live.

A press conference has been called for 1200 BST when the club said they will make a 'major decision'.

Adams, who has been in charge of the East Midlands club since April 2002, hinted he could quit after a recent defeat against QPR.

Leicester, who were relegated from the Premiership last season, were one of the favourites for promotion but have got off to a disappointing start.

Adams is said to have grown increasingly disenchanted at the club since their relegation from the Premier League last season - the second time they have dropped out of the top flight in three years.

Leicester were knocked out of the Carling Cup by Preston last week and Adams refused to speak to the media afterwards.

They are currently 12th in the Championship table after 12 games, have won only one home game all season and there has been reports of dressing room unrest.

Keown put on transfer list

Former Arsenal and England defender Martin Keown was recently put on the transfer list after apparently criticising Adams' running of the club.

The Foxes lost 3-2 to QPR on 25 September after being 2-0 ahead and had striker David Connolly sent off.

Afterwards Adams said: "The discipline side of the club has gone haywire. I'll have to change it or somebody else will have to.

"If we keep shooting ourselves in the foot, either I sort it or somebody else will."

The 42-year-old later dismissed talk of him walking away but it appears he has now decided to end his spell in charge.

Adams joined the club as assistant to Dave Bassett in October 2001 before taking over six months later.

He began his coaching career at Fulham, leading them to promotion from the Third Division.

Adams also managed Swansea, Brentford, Nottingham Forest and Brighton before moving to Leicester.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Comedy Steve said:
Oh god. That 'McGhee to Leicester' comment has a terrible sense of foreboding.

:(

Agreed, they all rate him, but hate him for walking-out on them for Wolves. :nono:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Come back to us Mickey and be Marks no.2 along Bob Booker!!

Imagine...

:flameboun

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
From the reports, Micky left Leicester, rather than them letting him go.

I'm sure they'll be no shortage of clubs after him.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Scoffers said:
From the reports, Micky left Leicester, rather than them letting him go.

I'm sure they'll be no shortage of clubs after him.

Maybe those in FL2, his record for getting out of there is excellent! :lolol:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just goes to show the two sides of getting in an 'experienced pro' to help the youngsters, as it can go the other way. Keown has clearly gone in there with the 'I'm big-time' attitude, challenged the manager, and f**ked up the dressing room.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
3gulls said:
So which bit is wrong? ???

Where do I begin?

It's Micky's team --> Micky has had a new team for each of the seasons's he's been in charge because of Leicester's financial plight. On that basis, it's simply ridiculous to suggest that it's all down to him.

He's a wanker --> I'm sure he loves you too.

Hoping we don't get him back --> So, you don't want to bring back a manager that created a team that turned a struggling Div 4 side into a Champ winning side for the first time in their recent history. The basis of that team then won a further championship and a lot of which are still in the side now. Interesting.

MM is lightyears ahead of him --> MM is a great manager, but light years ahead of Micky, I think not

Legend my ar*e! --> I refer to the 'hoping we don't get him back' answer given above

As I stated, I completely disagree with ALL of your comments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here