Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mickey Adams - where do you stand

You position on Micky Adams' tenure:

• Adams In. Best candidate on our budget and/or we'll be in playoffs this season or next under him.

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Adams In. Obviously I want results but lets give him 18 months or longer before judging him

Votes: 23 23.0%
  • Adams In. Lets judge him at the end of the season.

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Adams In, if it's looking like relegation after the January transfer window, the board should act

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Adams In, but if w're trouble by Christmas I want the board to get rid

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • Adams Out now. I don't like the way he plays football and/or his crap tactics

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Adams Out now. Look at our league position FFS. Don't forget, we were 7th last year

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'm being extremely objectionable because I can't believe that we are 11 games into a season, and people are questioning the managers position - AGAIN.

You would've thought that last season and the whole Wilkins saga would've made people understand that this can be so counter-productive. Scrutiny, yeah I can go along with that, but this isn't scrutiny, this is witch-hunting - AGAIN.

It's a forum, I get that, but why is it this board seems hell-bent on undermining the manager at every opportunity, it beggers belief.

Have you heard any Adams out shouts at matches? Most people, like me, desperately want him to succeed but worry at the moment that we cannot see where the next win is coming from (especially at home). I am giving Mickey time but there is only so much time you can give and realistically if we have a bad end of October/November something must be done.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Personally Adams should do the decent thing and resign. He quite clearly doesnt have a clue (his team selections have proved this) possibly he is quite well off (im sure Leics and Cov gave him a few quid as pay off) so do the decent thing and resign.

With regards to a new manager well Danny Wilson RESIGNED from Bristol City after we beat them in the play offs. He stuck to his word and said if I dont get promoted I will leave. Which he did.

Which one is man of INTEGRITY?

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Personally Adams should do the decent thing and resign. He quite clearly doesnt have a clue (his team selections have proved this) possibly he is quite well off (im sure Leics and Cov gave him a few quid as pay off) so do the decent thing and resign.

With regards to a new manager well Danny Wilson RESIGNED from Bristol City after we beat them in the play offs. He stuck to his word and said if I dont get promoted I will leave. Which he did.

Please be joking!!!!!!!!

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Have you heard any Adams out shouts at matches? Most people, like me, desperately want him to succeed but worry at the moment that we cannot see where the next win is coming from (especially at home). I am giving Mickey time but there is only so much time you can give and realistically if we have a bad end of October/November something must be done.

OK, if you really don't think that you can see where the next win is coming from (fair enough), and we continue to struggle for results until the end of November, what is it you think should be done?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

*gulp* I think he's being serious :ohmy:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I think on the whole he has been quite lucky so far. I am a big fan of Adams (his first spell in charge was the first real success I had seen) and on the whole I am against changing the manager a lot. His history with the club may have given him a bit more time in many people's eyes and there have not been any calls for him to go yet at matches.

However, some of his tactics have made me despair so far. I thought Hawkins looked good initially but twice he has brought him back from injury too soon (once after Virgo had a great game against Man City). His decision to move Virgs around and now play him on the right wing is not working and I cannot believe he ever thought it would. The worry is with a difficult run coming up we could be in the bottom four next month and if the team is still playing like this, sadly I think there may be no choice.

Really hoping that doesn't happen though and Micky turns us around, starting with tonight.

Could not agree more.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I'm being extremely objectionable because I can't believe that we are 11 games into a season, and people are questioning the managers position - AGAIN.

You would've thought that last season and the whole Wilkins saga would've made people understand that this can be so counter-productive. Scrutiny, yeah I can go along with that, but this isn't scrutiny, this is witch-hunting - AGAIN.

It's a forum, I get that, but why is it this board seems hell-bent on undermining the manager at every opportunity, it beggers belief.

Personally I am not looking to undermine the manager and at this stage the thought of making another change is not one I want to consider.

However if results continue in the current vein we will have an issue around December.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Please be joking!!!!!!!!

No.

I dont want him sacked. I want him to take a GOOD HARD LOOK at what he is doing.

He has the players but he is not picking the right team - I think whether you are Adams in or out most people agree with this - Virgo being the obvious example.

If he CANT see it (and obviously he cant or he would have changed it by now) then he should resign.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
OK, if you really don't think that you can see where the next win is coming from (fair enough), and we continue to struggle for results until the end of November, what is it you think should be done?

Ok, to put your question back to you. How long can we go without winning before you think about sacking Adams?

I am a fan of Adams and I rarely back sacking the manager (if you can be bothered to look back that far you would see I supported McGhee to the end), however Adams is starting to make me wonder. As I said earlier, if we beat Peterborough tonight and Adams turns it round I will be delighted. At the moment, a season where I hoped for a real push for promotion is looking like it might become a relegation battle.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Ok, to put your question back to you. How long can we go without winning before you think about sacking Adams?

I am a fan of Adams and I rarely back sacking the manager (if you can be bothered to look back that far you would see I supported McGhee to the end), however Adams is starting to make me wonder. As I said earlier, if we beat Peterborough tonight and Adams turns it round I will be delighted. At the moment, a season where I hoped for a real push for promotion is looking like it might become a relegation battle.

The reason why I'm being so argumentative is because this debate will not come up at board level until the end of the season, unless we go on a straight defeats run, or unless we are mathematically down. Now that Falmer has been delayed for another year, I don't suppose for one moment he is under pressure to get us up this year either.

I appreciate that doesn't answer the question particularly, but it really is a pointless debate, because Adams position is not going to be under question, no more than Wilkins position was when we finished 18th the year before.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If IF we get a win tonite it will be with Adams playing the RIGHT players in the RIGHT position.

Its not f***ing dufficult, but he is making it so.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
because this debate will not come up at board level until the end of the season, unless we go on a straight defeats run, or unless we are mathematically down. Now that Falmer has been delayed for another year, I don't suppose for one moment he is under pressure to get us up this year either.

I appreciate that doesn't answer the question particularly, but it really is a pointless debate, because Adams position is not going to be under question, no more than Wilkins position was when we finished 18th the year before.

Everything you say is true, but that doesn't mean that people are not fully entitled to air their opinions on his performance.

All debates on here are ultimately 'pointless' anyway.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
League position says it all, we are better than this. Things MUST improve.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
League position says it all, we are better than this.

Isn't that a bit of an oxymoron? League position reflects EXACTLY how good a team are. Remember Nottingham "too good to go down" Forest anyone?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd like the option of would you be an Adams in person if it was someone other than Adams managing us through this dire spell. I guess he deserves more leeway than most but it I'm pretty sure there is plenty of blind faith being shown by quite a few on here based on his performance last time with the BZ inspired team

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm pretty sure there is plenty of blind faith being shown by quite a few on here based on his performance last time with the BZ inspired team

Quite agree. I think 2 wins in 11, and no home win from the start of the season would have many people slagging off many a manager if it wasn't MA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here