Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mickey Adams - where do you stand

You position on Micky Adams' tenure:

• Adams In. Best candidate on our budget and/or we'll be in playoffs this season or next under him.

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Adams In. Obviously I want results but lets give him 18 months or longer before judging him

Votes: 23 23.0%
  • Adams In. Lets judge him at the end of the season.

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Adams In, if it's looking like relegation after the January transfer window, the board should act

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Adams In, but if w're trouble by Christmas I want the board to get rid

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • Adams Out now. I don't like the way he plays football and/or his crap tactics

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Adams Out now. Look at our league position FFS. Don't forget, we were 7th last year

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I am torn between Adams in dependent on Christmas position and at the end of the season. I was really pleased when he came back and want to give him time. However, if we are still playing like this in the build up to Christmas, then it would be tempting to say we need a change, especially if we are in the relegation zone. I certainly wouldn't wait until after the transfer window as a new manager has no chance to change things then so it is either in the build up to Christmas or at the end of the season he should be judged.

Not playing Virgo on the wing would be a start!

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Can we have Coppell back then please.

The reality is if Adams were to go, Chairman Knight would have to look at his position due to the Knight of the Long Knives, but Knight is unlikely to do that, so unless we manage to relegate ourselves, Adams is fairly safe.

Kinght is not going to look at his own position until Falmer is built or he's six-foot under, whichever comes first.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How long ago was that now? Oh, and more recently, didn't he manage one of the biggest clubs in League One, and fail to get them promotion?? That might have even been behind us, but yeah, I'll continue to be a twat about it.

I'm asking the question, because it's f***ing ridiculous that people are even talking about replacing Adams, it's mind-blowing how dumb some of our fans are (that's not directly aimed at you btw).
Oh DO f*** off - YES it WAS aimed directly at me. You asked me for MY suggestion, then belittled it on the basis that Wilson hasn't won promotion from the third division, despite having done so at a higher level. Now you're back tracking because you look like a complete plum.

And all this shit about people wanting Adams replaced, so far 32 people have voted on this poll and getting rid of him now has precisely ONE vote, so once again you're talking out of your arse.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Assuming that happened, I'd probably want Danny Wilson.

I have seen him mentioned a few times but he is at Hartlepool and we have never taken a manager from another team. I would choose Billy Davies if forced as he was harshly treated (at least from an outsider's perspective) at Derby but would he want to come?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Oh DO f*** off - YES it WAS aimed directly at me. You asked me for MY suggestion, then belittled it on the basis that Wilson hasn't won promotion from the third division, despite having done so at a higher level. Now you're back tracking because you look like a complete plum.

And all this shit about people wanting Adams replaced, so far 32 people have voted on this poll and getting rid of him now has precisely ONE vote, so once again you're talking out of your arse.

Adams has won promotion at a higher level, but that's not good enough for you is it? I'm not back tracking on anything, I asked the question because you seem hell bent on believing that Adams isn't going to be good enough, and that he will fail.

And that's only 1 person that doesn't have a sense of perspective thank f***.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Oh yeah, I have no right to believe the manager will turn things round do I?

Wow, you're such a rebel aren't you?

Not in the slightest. I hope he does suceed, I do not want his first spell being tarnished by failure. However at present he is showing little in the way of being able to turn the team around.

He was always going to be scrutinised by some due to the way he replaced the previous manager, not his fault, that was the board's doing.

However you are being extremly objectionable on the subject, rather than discussing what others might have to say, you are going for belittling or dismisiveness and it is just not working.

Still do carry on.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Oh yeah, I have no right to believe the manager will turn things round do I?

Wow, you're such a rebel aren't you?
eh?

You're the one telling people to "change the record" and how "unbelievably dumb" they are.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Not in the slightest. I hope he does suceed, I do not want his first spell being tarnished by failure. However at present he is showing little in the way of being able to turn the team around.

He was always going to be scrutinised by some due to the way he replaced the previous manager, not his fault, that was the board's doing.

However you are being extremly objectionable on the subject, rather than discussing what others might have to say, you are going for belittling or dismisiveness and it is just not working.

Still do carry on.

I think on the whole he has been quite lucky so far. I am a big fan of Adams (his first spell in charge was the first real success I had seen) and on the whole I am against changing the manager a lot. His history with the club may have given him a bit more time in many people's eyes and there have not been any calls for him to go yet at matches.

However, some of his tactics have made me despair so far. I thought Hawkins looked good initially but twice he has brought him back from injury too soon (once after Virgo had a great game against Man City). His decision to move Virgs around and now play him on the right wing is not working and I cannot believe he ever thought it would. The worry is with a difficult run coming up we could be in the bottom four next month and if the team is still playing like this, sadly I think there may be no choice.

Really hoping that doesn't happen though and Micky turns us around, starting with tonight.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

Still do carry on.

I'm being extremely objectionable because I can't believe that we are 11 games into a season, and people are questioning the managers position - AGAIN.

You would've thought that last season and the whole Wilkins saga would've made people understand that this can be so counter-productive. Scrutiny, yeah I can go along with that, but this isn't scrutiny, this is witch-hunting - AGAIN.

It's a forum, I get that, but why is it this board seems hell-bent on undermining the manager at every opportunity, it beggers belief.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry Sim, but NONE of those options reflect my viewpoint. I'd like to tick;

"Adams IN, because sacking another manager would be expensive and counter-productive, but please could he sort out the rubbish tactics / selections / substitutions"
Yeah, mine would be similar:

"Adams IN. Even though I was opposed to his appointment and the way it came about sacking him now would be premature, expensive and make us look even more of a noddy club run by a load of headless chickens."

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I'm being extremely objectionable because I can't believe that we are 11 games into a season, and people are questioning the managers position - AGAIN.
QUOTE]

Me neither, but people will continue to do so unfortunately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here