Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micheal Owen leaving the Grand with Poyet and Bloom (merged madness)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
One of the club representatives did say he had been down a few times lately but I still don't believe any of it.

down where for what? down to Sussex/Brighton for the horses or down to the club offices/training pitch for a session? tad of a difference, and i can just see someone enjoying winding up people by saying something they know would be mis-interpreted.

on that, i could see some one could possibly arrange a few bets to go on someone at the bookies, while sitting on betfair laying that same bet.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm with you on this, he can make more money from his stables than playing for us.

Clearly Owen doesn't need the money, that's not what his next decision is about. He might just fancy something a bit more low key, perhaps a chance to do his coaching badges, what better place to go from being under Ferguson, the most experienced in football, to Gus, one of the most up and coming.

There are a myriad of reasons why or why not he may or may not want to move to one club or another, however he probably knows his next move is for the love of the game not a big pay packet.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
People are laughing about this but I'm pretty sure this rumour isn't as far fetched as some seem to think.

As much as I'd love to believe this his house and whole family are settled in the North West, his horses and racing set up is settled their, he has earnt his money and, if he wanted to drop down a league, he could pick many clubs up that way. He doesn't need or want to ressurect his career, he has nothing to prove and his very wealthy. Can't see it.

Messi on the other hand?

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
In the Telegraph today he talks about staying at Man U and says he has also had offers from Aston Villa and one other prem club. No mention about us so I would think its highly unlikely.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Clearly Owen doesn't need the money, that's not what his next decision is about. He might just fancy something a bit more low key, perhaps a chance to do his coaching badges, what better place to go from being under Ferguson, the most experienced in football, to Gus, one of the most up and coming.

There are a myriad of reasons why or why not he may or may not want to move to one club or another, however he probably knows his next move is for the love of the game not a big pay packet.

Really? Owen has never done anything to suggest he would move anywhere for the love of the game rather than money - let's face it, if he was that bothered about playing football he wouldn't have signed for United as it was obvious he wasn't going to be the first choice there whereas he could have been playing regularly in most other Premiership teams.

Everyone's acting as if Owen is about 36 and on his last legs. Obviously he is very injury prone and that will affect his pay packet but there's still lots of clubs in the Premiership who will offer him far more money than we ever could, and where he will prove that he us still a decent player in the top division (

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Really? Owen has never done anything to suggest he would move anywhere for the love of the game rather than money - let's face it, if he was that bothered about playing football he wouldn't have signed for United as it was obvious he wasn't going to be the first choice there whereas he could have been playing regularly in most other Premiership teams.

Everyone's acting as if Owen is about 36 and on his last legs. Obviously he is very injury prone and that will affect his pay packet but there's still lots of clubs in the Premiership who will offer him far more money than we ever could, and where he will prove that he us still a decent player in the top division (

In his own mind he probably thought he could be first choice at United alongside Rooney, might have been obvious to you, but probably not to him. In his first season he played a part in over half the games and scored a few important goals, scored a hattrick in the CL and started the League Cup final....only to get injured...his biggest career problem.

He'll probably feel unlucky Hernandez has done so well as this season given Ferg farmed out Wellbeck, Owen may well have made a lot more appearances as the back up striker. He's not 32 until December.

We'll see, I think in 2009 upon leaving Newcastle he had the Bolton's, Stoke's etc. sniffing around, so when MU came knocking and a chance to win a few more medals and play in that side - you can hardly knock him for that.

When I say his next move is for the love of the game, it's not going to be a big money move if he does join someone, he'll be taking a pay cut, and he'll be doing it because he must want to keep on playing.

I do agree that there must be plenty of Premiership clubs ahead of Brighton and the Championship that fancy taking on his services.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Now this is second hand information but apparently Owen has some personal contact with Bloom via a betting consultancy business but we've not declared any interest. My take is while it's possible we are tracking him it's highly unlikely to come to anything for reasons to numerous to mention.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
As much as I'd love to believe this his house and whole family are settled in the North West, his horses and racing set up is settled their, he has earnt his money and, if he wanted to drop down a league, he could pick many clubs up that way. He doesn't need or want to ressurect his career, he has nothing to prove and his very wealthy. Can't see it.

Messi on the other hand?

Apparently he also has a place in Cobham with stables, currently under construction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here