Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Owen....

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Owen is on a basic wage of £30,000 a week at Man Utd, with many add ons for appearances, goals, etc.

Sure, I can see him possibly taking a cut and stepping down a level for one last season, but it would have to be one hell of a cut for him to come here.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why is everybody so obsessed with his wages, who is to say he wouldn't play for a championship club in the twilight of his career for basic championship wages, its not like he needs it.

I don't believe for a moment he will come to us though

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Owen is on a basic wage of £30,000 a week at Man Utd, with many add ons for appearances, goals, etc.

Sure, I can see him possibly taking a cut and stepping down a level for one last season, but it would have to be one hell of a cut for him to come here.

All joking aside-how does Mr Bloom expect to be in the Premiership at some not too distant point

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

I thought he was on a pay as you play contract

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
but his first name's not David................................................................... end of rumour :wrong:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Hmm, that article is just someone's blog.

I have a few county supporting mates and this is not an isolated rumour up here.......... though who the hell knows except Owen himself.

My gut instinct is we have far more chance with Kevin Phillips than Michael Owen..... Liverpool, Real Madrid, Newcastle, Man United, Brighton?? I think its all bollox and just wishfull thinking, but skybet is intriguing at least.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I have got a funny feeling this is a live one.... I guess all will be revealed soon.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
FFS, the odds come down as more people place bets, therefore because a bunch of over-optimistic mugs have been lumping on it over the NSC rumours, the bookies are dropping their odds just to make sure they don't get done over.

It means nothing.

Indeed, only takes pennies to change a market like this as well.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
I have it on good authority that Michael has his heart set on buying a house in Plumptom, that will be near to the new Albion training ground with state of the art physio and rehab facilities. He has promissed to play at leats three games for us in The Championship next season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dont believe that Gus will go after an old over the hill named player BUT in 1965 we signed a centre forward (striker for the young uns) from Spurs who 4 months earlier played for England at Wembley..........Bobby Smith so anything is possible. Granted players with their earnings in the Prem now dont go down the leagues so much now as they used to in those days.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
MO to BHA2.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here