Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Owen....

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Bleedin' heck thats quick! i only just screen grabbed that!!!

Just spoken to Mr Celebration the Elder and he said that Bloom and Owen are friends (his source? God knows) and the rumours have been circulating for ages.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
lol, its not even june yet, this is gong to be one hell of a long summer

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Who said Gus wants to afford Murray? I assume he has been offered what Gus values him at, unproven in the Championship.

Very much this, Murray is unproven at champonship level, this must come into account when putting a value on his wage. Im not convinced Gus is over bothered about Murray to be honest. That does not mean bigger wages would not be avalible if the right players come along. At the end of the day, its like anything. You get what you pay for in life, well you hope you do.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
5/2 now :lol:

Edit: I should really read earlier posts!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Didn't they stop taking bets on Paul Ince being our new manager because of rumours on here?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
This is totally true, Michael put up a 2 year contract in a game of Texas Holdem and Tony won. :lolol:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Who said Gus wants to afford Murray? I assume he has been offered what Gus values him at, unproven in the Championship.

This! How can anyone compare the two deals? IF we were to get Owen to join us, I am sure the shirt sales with "Owen" on the back (pity it is only four letters!) would probably make major inroads into any reasonable amount he was paid.

Let me see...????????

How much is a striker who has never played above the third tier of English football worth when compared with an (agreed fading) international superstar and national hero? One that can still make the bench for our Premiership champions with all their resources. I for one would love to see him join us. It would be a real statement of the Club's intent.

Sadly, whilst I would love it to be true, I just cannot see it happening.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
On footballs rich list Owen is second only to Beckham. Owen estimated to be worth 40 mill, so there is a small chance he just wants to play, rather than get another pay day.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
as much as I would LOVE to see this happen, I really cant, he'll be snapped up by a Premier mid table team, blackburn probably.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Slipped to 2/1! :lol:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
On footballs rich list Owen is second only to Beckham. Owen estimated to be worth 40 mill, so there is a small chance he just wants to play, rather than get another pay day.

This is a very good point. How much money is enough, there must be players who just want a challenge and play football. They cant all be money grabbing fat cats.....Think of someone like Peter Beardsley, sure he ended up playing way down the divisions just to play football.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Slipped to 2/1! :lol:

2 to f***ing 1 OMG. Some seriously stupid people are donating to the skybet profit margin! this is crazy but there is something about silly transfer season that has me loving it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here