Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Owen....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He won't be coming here as the race courses will not be up to scratch.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How on earth do they come up with these odds?

its guess work largely to start, then the "book" is balanced in order to cover the potential losses. with small premitted bets (it so open to abuse from insider), it only takes a few punters to shift the odds.

i cynically also think they sometimes post ridiculous odds to attract people - how many people have seen the odds and felt like a punt? 8/1 to Villa to link up with Heskey looks interesting, eh?

but please, multi-millionaire northerner Owen is not about to slum it down south in the Chamionship.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I do agree with you and don't think it will happen,because I don't think Poyet is the type of manager who says look at me I signed Owen. I would say that Bellamy did a superb job for Cardiff as a loanee and I think maybe if we had invested in a couple of loanees in March we might not have lost our momentum at the end (Danny Ward did a terrific job for huddersfield as did Afobe ) but to back your argument up both Sheffield clubs crashed and burned due to their over reliance on loan players
Its no more than a sticking plaster and no basis for the future.

That Robbie Savage period for the Albion was beneath contempt. C unt jogged around for amonth and added f*** all to anything beyond a payment on the gold taps on his sunken jacuzzi.

We should not even be discussing contributing towards these peoples obscene lifestyles.

Spend a fraction of the money on giving Ashley Barnes whatever he wants :thumbsup:

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
He won't be coming here as the race courses will not be up to scratch.

Three of the best flat courses (Goodwood, Ascot and Sandown) are little more than an hour away - if anything, I think that'd be more of an enticement to bring him here.

But you're right, there's not a chance that Owen will be joining us, not when he could still easily spearhead the attack of any club outside of the current Premier League top five.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Now 4/1 favourites.

Own up, who's been lumping on?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
FFS, the odds come down as more people place bets, therefore because a bunch of over-optimistic mugs have been lumping on it over the NSC rumours, the bookies are dropping their odds just to make sure they don't get done over.

It means nothing.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Three of the best flat courses (Goodwood, Ascot and Sandown) are little more than an hour away - if anything, I think that'd be more of an enticement to bring him here.

But you're right, there's not a chance that Owen will be joining us, not when he could still easily spearhead the attack of any club outside of the current Premier League top five.

His yard is in Cheshire, not sure how hands on he is though.

Last edited:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
For the sake of posterity:

Owen_odds.jpg

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
You buy old lag c unts like these, both of the following will occur:

a) you bust the wage structure and piss orf every single player who represents the future of the club
b) you gain a has-been who considers it all beneath him and whose pay won't even service his gambling debt and/or super-injunctions

Just say no, kidz :nono:

This.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
As I understand it we want Murray to sign, but he feels we aren't offering enough, despite offering him as much as our wage structure allows. So anyone taking this seriously is suggesting Michael Owen wants less money than Glenn Murray. Hmmmmm...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
more chance of aids shagging j-lo and britney in a threesome than owen coming here

This

As I understand it we want Murray to sign, but he feels we aren't offering enough, despite offering him as much as our wage structure allows. So anyone taking this seriously is suggesting Michael Owen wants less money than Glenn Murray. Hmmmmm...

... and this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here