Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Met on a train

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Chris Ewbanks was on a late night train home about a year ago:

He said "Is this the first class" and me having had one too many said "I bet that was hard to say" :lolol:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I saw HRH Dick Knight on a Brighton bound train as I walked past the 1st class carriages. Not much, but it's something !

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Scoffers said:
I saw HRH Dick Knight on a Brighton bound train as I walked past the 1st class carriages. Not much, but it's something !

I sat and chatted with him on the train to Sunderland :p

On another occasion pissed travelling back late I woke up to a Simon Fanshawe staring at me :ohmy:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I was on the way back to Seaford after a game about four years ago, when I overheard a chap saying to his lady companion how much he had enjoyed the game, and that Brighton had really played well. It was Norman Baker.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I met the Liverpool squad when they were travelling down to play Brighton.

My Dad was a driver and found out that they were travelling down on the Friday night before the game so we when to Haywads Heath and travelled down to Brighton with them all and got all their autographs. It was the era of Dalglish, Hansen, Paisley etc

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I met Denis Waterman in a pub (sorry I never go on trains!!) in Brighton several years ago and even though I liked him as an actor, I thought I would play it cool so blanked him when he smiled at me.:cool: :D

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Travelled back fro Darlington with the players after 'boro away at Ayresome Park a while back.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It an old post on here but my brother met Sven at Euston Station before the Wrexham game.

He posted the photo as well.

Sven wished us well for the new stadium.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Flew from Gatwick to Newquay on Saturday night. Some of the Eastenders cast were on board. I understand that they were on their way to a charity do for a football youth team whose club-house and changing rooms had burnt down.

On the flight were Barbara Windsor (Peggy Mitchell), James Alexandrou (Martin Fowler), Kim Medcalf (Sam Mitchell) + real life husband, and Cliff Parisi (Minty Peterson). Two passengers successfully sought autographs and one of them was speaking to the celebrities for almost half an hour. A crew member also took photographs.

At Newquay airport to greet them was Steve McFadden (Phil Mitchell).

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
kevim mcgarrigle on his way back to newcastle to watch the geordies beat manure 5 0 after we had lost a basement battle 3 0 at doncaster.
lou macari on a stoke to london train when he was in charge at stoke

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I have 2, sort of.

After we lost to Stoke at home a few years ago I boarded a train to find Mark Williams (Fast Show) sitting opposite me. He was wearing a retro Albion top with an Albion pin badge on his denim jacket and had just finnished a conversation on the phone about his latest TV/film project.

I recognised him but instead of giving it the: "I know you, you are famous...Suits you sir" sort of crap I thought I would engage him in proper conversation. I enquired if he was at the Stoke game the night before and he just grunted back at me...Miserable git. I then just mumbled back: "You didn't miss much" and left it at that.

The next was not long after the legendary Hereford match in 1997. My mate was at uni in Southampton and had tickets for a Charlatans gig in Portsmouth so I went and stayed with him for a few days so we could all goto the gig together.

We were on the train waiting for it to leave but it was being delayed as more & more people kept rushing onto the platform to board the train. My mate is a Watford fan but as he grew up in Worthing he knows all about the Albion so both of us at the same time spotted Mark Omerod belting down the platform. He was also going to see the Charlatans. During the gig my mate had to help him off the floor when it all got hectic down the front.

After the show I saw him outside and I went up to him stating I was an Albion fan and how great it was that we stayed up. His reply was something like: "Yeah...Staying up, man...cool...staying up...wicked...yeah...great day...Charlatans...wicked" I do not really think we were on the same planet at that moment in time.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
I met Rod Stewart at Euston after the playoff defeat to Notts County

Also that cracking bird from one of the pop idol wotsits coming back from Tranmere Sarah something???

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Yep. Travelled with Dick Knight up to Sunderland. Top bloke whom likes to talk. Also remember Harold MM. getting off at H Heath. Have met a lot of famous people over the years. Even met Beachut once.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Not on a train in the normal sense of the words but at the railway I work for we do a fair bit of filming, so I've met people varying from local radio and tv news presenters to the likes of Anneka Rice (Challenge Anneka), Catherine Zeta Jones, David Jason and Co (Darling Buds of May), John Noaks, Valerie Singleton, Marti Caine, Piers Brosnan (and whoever else was in Around the World in 80 Days), Jimmy Saville, Suzy Perry (very tasty) to name but a few.

By far the best of the lot was Roy Castle with whom we had a nice long chat over a cup of tea. He was one of the few celebs that was really down to earth and a pleasure to work with. Nice bloke, I felt quite sad when he died.

Not many were really awful but two of the females mentioned above were right old bags, I'd best not say who!

D

Deleted User X18H

Arthur Bostrum the very gay English (mis pronoucation) Policeman in 'Hello Hello' ...........Officer Crabtree I said 'Hello Hello' as i got in the carridge he awoke startled a smiled .............and embarrsingly Ray Brooks I kept on and on about Big Deal then Cathy Come Home ..........then when the guard came along I said'as if by magic the Guard appeared' to which Ray replied 'oh not Mr f***ing Benn will you shut up'..................Brighton legend that he is.

D

Deleted User X18H

Oh I forgot Trinny and Susanah on the train to Newcastle for the Sunderland game in October worth going business class for, got them to sign my ticket for the Mrs. Although one of them kept going to the loo for ages ...............defo Bullemic.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Was asleep on a train up to Gatwick last year and woke up to find the McCUNTneys sitting opposite and all over one another, I promptly returned to my nap.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
MET ON TRAIN

policeman%20on%20train.jpg

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
These kids and that jolly looking porter once waved at a train I was on ... haven't a clue who they were

all3%20with%20perks.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here