Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Message to all SMOKERS moaning about the new laws

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Safeway said:
Did you know that 100% of all non-smokers die.

not much differance between smoking and not then is there. apart from the cost of the damn things. so the obvious advantage to non smokers is the amount of tax we pay for them. and they still have the audacity to moan about us. :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Safeway said:

I thought that was due to Mark McGhee though.

So long as Yorkie and Ned keep supplying my with E before kick off and at half time (10% discount for STH's by the way...and for gingers), I always have a happy smiling face for the full 90 minutes, regardless of whether people are smoking around me.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
graz126 said:
not much differance between smoking and not then is there. apart from the cost of the damn things. so the obvious advantage to non smokers is the amount of tax we pay for them. and they still have the audacity to moan about us. :lolol:

But smokers DO cost the economy money.

Studies have been done, and show that the increased cost to the Health Service, invaildity benefit costs, days lost from work, and reduction in productivity from fag breaks more than offsets the revenue raised from taxes on cigarettes, and the savings to the exchequer from paying pensions for a shorter period of time to smokers.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Safeway said:

Another wonderful fact from the Teflon boy

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Beach Hut said:
Another wonderful fact from the Teflon boy

He does have a wonderfully smooth bottom doesn't he, but I thought it was only me and Liz Costa that have felt it.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
El Presidente said:
But smokers DO cost the economy money.

Studies have been done, and show that the increased cost to the Health Service, invaildity benefit costs, days lost from work, and reduction in productivity from fag breaks more than offsets the revenue raised from taxes on cigarettes, and the savings to the exchequer from paying pensions for a shorter period of time to smokers.

facts and figures can be twisted to suit anybodys needs. such as the anti smoking brigade will say this. but is the cost on the health service really that much more, as everybody has to die and they could easily get other health problems if they didnt smoke. likely to be more active for a start then break their legs skiing or playing football. if everybody was a fittness freak instead of a smoker then the streets would be full of joggers . a higher percentage of these people would get run over as they jog with their mp3 players on.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I don't care about the effects on the economy, and I don't care about the cancer risks, I just want to breathe fresh air.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Barrel of Fun said:
You would be hard pushed to find a selection of pubs in Brighton that is smoke free. Why should you not have a choice of venue, because smokers smoke the pub out?

This law is good and it is a shame that the Govt. don't have the balls to push it forward sooner.

How can it be good, its plain & simply an infringment of human rights. I'dont think Ive met you so I wouldnt know, but lets just say that you like to swear or tell rude jokes and talk about all the birds youve shagged when you're having a beer - something most of us I imagine. Lets say that they banned all those things in a pub - I imagine you'd be incredibly pissed off. It's exactly the same, I dont buy into this passive smoking bollocks - not socially anyway, perhaps if you lived with someone for 40 years it might have an effect but not just socially.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
looney said:
Couldn't give a shit. I'll do as I please, f*** you.:)

My hero, you're so hard. ;)

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
dougdeep said:
I don't care about the effects on the economy, and I don't care about the cancer risks, I just want to breathe fresh air.

Why are you indoors on your computer...? Get out in the garden if you like fresh air so much...!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
cjd said:
Why are you indoors on your computer...? Get out in the garden if you like fresh air so much...!

The window is open! :lolol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Best news I've heard in a while.

I used to smoke heavily and sometimes used witness the discomfort of those around me, but they never complained to be honest.

.. but now I realise why, it used to be seen as a but odd to complain about others smoking, almost a bit selfish.

To be honest, someone smoking next to me in a pub - well I couldn't care less. It actually doesn't bother me really - but I witnessed how it CAN bother people.

Makes me laugh about people talking about there "Human Rights", because the "silent majority" have spoken out. Evidently it's very popular legislation, every poll shows so, even the polls on here whenever they have been posted.

Smoking at football grounds banned, thank god.

Last edited:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
graz126 said:
he died of lung cancer yes. where is the proof it was passive smoking that was the cause of this? did he grow up in a industrial town. or next to a main road.

No, he grew up working nights in smoke-filled clubs, and after he died the Doctors directly attributed his Cancer to this fact. ???

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Perfectly legal pass time.
If you don't want smoke in your face.
f*** off to another seat.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
TonyW said:
Perfectly legal pass time.
If you don't want smoke in your face.
f*** off to another seat.

Unfortunately you are smoking in the last chance saloon.

Enjoy your fags in the seats whilst you can.

:wave:

Yoda

English & European
graz126 said:
not ALL the experts agree with that either. a doctor in america has been campaigning to stop all this scare monger tactics set up by anti smoking groups. and found very suprising results. something like 10 out of a thousand people he surveyed in america thought passive smoke was not too much of a health risk. the same survey in england was put to 100 people, something like 90% said passive smoke can be a health risk.
looks like the anti smoking campaign in england is going really well.
i personally think there is a health risk from passive smoke but not as bad as people make out. at no point have i actually said there isnt a slight risk.

Complete bollocks!!!

Nemesis said:

* Smoking near children is a cause of serious respiratory illnesses such as bronchitis and pneumonia.
* Secondhand smoke increases the risk of getting asthma and causes asthma attacks. And younger children are much more likely to contract a serious respiratory infection that requires hospitalisation.

My dad USED to smoke when I was young and I had respiratory problems (Asthma related illness, really REALLY bad croup, etc).

It's doesn't take a brain surgen to work out why it started to clear up and get better not long after he stopped. :shootself

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's a known fact that non-smokers may be healthier, but constitute a significant proportion of the nation's train spotters. When the pub smoking ban comes in all the boring farts will be inside in a smoke, and atmosphere-free environment, whilst anyone worth talking to will be outside under the tarpaulin dragging on the old oily rags.

:clap2: :jester: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here