Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Message to all SMOKERS moaning about the new laws

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Juan Albion said:
n052305a.jpg

RIP Heather Crowe. Killed by people just like you.
#

cheers for calling me a murderer. as i said earlier i dont smoke in front of no smokers and certainly dont blow it in their faces.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
chez said:
Dont go to places that smokers frequent then. I think there should be places that dont allow smoking but to banit totally I think is wrong.

So dont got to pubs or clubs ever? Dont think thats such a great suggestion. I think its going a bit far to ban it out doors though.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Like i've said before, if the government are so keen to stamp out smoking and it's causing such an expence on the NHS in treating smoking related illnesses, then why dont they just ban the import, sale and use af all tobacco products in this country? They wont because of lost revenue to the treasury but they like to be seen doing something because it's a vote winner.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
think of all the miners that have died through lung diseases etc trying to mine coal etc to produce electricity for people like ALL OF US. we can all find somebody to blame for any disease or death but we all make life choices and live with the consequences.

Sep 20, 2005
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
[ f*** OFF AND SMOKE YOURSELF TO DEATH ON YOUR OWN. DON'T SMOKE ANYWHERE NEAR ME.
Do you feel the same about car-drivers? They (i.e. all of us) are responsible for thousands of times more filthy, poisonous, cancer-causing muck than a whole army of chain-smokers.
You're right, smoking is disgusting, but if I was locked in a sealed room with a chainsmoker for fifteen minutes, I would probably feel a bit sick, possibly have a headache and my clothes would smell awful, but I'd be alright really.
If I had to spend fifteen minutes in a sealed room with a car whose engine was running, I'd be dead.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Re: Re: Message to all SMOKERS moaning about the new laws

1959 said:
Do you feel the same about car-drivers? They (i.e. all of us) are responsible for thousands of times more filthy, poisonous, cancer-causing muck than a whole army of chain-smokers.

Cars have a purpose, smoking doesn't

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Re: Re: Re: Message to all SMOKERS moaning about the new laws

Robbie G said:
Cars have a purpose, smoking doesn't

smoking has a purpose. TAX for the goverment.

Oct 25, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Message to all SMOKERS moaning about the new laws

fosters headband said:
And alcohol ?

when i have a PINT am i DIRECTLY affecting another person? no

oh, and for the record i don't smoke OR drive

i'm WELL good for the planet:)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
if everyone smoked cannabis then it would be fine

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Re: Message to all SMOKERS moaning about the new laws

graz126 said:
smoking has a purpose. TAX for the goverment.

The point i was making is that no smoker is deliberately smoking to help the government, and thus their "fumes" serve no direct purpose. Cars are useful and so their fumes are at least being released as a result of something constructive (though the extent of "constructive" is dependant upon whether the car trip is actually necessary)

Moderate alcohol intake is beneficial to the body.

I am looking forward to smoke-free pubs, but that is purely because i hate going home stinking of fags, and having to breathe in other people's smoke

If you could realistically seperate smoking and non-smoking in a pub, then that would be the best option, but most pubs simply cannot do it

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
One thing that worries me about smoking being outlawed, is the countries that rely on tobacco as their main export. Malawi is the 8th poorest country in the world and something like 40% of the work force are involved in tobacco... 60% of their exports is tobacco.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
graz126 said:
#

cheers for calling me a murderer. as i said earlier i dont smoke in front of no smokers and certainly dont blow it in their faces.

No probs.

She was a waitress in a restaurant. Never smoked in her life. But people smoked in the restaurant where she worked. I don't suppose anyone blew smoke in her face but she still got lung cancer and died from it.

So don't go telling me it isn't fatal.

Oct 25, 2003
a warning to people though

don't think the pubs are going to smell nice from now on

some ireland pubs smell of a nice little cocktail of: fart, b.o and vomit

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Message to all SMOKERS moaning about the new laws

turienzo's lovechild said:

BOLLOCKS. A direct analogy can be drawn between smoking and drinking. Some people smoke all their lives and live to a ripe old age without causing cancer in passive smokers, some drinkers drink all the time and are genial chaps.

However, some smokers die yound, some cause others to die young (passive smoking).

Alcoholism kills hundreds of thousands annually. The affects on the immediate family, friends, work colleagues can be terrible and last a lifetime. Some drinkers become complete WANKERS after a few cans of wife-beater (funny - you don't hear cigarettes being called that). They can harm innocent people, damage property cause untold problems and murder others.

I don't smoke so have no axe to grind but please please please don't tell me that drinking affects no-one but the drinker.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Message to all SMOKERS moaning about the new laws

You may well not affect other people, but many have been killed or injured by drunks.
And the drunks are fast becomming a drain on the NHS.
The violence also around towns from binge drinking is a real problem and ask a nurse who has been attacked by a drunk while doing her job how she feels about it?

Oct 25, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Message to all SMOKERS moaning about the new laws

Buzzer said:
BOLLOCKS. A direct analogy can be drawn between smoking and drinking. Some people smoke all their lives and live to a ripe old age without causing cancer in passive smokers, some drinkers drink all the time and are genial chaps.

However, some smokers die yound, some cause others to die young (passive smoking).

Alcoholism kills hundreds of thousands annually. The affects on the immediate family, friends, work colleagues can be terrible and last a lifetime. Some drinkers become complete WANKERS after a few cans of wife-beater (funny - you don't hear cigarettes being called that). They can harm innocent people, damage property cause untold problems and murder others.

I don't smoke so have no axe to grind but please please please don't tell me that drinking affects no-one but the drinker.

ok, would you rather sit next to someone having a pint or someone having a fag?

obviously alcohol has problems, where did i say it didn't?!

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Juan Albion said:
No probs.

She was a waitress in a restaurant. Never smoked in her life. But people smoked in the restaurant where she worked. I don't suppose anyone blew smoke in her face but she still got lung cancer and died from it.

So don't go telling me it isn't fatal.

and the same as roy castle earlier, a number of things can cause lung cancer. i know smoking can be one of the main causes but it may not be the main cause in all cases. you cannot go around accusing people of being murderers just because they smoke.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Message to all SMOKERS moaning about the new laws

ok, would you rather sit next to someone having a pint or someone having a fag?

obviously alcohol has problems, where did i say it didn't?!

Would you rather sit next to a smoker who chooses not to smoke when a non-smoker sits next to them or a West Street Warrior after 8 Stellas?

We can play this game all day.

I was simply pointing out that smoking and drinking are analogous. Banning drinking has a far more compelling argument than banning smoking.

Drinkers are on very dodgy ground if they try and sermonise to smokers about the damage tobacco does to others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here