Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Men and their feelings

Ben Dover

Jan 19, 2006
I dunno anymore. one of my girl mates was like the perfect girlfriend to her boyfriend, never pressured him, gave him good sex (or so she said!) and liked having a laid back relationship.(wish i could find a girl like that!) and he broke up with her! I think we dont realise what we'v got when its there and are too busy moaning about other, less important things!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Re: Re: Re: Men and their feelings

looney said:
modern man ends up loosing his bird to real man. What women say and what they do are 2 different things.

Its a no brainer unless your a Gaurdian reading(and beleiving) sap like enigma.

YAWN !!

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Re: Re: Re: Men and their feelings

looney said:
modern man ends up loosing his bird to real man. What women say and what they do are 2 different things.

Its a no brainer unless your a Gaurdian reading(and beleiving) sap like enigma.

looney's guide to women.

i've seen everything now!

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
I used to be reserved over my feelings towards women because usually you tell em something, you split up and they got some wierd hold over you.

But recently I thought wtf, if I put myself out to tell a woman how I feel about her and she doesn't respond to the way she should she aint worth diddly squat.

I'm not afraid to see I'm an emotional person as someone on here knows.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I find it difficult to show my feelings.

I can't say "I love you" to my parents or sister. Stupid I know, but I feel proud. I didn't have a bad upbringing , which could have explained it.

I didn't tell this girl I liked her, and I fell in love with her. She is now marrying a friend of mine :down:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
In all honesty, if you do just give the truthful answer most of the time to the classic "what are you thinking about" then the fact that we as men generally spend our time thinking about such utter dull drivel, results in the question not being asked much.

I can sit there looking deep in thought ....
"What are you thinking about?"
"I was just wondering about the shape of the remote control."

or,
"Whether I prefer fat chips or skinny fries."

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gritt23 said:
I can sit there looking deep in thought ....
"What are you thinking about?"
"I was just wondering about the shape of the remote control."
YOU think about that too ? And I thought it was just me.
I've been unhappy about the shape of my Surround Sound remote control for some time now. Its credit card sized, and feels rather inadequate. I don't like the buttons much either. It got to the point where, two weeks ago, I emailed the company (Acoustic solutions), to ask whether there was an alternate remote control that'd work with this particular system. All I got was a rather terse reply saying I could order a replacement remote for £9.99. I don't WANT a replacement - I want a shiney new one, bigger and better, with nobbly rubber buttons. And perhaps a little red light that comes on when I press them.

I was going to mention all this to the wife, but I don't think she'd have been very receptive - but I've spent HOURS quietly contemplating that remote, and wondering what to do about it. You're the first person I've shared this with.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
BarrelofFun said:
I find it difficult to show my feelings.

I can't say "I love you" to my parents or sister. Stupid I know, but I feel proud. I didn't have a bad upbringing , which could have explained it.

I didn't tell this girl I liked her, and I fell in love with her. She is now marrying a friend of mine :down:

I never tell my parents or my sisters I love them. Never give them hugs and stuff either. I'm not very emotional either.

[/i]Hey Barrel you've got to do these things or you'll regret it. And regret is a lot worse an emotion than the mild embarrasement caused by telling someone what you're feeling.[/QUOTE]

Not so sure about this either, tend to find it back fires.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Franks Wild Years said:
Hey Barrel you've got to do these things or you'll regret it. And regret is a lot worse an emotion than the mild embarrasement caused by telling someone what you're feeling.

I guess you are right. I must put myself on the line instead of hide behind the fear of rejection.

Bravo FWYs. :clap:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
All women need to have it confirmed on a fairly regular basis how much you love them.

A good tip I've learned over the years is when it's Christmas, birthday or some other anniversary don't get her a silly card about getting pissed or getting old etc, get her a card with a long, sugary poem about how much they mean to you.

Once they've read it a tear will form in the corner of their eye, they'll say "Do you really mean that?" and then you nod and try to look serious, usually followed by an "Awww!" and a hug.

Much better than having actually say something yourself, and maybe feeling guilty for not meaning it.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I love the way no one on here has got the balls to admit they have said stupid things to birds before. Nearly all of us have done it you bunch of wet farts.:angry:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Tell them how much you love them today, tomorrow may be too late.

" Uncle Spielberg 20/1/06 "

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Les Biehn said:
I love the way no one on here has got the balls to admit they have said stupid things to blokes before. Nearly all of us have done it you bunch of wet farts.:angry:

Is that more applicable to you Grendel?;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here