Dec 6, 2004
Stumpy said:
Drop Mayo!

Kuipers
El-Abd Butters McShane Reid
Carole Oatway Hammond Frutos
CKR Hart

WHY!!!?!

Reid looked much improved back at right back, Mayo was better than Reid has been at left back despite his passing.

------Kuipers-------
Reid--McShane--Butters--Mayo
Carole--Oatway--Chippy*--Frutos
---------Knight---CKR--------

*if he's fit.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
London Irish said:
Hammond's doing OK - he was our best player in that decent first half display against Reading.

1) We were pretty poor first half vs Reading, the players couldn't cope with the confusing tactics and silly shape.

2) Hammond was fairly average IMHO

dwayne said:
1) We were pretty poor first half vs Reading, the players couldn't cope with the confusing tactics and silly shape.

2) Hammond was fairly average IMHO

Errr... the tactics worked perfectly. Reading barely had a shot until a crass defensive error by Frutos gifted Reading the lead. No tactics/strategy can cope with a player letting a dangerous winger like Little go, in about a foot of space.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
love ie when we have dillemas like this!!! shows we have got some depth.

If mcshane isd match fit we play him... simple as. if playing non-attacking full backs then el abd on right and mayo on left... will give reid a two game rest if nothing else.

Silent Bob said:
WHY!!!?!

Reid looked much improved back at right back, Mayo was better than Reid has been at left back despite his passing.

------Kuipers-------

*if he's fit.

It's very tricky this Reid v El Abd situation, but at last McGhee has some good choices to make rather than bad ones.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Silent Bob said:
WHY!!!?!

------Kuipers-------

*if he's fit.

Reid is not a full back, worse Albion player on the pitch on Friday.

Cadman

Jul 7, 2003
Why is no-one considering dropping Butters.?

As great as he has been, I think his time is coming to an end.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Cadman said:
Why is no-one considering dropping Butters.?

As great as he has been, I think his time is coming to an end.
Because he's the only one with any height.

dunno said:
What about Reid in Centre Midfield???

I think that (if fit enough) McShane has to start. El Abd cannot be dropped after his performances so to my mind its Hammond that should make way with Reid moving into midfield and El Abd slotting in at right back.

. Kuipers
El Abd McShane Butters Mayo

Carole Reid Oatway Frutos

CKR McCammon

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
But playing well at centre back doesn't mean you should have the place at right back. With Mayo and El-Abd at full back Frutos and Carole would be starved of service.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
dunno said:
He didn't cost West Ham nothing he was valued at £750,000 when Defoe went the other way

Wrong West Ham tore up his contract so that he was FREE to go to any club, granted they opnly did it after he had agreed terms with West Ham. He could have said No I dont want to go to West Ham after all I will go back to Brighton and Spurs could have done nothing as he was not under contract.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
BensGrandad said:
Wrong West Ham tore up his contract so that he was FREE to go to any club, granted they opnly did it after he had agreed terms with West Ham. He could have said No I dont want to go to West Ham after all I will go back to Brighton and Spurs could have done nothing as he was not under contract.

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Premiership rules do not allow a player to be transferred from one premiership club to another during the season. To get over this rule West Ham had to tear up the contract so effectively making him out of contract. For the seconds between Spurs tearing up his contract and him signing for West Ham as an out of contract player he could have changed his mind and not signed for West Ham.

Also Spurs didnt have to pay us any money as part of the sell on clause as he went for nothing.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
BensGrandad said:
Premiership rules do not allow a player to be transferred from one premiership club to another during the season. To get over this rule West Ham had to tear up the contract so effectively making him out of contract. For the seconds between Spurs tearing up his contract and him signing for West Ham as an out of contract player he could have changed his mind and not signed for West Ham.

Also Spurs didnt have to pay us any money as part of the sell on clause as he went for nothing.

West Ham weren't a premiership club when BZ joined them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
I do think this sends the wrong message.

Who is the better player, El Abd or Mcshane?

Mcshane by a country mile and we are hoping to sign him for the season........if we dont play him, what is the incentice for Furgussen to loan him out to us?

Quite. Apart from anything else, McShane has scored some killer goals for us. Adam El-Abd is a fine young player and hopefully McGhee will sit him down and tell him he's the natural successor to Butters - which IMHO he is. His day will come. But it would be a shocking waste of available resources to leave McShane out of the side.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here