Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McNulty in intensive care

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
They were actually contimplating removing the kidney for a while. Tim the club doctor was with him for some of the night! Forget our problems, get him sorted and hopefully back for next season wherever we end up!!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Bloody hell, I knew he looked in bad shape but I never thought it was this bad.

Where was the stretcher? They made him HOBBLE off the pitch! What a joke! :censored:

Get well soon Jimmy.

Ruptured kidneys don't bruise until very very late, so it's difficult to diagnose 10 minutes after it's happened. I believe they need a ct / angiogram.

Feb 21, 2009
Feel so sorry for the lad, All the best Jimmy!

Just wish you a speedy recovery, in your few appearances already this season u have been the bright spark of the season so far! Deffo a prem star in the making!

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
From what I saw (it happened almost in front of us) there was not much contact. He seemed to twist to one side as he went down and I seem to remember him falling on to the crewe blokes boot/foot around the lower midriff area.

It didn't seem much at the time except I remember thinking that the boot going into his side must have hurt a bit.

I can't say I thought any of it was intentional and I thought he must have hurt himself twisting as he went down:(

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
jesus, I've heard of some injuries in my time that made me wince but a ruptured kidney tops them all.....best of wishes to jim, take your time mate.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's 3 beds along from my father who also went in on Saturday. I spoke to James and his father earlier today. Both very nice people.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
From another forum...

Not nice that. Got this email off his dad earlier, he doesn't mind sharing it cos it includes a message from Jimmy, so here ya go.

"Got accidentally kicked in the back, took him off and he was pissing blood! Out of intensive care now, but was drifting in and out of consciousness. Blood pressure dropped right down, internal bleeding and is very ill. One of his kidney's may have to be removed and there's still a big chance he won't play again. Their lad who kicked him has been down to see him and there's no hard feeling obviously, also Micky Adams has dropped in and Dick Knight has been in.
Jimmy is grateful for all the messages of support from the fans of both County and Albion, and he hopes he will be back on to the pitch soon."

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Mornin' all just turned no to see this post, hope he makes a good recovery and can lead a normal life.
Can things get any worse this season!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Originally Posted by OffertonHatter
Not nice that. Got this email off his dad earlier, he doesn't mind sharing it cos it includes a message from Jimmy, so here ya go.

"Got accidentally kicked in the back, took him off and he was pissing blood! Out of intensive care now, but was drifting in and out of consciousness. Blood pressure dropped right down, internal bleeding and is very ill. One of his kidney's may have to be removed and there's still a big chance he won't play again. Their lad who kicked him has been down to see him and there's no hard feeling obviously, also Micky Adams has dropped in and Dick Knight has been in.
Jimmy is grateful for all the messages of support from the fans of both County and Albion, and he hopes he will be back on to the pitch soon."

:ohmy:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
f***. Let's hope not. There's a Croatian international who had kidney failure and came back, that's worse right...? :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here