Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You look a wee bit silly keep using the phrase "wee bit silly"

its an ironic slant on a scottish phrase , get up to speed

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I was never a massive fan of Mcghee although he did a reasonable job with us.

He is certainly doing very well at Motherwell though, i bet he would be interested.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dave Jones got them into the Premiership.

and then what happened? So ONE manager succeeded where McGhee and a host of others had failed, including a much vaunted ex England manager, not really a massive failure is it, afterall only 3 teams can get promoted and MM has got a whole host of clubs promoted. Far far more good than bad, but I just know you won't agree so we're gonna keep going round in circles on this one.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
and then what happened? So ONE manager succeeded where McGhee and a host of others had failed, including a much vaunted ex England manager, not really a massive failure is it, afterall only 3 teams can get promoted and MM has got a whole host of clubs promoted. Far far more good than bad, but I just know you won't agree so we're gonna keep going round in circles on this one.

However of the 3 clubs he has got promoted, I would argue in their promotion seasons, the only one that could regarded as McGhee's team was Reading. He took over from Keith Stevens at Millwall during the season and they went up and he took over from Coppell here (where we had been top) and he took us up via the play offs.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
McGhee is a superb manager and did great things at Albion. He has exceeded all expectations at Motherwell and they are having their best season in the clubs history and were expected to finsih 2nd bottom. He would be a great Scotland manager and that would make all the people who drove this great manager out of our club look a wee bit silly imho.

Well said.Come on Scotland!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
ALL the money is going on McGhee backed down from 25/1 to 10/1 today.

Gary Mc Allister 11/4

Craig Levein 3/1

Billy Davies 3/1

Graeme Souness 13/2

Ally Mc Coist 8/1

Mark Mc Ghee 10/1

Gordon Strachan 10/1

Tommy Burns 12/1

Jim Jeffries 12/1

John Collins 16/1

Joe Jordan 16/1

George Burley 16/1

Terry Venables 20/1

Kenny Dalglish 20/1

Jimmy Calderwood 20/1

George Graham 20/1

Colin Calderwood 20/1

David Moyes 25/1

Walter Smith 33/1

Steve Clarke 33/1

Maurice Malpas 33/1

Alex Miller 33/1

Kevin Keegan 40/1

John Hughes 40/1

Archie Knox 40/1

Martin Jol 50/1

Jim Fleeting 66/1

Craig Brown 66/1

Colin Hendry 66/1

Alex Ferguson 66/1

Phil Scolari 100/1

Paul Le Guen 100/1

Martin O' Neill 100/1

Jose Mourinho 100/1

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
McGhee 6/1 with Ladbrokes.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
55735.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Scots don't seem to think so, we are the clowns for getting rid of him

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
However of the 3 clubs he has got promoted, I would argue in their promotion seasons, the only one that could regarded as McGhee's team was Reading. He took over from Keith Stevens at Millwall during the season and they went up and he took over from Coppell here (where we had been top) and he took us up via the play offs.

We were no longer top when McGhee took us over and by the time he had a couple of games in charge we had dropped to about 8th. He had also lost Henderson (back at Reading) and Rodger (to injury) who were two key players.

I would suggest that you are the one obsessed by McGhee as you still mention him in your signature. Now that he is gone, why not accept he did a good job in taking us up and keeping us up before we struggled (unsurprisingly) after losing a few players the next season. In hindsight, it was probably the right time for him to go but why keep slagging him off now.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
We were no longer top when McGhee took us over and by the time he had a couple of games in charge we had dropped to about 8th. He had also lost Henderson (back at Reading) and Rodger (to injury) who were two key players.

I would suggest that you are the one obsessed by McGhee as you still mention him in your signature. Now that he is gone, why not accept he did a good job in taking us up and keeping us up before we struggled (unsurprisingly) after losing a few players the next season. In hindsight, it was probably the right time for him to go but why keep slagging him off now.

Each to their own. My signature is just there.

It was time for to go, just it was left too late and it is only this season that we have started to turn things around. I guess he is one of those managers that even where he has ultimately failed, he stills gets another job.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
He hardly ulimately failed here did he. Took the club to their highest position in over two decades. Was time for him to go but not as a failure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here