Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McLeish wants McGhee as new Scotland Manager

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hope it happens, it'll make NSC a lively place when Scotland play :)

What do the Scots on here think about it?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Good luck to McGhee if he gets the job, Allthough I felt he out stayed his time at the Albion I dont see any reason why he should'nt go on to enjoy success elsewhere.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
McGhee is a superb manager and did great things at Albion. He has exceeded all expectations at Motherwell and they are having their best season in the clubs history and were expected to finsih 2nd bottom. He would be a great Scotland manager and that would make all the people who drove this great manager out of our club look a wee bit silly imho.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
McGhee is a superb manager and did great things at Albion. He has exceeded all expectations at Motherwell and they are having their best season in the clubs history and were expected to finsih 2nd bottom. He would be a great Scotland manager and that would make all the people who drove this great manager out of our club look a wee bit silly imho.

Ah bless, it has triggered something off again...

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
See, it's started already. Wop it up 'em Mark :lol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Piers the fact you considered he was not good enough for 3rd division BHAFC but it would appear he is good enough to be considered for the manager of Scotland makes you look a wee bit silly I would say.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Apart from the FACT that he is doing an excellent job at Motherwell, never let blindness get in the way though

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Piers the fact you considered he was not good enough for 3rd division BHAFC but it would appear he is good enough to be considered for the manager of Scotland makes you look a wee bit silly I would say.

If he got the Scotland job it would be funny. He is doing OK at Motherwell at present, but he has not started to try and build his own team, that is when it goes wrong....

I'm happy to see him doing so well at Motherwell and agree that he could do a good job for the sweaties. The only problem I would have if he got the job is Uncle Spielberg constantly masturbating over every positive news story.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
McGhee's overall record would suggest that one bad season at a club with no money and the axe of uncertainty hanging over it is not enough to RUBBISH him, just imo like

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
McGhee's overall record would suggest that one bad season at a club with no money and the axe of uncertainty hanging over it is not enough to RUBBISH him, just imo like

But then there was the under acheivement at Wolves, where he spent a lot of cash, but did not get them promoted (hung on to his job due to a decent FA Cup run) or the fact that rather than building on his initial success at Millwall they went backwards.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If he got the Scotland job it would be funny. He is doing OK at Motherwell at present, but he has not started to try and build his own team, that is when it goes wrong....

Piers, I think he has virtually rebuilt the team at Motherwell.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
But then there was the under acheivement at Wolves, where he spent a lot of cash, but did not get them promoted (hung on to his job due to a decent FA Cup run) or the fact that rather than building on his initial success at Millwall they went backwards.

Everybody underachieves at Wolves, he also left enough at Millwall for Wise to do OK. Since then they've been absolute shite so overall McGhee seems to have done not a bad job overall whilst at Millwall

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here