Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mcghees Contract

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
London Irish said:
You can taste the jaundice and the bitterness

Not that much Jaundice and bitterness in my life like placcy, nice short week starting off tomorrow working in Geneva for 3 days.

The only bitterness I detect is someone fastly loosing the arguement that McGhee is doing a good job, Victor Meldrew could have done a better motivational job than McGhee on Saturday, and Stevie Wonder could have done a similar job picking the team.

Still, he can always fall back on plan C of relying on Wednesday to do us a favour.........

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Re: Re: Mcghees Contract

Race said:
If you say so.

Is my guess closer deary xx

I would guess Butters is on around the same as mcghee and is probably a top earner at the club on 2k a week before win bonuses (not that he sees many of those!)

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Re: Re: Re: Mcghees Contract

dwayne said:
Is my guess closer deary xx

I would guess Butters is on around the same as mcghee and is probably a top earner at the club on 2k a week before win bonuses (not that he sees many of those!)

Have no idea who is the top earner at the club and dont really care to be honest, but good luck to 'em.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
chicken run said:
Hi LI, I know for a FACT that Mark played no part in the Virgo transfer

That's not the point, he was on loan to Exeter when McGhee arrived.

McGhee turned him into a 1.5M player....

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Re: Re: Re: Re: Mcghees Contract

Race said:
Have no idea who is the top earner at the club and dont really care to be honest, but good luck to 'em.

not that bit but the other bit??? :smokin:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
chicken run said:
Hi LI, I know for a FACT that Mark played no part in the Virgo transfer

I know for a FACT that some of the stuff you have posted on here isnt FACT, so there :p

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Mcghees Contract

Seagull73 said:
Yes I'm aware of that, I've asked it a endless times, and guess what...? I've never got a straight answer.

Repugnant Toad said:
Phil Parkinson? Martin Allen? Paul Simpson? Colin Calderwood? Alex Inglethorpe? Steve Tilson? Danny Wilson?

You have now.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mcghees Contract

dwayne said:

Look, nosey, all you need to know is that he does alright for a 'hoofer'. ;)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mcghees Contract

Uncle Buck said:
Oh, I wonder what the replies will be.

Sits back and waits for the stock answers....

I cant be arsed either. Every time someone mentions who could do a better job someone else points to their record as to why they wouldnt be suitable.

Well obviously neither were Coppell, Taylor and Adams if you looked at their records before joining us.

Managers come and go. FACT. If you remember Magoo wasnt first choice to replace Coppell anyway...it was Danny Wilson.

This does mean that DK will pay compensation to another team if he feels someone else can do a job.

Last edited:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mcghees Contract

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
This does mean that DK will pay compensation to another team if he feels someone else can do a job.

I'm not sure, Adams, Taylor, Coppell and McGhee were all out of jobs when our vacancy came up. In fact I'm trying hard to think of the last time we actually employed a manager who came directly from another league club - I think it was Mike Bailey in 1981 when we were in the top division.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Can't we have a whip round? Something like the 40 note fund but give the proceeds to DK to get rid of Magoo.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
The Large One said:
I'd happily give the 40 Notes Fund money to ensure he stays a further year at the end of his current contract.

Hmmmm that wasn't really what I was thinking :p

Rougvie said:
Not that much Jaundice and bitterness in my life like placcy, nice short week starting off tomorrow working in Geneva for 3 days.

The only bitterness I detect is someone fastly loosing the arguement that McGhee is doing a good job, Victor Meldrew could have done a better motivational job than McGhee on Saturday, and Stevie Wonder could have done a similar job picking the team.

Still, he can always fall back on plan C of relying on Wednesday to do us a favour.........
Ah the Stevie Wonder joke gets an outing - it complements the originality of your football views.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
The Large One said:
I'd happily give the 40 Notes Fund money to ensure he stays a further year at the end of his current contract.

If you had a 40 notes gig in support of McGhee I sugest you book up your lounge pretty quickly, as I really cant see many more than yourself, Frank, Placcy and Gubber being in attendance.

:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here