Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mcghees Contract

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Pro Mcghee fans always say "we cant afford to pay him off" but do we know how much it would be to pay him off? would it be as much as people think?

I would guess he is on around 3k a week as most managers are on less than key [players so thats around 156k to say bye bye at the end of the season - IF he decides not to take an offer from the club.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Kinky Gerbils said:
Pro Mcghee fans always say "we cant afford to pay him off" but do we know how much it would be to pay him off? would it be as much as people think?

I would guess he is on around 3k a week as most managers are on less than key [players so thats around 156k to say bye bye at the end of the season - IF he decides not to take an offer from the club.
We could just give him Turienzo.......(.kills 2 birds with 1 stone):lolol:

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Kinky Gerbils said:
I suspect you'll find 'anti-McGhee' "fans" (whatever they are) would also say that we can't afford to pay him off, if they weren't so blinded by simply getting rid of him at whatever cost.

Yeah, great investment, spending £100k to get rid of a manager who has bought millions to the club in transfer fees :clap:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
London Irish said:
Yeah, great investment, spending £100k to get rid of a manager who has bought millions to the club in transfer fees :clap:

Did McGhee negotiate those deals personally?.

Clubs came in for Currie/Cullip so that was hardly rocket science.

Virgo and Harding were a product of Youth development. about the only thing that McGhee hasnt turned his hand to f***ing up yet (although I am sure he will get plenty of time to do that)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I just looked at Debbie McGhee and saw Dick Van Winkle.

dickvanwinkle_small.jpg

E

enigma

Rougvie said:

Virgo and Harding were a product of Youth development. about the only thing that McGhee hasnt turned his hand to f***ing up yet (although I am sure he will get plenty of time to do that)

Okay Cullip was alreay rated. But you must give McGhee credit for Currie, picking him up on a free when nobody wanted him.....

His role in the development of Harding and particular Virgo cant be underestimated either.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Rougvie said:

Maybe i'm wrong, but I think the fact that Virgo went to Celtic had a little something to do with a recommendation from Strachan's old roommate.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Come on Virgo was rescued from the Gary Elphick career path by McGhee. Coppell didn't rate him and sent him on loan to Exeter. McGhee put him back in the team and obviously recognised his passion and leadership qualities,

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Rougvie said:

I don't think managers personally negotiate the sale of a player, nor do they have a great deal to do in the negotiations for incoming players - but I could be wrong.

Someone came in for Cullip after playing under several managers here and with several seasons under his belt. I am not saying that was down to McGhee alone, but no-one else seemed interested in him, even when he spent 18 months on the transfer list.

Virgo was given a proper run in the side by McGhee after Coppell offloaded him to Exeter City.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Kinky Gerbils said:
Pro Mcghee fans always say "we cant afford to pay him off"

Contradiction. Pro-McGhee fans don't want him to go, that's why they are Pro-McGhee fans. It's the undecided that would look down that route...

So you suggest wasting 100k plus to get rid of McGhee when that could easily go on a couple of players next season (hence what everybody has been saying), and replace him with....? (Can't wait for this answer).

Rougvie said:

You can taste the jaundice and the bitterness. No of course McGhee had nothing to do with those deals and nothing to do with the development of young players into million pond signings.......more of your renowned fairness here, yeah?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Re: Re: Mcghees Contract

Seagull73 said:
So you suggest wasting 100k plus to get rid of McGhee ... and replace him with....? (Can't wait for this answer).

I'd look at the endless threads on exactly this subject; the question has been answered countless times.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Re: Re: Re: Mcghees Contract

Repugnant Toad said:
I'd look at the endless threads on exactly this subject; the question has been answered countless times.

Yes I'm aware of that, I've asked it a endless times, and guess what...? I've never got a straight answer.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Kinky Gerbils said:

I would guess he is on around 3k a week as most managers are on less than key [players

If you say so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here