Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee's Championship Record

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Re: Re: McGhee's Championship Record

Yoda said:
Brett, you could expand that to his total league record (excluding play-off matches) to this:

Played: 121
Won: 34 (28%)
Drawn: 37 (31%)
Lost: 50 (41%)

So here it is........................

Totals
Wins 34
Draws 37
Losses 50
Congratulations McGhee 50 up :clap: :clap:

just for the record dividing it into season

League 1 (03/04)
Win 14, Draw, 8, Lost 8

Championship (04/05)
Win 13, Draw 12, Lost 21

Championship (05/06)
Win 7, Draw 17, Lost 21

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: McGhee's Championship Record

Yoda said:
I'm going to do something more constructive, like go round my girlfriends and get a good blow job. :lolol:

Why, is your hand busy?

:p

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
We'll have it as many times as people like you come out with the same lame bullshit. This was an avoidable relegation that could easily have been, er, avoided by signing a credible striker no later than the end of the January transfer window.

:rolleyes: Here we go again. Sack McGhee then, then replace him with....? Who is the striker we should have signed....? It's all very well being hot headed but by sacking what is probably the best manager in League 1 (name another manager in that division with a better track record?).

Its a matter of opinions, but do you honestly think by sacking McGhee now we will be a better side next year? I don't agree with some of his puzzling tactics. If we're in the bottom half by Christmas then I might join your critisism, but until then I think people like you need to stop coming out with such bullshit :glare:

I think we needed more than just a striker in fairness, our midfield is pretty light weight too.

Jul 20, 2003
overall managerial career (all clubs)

wins 40%
loses 34%
draws 26%

FACT!

(lies, damn lies and statistics)

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Right, lets look at this another way. IMO McGhee has performed brilliantly with clubs in League 1. Clubs who in reality are not good enough for the Championship have been promoted to it with him in charge. To me it seems like he is a victim of his own success.

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
if we are in the bottom half by christmas then mghee would have f***ed up another season leaving a near impossible task to salvage anything. Get rid now, all this crap about who would come here , well mghee did coppell before him , taylor etc. Whenever this job has come up there has always been a repectable list of applicants.

:wave:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
humpy said:
if we are in the bottom half by christmas then mghee would have f***ed up another season leaving a near impossible task to salvage anything. Get rid now, all this crap about who would come here , well mghee did coppell before him , taylor etc. Whenever this job has come up there has always been a repectable list of applicants.

:wave:

What if we are in the top 6 though? You don't know until next year.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Im a big fan of McGhee at present, as Ive said before we have a shit load to thank him for because of the way he got us promoted. If however, we arent in a play-off position after 20 games then maybe we should have a look at replacing him. Looking at it realistically, IMO we should be a top 7 team in League 1. Any lower and then we are under achieving and a change in leadership should be contemplated.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: Re: Re: McGhee's Championship Record

Fragmented Badger said:
I'm not one of the many tossers I have seen frequent this board in recent years pretending that Dick Knight/Mark McGhee/John Prescott/Micky Adams/the Pope have told them things personally. Also, I am not going to come up with the trademark useless link to the club, ie my dad's mate plays football with.........

Fragmented Badger said:

All I have is contact (in a couple of ways directly, and in a couple of ways indirectly) with 2-3 people who work for the Albion

And the difference is what exactly? As far as I can see both result in bullshit rumours :shrug:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Untill two months go I was all for McGhee, but a couple of stries i have heard, his tactics, and his lack of any command of the English language have lost any faith I had in the man.

It appers to not only myself, but others around that wea are stuck with MM as the club cannot pay his contract. his charmed life also continues with us as no other club wants him. So basically that's it. Like the clap, once you have got it it's a bugger to get rid of, and no one will go near you whilst you have it!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Knight will never sack him though. I think we will do OK next season, with or without him.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Fragmented Badger said:
That's what I was trying to say! A few weeks ago, as bad as we were, I didn't even consider McGhee could be sacked - I just presumed he would be here next season. It just seems like there is a little bit more pressure on him than some would think.

But is there pressure? I think Dick Knight has been around long enough to realise that we do not have a divine right to this league. We had half the budget of Sheffield Wednesday - the team we were trying to catch up.

I have faith in DK to do the right thing. He has a fairly good track record of getting rid of the wrong managers.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Caveman said:
Lets judge him next season aye? To be fair we're always going to struggle in the Championship whilst at Withdean.....

How many times do we have the same conversations on this board?

I agree, i am not a die-hard MM fan but i think at least give him untill christmas. He should be judged on Div 1 standards because he has lost the very few quality players we had and has been forced into blooding nippers a tad too early IMO (championship too big a jump from the youth team) If we fail next year i wont be jumping on the MM out bandwagon but i think the pressure will be too great on DK and he will have to sack him (contract or not)

I think the danger of changing him now is anyone who is likely to be employed by a club in our predicament will be far more of a gamble than MM is with the basis of this current squad!

That said i could be talking a load of piffle/bullshit/bollocks:dunce:

:albion: :albion: :albion: :albion: :albion: :albion: :albion: :albion:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: McGhee's Championship Record

Fragmented Badger said:
Well basically because I haven't posted any rumours. And at no point, have I tried to claim I am "in" with the club whatsoever, because quite frankly, I wouldn't want to be. Shall I repeat that again for you?

You can say it as many times as you like. Doesn't change the fact you said this:

Fragmented Badger said:

and they have, shall we say hinted, to me that there are one or two concerns over the manager from those above.

Posting a rumour.

Fragmented Badger said:

All I have is contact (in a couple of ways directly, and in a couple of ways indirectly) with 2-3 people who work for the Albion

Claiming that you are "in" with people at the club who can/are giving you information that is not available to the general public.

Impressive. Quicker U-turns than Tony Blair.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
dougdeep said:
Knight will never sack him though. I think we will do OK next season, with or without him.

Tell thay to Messrs Gritt and Hinshelwood!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here