Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee Set For Contract Talks With Players

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Cox has actually been offered a contract, as one of the ten youth teamers, i also doubt MM wants shot of Robinson as he only gave him a three year deal pre xmas i believe

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
the Realist said:
Frutos and Carole HAVE RELEGATION RELEASE CLAUSES according to BBC SCR that will allow them to walk on free transfers. Will they? I think Carole might because he ain't be getting a starting place recently. Not so sure about Fruity though
???

Anyone else heard this?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
blockhseagull said:
Bearing in mind that we were always going to be involved in a relegation fight, if this were true i would be shocked

Carol seems to think he will play in the premiership "snigger"

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
There is simply no way that we should or will get shot of Butters, Oatway and Hart....there is also no way that a club in our (financial) position should be risking giving Dodd a contract - unless it's pay as you play.

We should do everything we can to keep Carole, and entice GN-W here on a permanent basis.

Chippy, I'm afraid, is a shadow of his former self - reminds me of Watson....suddenly something happened and he lost it.

We need to offload no-hopers such as McPhee, Molango, Turienzo & Jarrett - hopefully to allow some funds to be available for some new blood.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Jarrett played well at the start of the season and then suffered an injury. I think we may keep him on. I doubt we'll lose Turienzo have payed so much for him. He has had injury and language problems. We may get to see him next season.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
the Realist said:
Oatway, Hart and Carpenter WILL be offered new deals - the question is how financially viable those deals will be to those players. We know they will have to take a drop, but will it be 10%, 25%, 50% ??

agree most likely to get new deals

McCammon, Nicolas and McPhee WILL NOT be offered new deals. McGhee has made that clear by his failure to use those players. I feel sorry for Alexis but he probably needs to go back to Cyprus. McCammon might get a deal at Bristol City, while MCPhee will go non-league

I thought Mcgammon still had another year? Def get rid of mcpee. Give Nicholas 2 months

Butters, Dodds and Mayo ARE THE QUESTIONABLE ONES Butters possibly deserves one, but his age might proclude it. Dodds is this years Kitson (funny how we always get relegated when we sign a big name who then goes awol all season) and realistically we cannot offer Doddsy a repeat - surely?. As for Mayo, it would be a tad cruel in the guy's testimonial year to let him go but, until very recently, McGhee hasn't been playing him, and his half-time subsitution against Wednesday does not bode well for his prospects. In summary, I think these three will also depart.

Release Dodd,Butters and Mayo

========= also ============

Kuipers, Molango, Jarrett, Breach, Cox, Robinson, Turienzo STILL HAVE CONTRACTS BUT... I suspect McGhee would like shot of most of them - definately the first three. Depends who we can offload them to ...

Try and offload Molango, Jarrett, keep Robinson

McShane, Noel-Williams and Chaigneau ARE NOT OURS but we would dearly love to have the first two under contract .... no chance in either case though (imho). As for Chaigneau, it's back to French provincial football for him

Fraid it is goodbye to all three!

Frutos and Carole HAVE RELEGATION RELEASE CLAUSES according to BBC SCR that will allow them to walk on free transfers. Will they? I think Carole might because he ain't be getting a starting place recently. Not so sure about Fruity though

Would not be the end of the world if both went

Lynch MAY BE SOLD To Pompey - according to Ian Hart. We are still a selling club and so anything over 500k would I think see the lad depart.

More money for the coffers- he if goes keep mayo

THIS LEAVES Reid, Hinshelwood, Hammond, Martin, El-Abd, Kazim-Richards, Loft, Henderson, Elphick, Gatting + the new guys who have signed from the Youth Team as the players who will DEFINITELY be here next season

See enclosed comments

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We need a damn good clear out, but I suppose it all depends on how much cash is available for replacements.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Fragmented Badger said:
Frutos is MILES BETTER than Carole anyway, so I am hoping that's true:clap2:

I think 'Miles' is a bit of an exagguration, both players have showed great promise at the beginning of the season, but have fallen away. Frutos has a better final product, but even then it's not that great.

However, both have the potential to absolutely SHRED teams apart in League 1 next year, so i'd like to see how they get on

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Why are people calling Turienzo a no-hoper? He's had 45 mins against Luton for fucks sake. Give the guy a chance next season.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Storer68 said:
yes, and i've also heard that carole wants away if we went down but that Fruitos was keen to stay. but howtrue it is heaven knows
Hope at least one of them stays. They are both talented and I think if a manager could polish some aspects of Carole's game he's a Premiership player. I think though, that letting them have relegation clauses which allow them to walk for NOTHING in their contracts was folly.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here