Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee non believers post here

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Uncle Spielberg said:
Put your money where your mouth is on my other thread.
What has McGhee got to do with obscure films? ???

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Uncle Spielberg said:
If we do go down I am giving £ 25 to the REMF and will put myself in stocks for the REMF 5 game and people can throw wet sponges at my face 3 shots for £ 1 , all proceeds to go the the REMF.
Now that i would love to have a go at. :clap2:

We've got the right man in charge to make it a very strong posibilty!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
William Hill

Brighton 4/6 to be relegated

£ 100 will return £ 166.66 including stakes

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've never rated him, and never rated Leon the Newt either, so far we're not missing Leon, and I don't think we'd be worse off if we lost Magoo either.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
brightonfan_86 said:
I'm starting to dislike Magoo, falling out with players and some of his tactical discisions and transfer dealings have been absolutely shocking.
This is MM's style of management , he is the boss so that makes him the man in charge. Fergie has done the same at Manure regarding falling out with players and has recently come under criticism for his team selection and tactics. No-one expected us at the beginning of the season for us to be challenging for a play off spot and knew we would either be hovering above or in the relegation zone. Football is a funny old game , all we need is a loanee to stick the ball in the back of the net and then we're back in with a fighting chance. We may not be playing the best football at the moment but there again neither are the bottom 8 in this league. All it takes is for Southampton and Derby to have a bad run to bring them into the drop zone area and we can then aim at overhauling them in the table.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ernest said:
I have never rated McGhee, never have done and he got lucky in inheriting a promotion winning team from VD which him and Booker nearly f***ed up.
Now he has had to build his own side it is transparent that he is unable to.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Uncle Spielberg said:
William Hill

Brighton 4/6 to be relegated

£ 100 will return £ 166.66 including stakes
Those bookies odds suggest they think we will avoid the drop and are just going to take the mug punters money. The bookies look at the percentages of us filling the 3rd relegation spot and shave the odds in their favour so realistically we are probably 11/10 to stay up.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The bookies have us going down in 22nd place so I don't know why you said they think we will avoid the drop.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When we win on Saturday, I predict the bookies will change the name of the 22nd club to Leicester even though we have a worse goal difference at the moment. On the final day of the season that 3rd relegation spot could go to us but other clubs in the shit such as Wednesday , Hull , Southampton , Derby, Millwall, Crewe and Leicester could fill it and we escape for the second season running.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I do not rate McGhee, I'm puzzled by his tactics, annoyed with his bizarre man-management and frustrated that he cannot find a single player in the transfer window who will improve the team. His ability in the trnsfer market is hit or miss at best. His post match comments often border on the absurd.

He inherited a reasonable squad with ability, belief, spirit, shape and pattern. The team had guts. This got us promoted and the first part of last season proved sufficient to keep us up. As he has slowly moulded the squad from Coppell's to his own the results, performances and spirit have dropped off. This is so obvious to see.

I fail to see why he is deemed a good manager.

Coppell had little money and inherited a disaster. He brought in a number of key players and got us going again. If he can bring in decent players then so can others. Obviously McGhee cannot.

Taxi

Jul 10, 2003
Littlehampton
McGhee was lucky to get us to the play offs
McGhee was lucky to keep us up last season
This season the luck has run out and is showing what he really is.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i think we are going down i do hope im wrong but just can't see us getting anywhere near to 50 pts.think we will finish above crewe with about 40 - 45 points which aint gonna be enough just where are the goals gonna come from? and i still say we are missing something in the middle of the park.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think we will go down because:

- Low team morale and in-fighting

- Bad signings - Turienzo, Dodd etc

- Inability to sign a striker that can score goals

- DK has too much faith in the manager.

- Too many players playing out of position

- We never signed a left back which was an issue since Harding left. We got lucky with Lynch

- We sold our most talented player

- McGhee has lost a large percentage of the fans and they are now on the side's back

- He still does not know our best eleven

- The strikers never get a run in the side

I have tried to stick by McGhee, but I've lost faith. We're just not good enough squad wise and tactically.

D

Deleted member 2719

Jimmy Saville said:
I think we will go down because:

- Low team morale and in-fighting

- Bad signings - Turienzo, Dodd etc

- Inability to sign a striker that can score goals

- DK has too much faith in the manager.

- Too many players playing out of position

- We never signed a left back which was an issue since Harding left. We got lucky with Lynch

- We sold our most talented player

- McGhee has lost a large percentage of the fans and they are now on the side's back

- He still does not know our best eleven

- The strikers never get a run in the side

I have tried to stick by McGhee, but I've lost faith. We're just not good enough squad wise and tactically.

jimmy surely you can fix it.

You summed up my exact thoughts.

Get him out now.

:angry: :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here