Brighton
Jimmy Saville said:
I think we will go down because:

- Low team morale and in-fighting

- Bad signings - Turienzo, Dodd etc

- Inability to sign a striker that can score goals

- DK has too much faith in the manager.

- Too many players playing out of position

- We never signed a left back which was an issue since Harding left. We got lucky with Lynch

- We sold our most talented player

- McGhee has lost a large percentage of the fans and they are now on the side's back

- He still does not know our best eleven

- The strikers never get a run in the side

I have tried to stick by McGhee, but I've lost faith. We're just not good enough squad wise and tactically.
You seem to forget, it's Withdean's fault Magoo is a SHIT manager.
:bla: bollocks :bla: bollocks :bla:

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Magoo must go, some of his signings such as Currie, Carole, Henderson and McShane have proven to be a disaster for the club.

He also insisted on giving crap youth team players such as Virgo and Harding a run in the first team. They were so bad he had to let them go to second rate teams who will never be as big as the Albion.

How someone as talented as Alan Ball is still without a job when Magoo is employed is beyond me.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
El Presidente said:
Magoo must go, some of his signings such as Currie, Carole, Henderson and McShane have proven to be a disaster for the club.

He also insisted on giving crap youth team players such as Virgo and Harding a run in the first team. They were so bad he had to let them go to second rate teams who will never be as big as the Albion.

How someone as talented as Alan Ball is still without a job when Magoo is employed is beyond me.

At last u see the light:jester: :jester:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
vulture said:
At last u see the light:jester: :jester:

ironing.jpg

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I think magoo will take us down but that isn't a disaster. We'll get better crowds doing well in league 1 than doing shit in the championship. If we're not in the top 6 by christmas though, time to put him in the recycle bin i'm afraid

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Billy the Fish said:
I think magoo will take us down but that isn't a disaster. We'll get better crowds doing well in league 1 than doing shit in the championship. d

I think that that is a myth. This team will struggle in Div 1 because irrespective of the division the one thing you must do that we can't is score goals.

The lack of goals and money to buy players will take us down this year and next.

Finance next year will bea problem due to loss of Sky TV revenue and lower gates. How many teams in Div 1 will fill their allocation? BHA fans will come if we are winning every week if not average gates of less than 6,000.

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Jimmy Saville said:

How do you know that there is low team morale. This myth seems to have been accepted as truth

Turienzo looks like a bad signing now but all managers make bad signings. Dodd was widely seen as a good signing in the summer and any player can get injured. Remember in McGhee's first season we had to pay Rodger and Blackwell who were both injured all year and this is no different. Dodd had no previous history of injuries and it is just bad luck. The etc, I assume, mean McCammon and Molango both of whom were free transfers. You cannot magic something out of nothing and McCammon did help us to wins against Sheff Utd and Sunderland last year when we stayed up by one point.

Yes but he did find one last year in Virgo but then we had to sell him so we still have a football club (or have you forgotten that). There is this strange idea that McGhee could have bought a great striker if he had combined resources that he spent on CKR and Turienzo, which is ridiculous. Quality, proven Championship strikers cost a minimum of £500k and do not want to sign for us.

How can he have too much faith. He just has the common sense to realise that there is nobody else that can do any better. Look at Leicester, all the managers that they are currently chasing are in a job at the moment. This suggests that there are not many top class managers out of work.

So Virgo playing Centre Forward last year was a bad idea. As clearly was Reid at Right Back.

- We never signed a left back which was an issue since Harding left. We got lucky with Lynch

How do you know we got lucky with Lynch. McGhee knew he was there and could have been waiting for the right moment to play him. That is just a stupid thing to say in my mind.

To survive. I would rather have a club playing in League One than not have a club at all.

- McGhee has lost a large percentage of the fans and they are now on the side's back

No, that is clearly not true. He may have lost a lot of support on NSC but most fans support him. People who come on NSC often do so to whinge about the team/manager etc. I firmly believe the sensible, realistiv and relatively silent majority support McGhee and will do so even if we go down.

He probably does know our best eleven but injuries, loss of form etc mean he has to change the team around regularly.

I have tried to stick by McGhee, but I've lost faith. We're just not good enough squad wise and tactically.

When given the chance, none of them exactly set the world alight. You have basically stated a lot of myths and opinions as fact and have no real case. I have still yet to see a realistic new manager from the anti-McGhee crowd.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I think McGhee is honest and doing the best with what he has got.

That siad his selections often baffle me and he seems to have a gift for upsetting members of an already small squad.

Unfortunately because he cannot attract new blood for the reasons we all know, no money or the chairman will not release money, withdean etc, I bleieve we will go down this season unless a goalscorer appears. I hope we stay up but we need goals.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If Uncle Spielberg can go from now until the end of the season without ever once coming over all self-righteous, I'll donate £100 to the charity of the mods choice. Yes, I know. It's well safe.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Finchley Seagull said:
Jimmy Saville said:

How do you know that there is low team morale. This myth seems to have been accepted as truth

Turienzo looks like a bad signing now but all managers make bad signings. Dodd was widely seen as a good signing in the summer and any player can get injured. Remember in McGhee's first season we had to pay Rodger and Blackwell who were both injured all year and this is no different. Dodd had no previous history of injuries and it is just bad luck. The etc, I assume, mean McCammon and Molango both of whom were free transfers. You cannot magic something out of nothing and McCammon did help us to wins against Sheff Utd and Sunderland last year when we stayed up by one point.

Yes but he did find one last year in Virgo but then we had to sell him so we still have a football club (or have you forgotten that). There is this strange idea that McGhee could have bought a great striker if he had combined resources that he spent on CKR and Turienzo, which is ridiculous. Quality, proven Championship strikers cost a minimum of £500k and do not want to sign for us.

How can he have too much faith. He just has the common sense to realise that there is nobody else that can do any better. Look at Leicester, all the managers that they are currently chasing are in a job at the moment. This suggests that there are not many top class managers out of work.

So Virgo playing Centre Forward last year was a bad idea. As clearly was Reid at Right Back.

How do you know we got lucky with Lynch. McGhee knew he was there and could have been waiting for the right moment to play him. That is just a stupid thing to say in my mind.

To survive. I would rather have a club playing in League One than not have a club at all.

No, that is clearly not true. He may have lost a lot of support on NSC but most fans support him. People who come on NSC often do so to whinge about the team/manager etc. I firmly believe the sensible, realistiv and relatively silent majority support McGhee and will do so even if we go down.

He probably does know our best eleven but injuries, loss of form etc mean he has to change the team around regularly.

When given the chance, none of them exactly set the world alight. You have basically stated a lot of myths and opinions as fact and have no real case. I have still yet to see a realistic new manager from the anti-McGhee crowd.

Just seen this and will try and respond in full later (at work and about to go into a meeting) but how does "I THINK we will go down because..." represent a case put across as fact. It is quite clearly my opinion.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Jimmy Saville said:
Just seen this and will try and respond in full later (at work and about to go into a meeting) but how does "I THINK we will go down because..." represent a case put across as fact. It is quite clearly my opinion.

Why do you feel the need to misquote me to prove your point. I said that you do not know that there is low team morale, that finding Lynch was luck and that McGhee has lost a large percentage of the fans. These are all opinions put across as fact to prove your point. Read the post and you will see that.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Self Righteous , moi ???

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Bollocks, now I'm going to have to monitor all the threads a bit more closely...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dont forget he also CANNOT coach our GLUT of strikers where the GOAL is :angry: :angry: :angry:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Finchley Seagull said:
Jimmy Saville said:

So there has been no in-fighting? What about Leon Knight not storming off against Hull? What about Kuipers last weekend? What about Knight arguing about Kuipers with McGhee? What about McGammon saying on the radio that he had his differences with McGhee...

Morale - Well I didn't go to Coventry, but from what I heard on the radio the heads had dropped. If they were playing and training as a team the there would not be in-fighting (see above).

Turienzo was a £150k gamble based on a video and a half against Lewes. That my friend is a VERY bad signing. How much of our transfer budget went there? Plain STUPID. Same goes for Molango. McGammon was a dreadful signing and McGhee had prior knowledge of his capability, given that he used to manage him. Surely you have to be at least 90% sure with a small budget?

Virgo was a defender. Lets get that straight. He didn't sign him, he stuck him up there for a game and it worked. He could have brought a striker in on loan but he hasn't. I accept it's not easy, but it's his job, especially when you fall out with the most talented striker at the club. McGhee was a striker. He should be able to spot someone with potential. Lloyd found Bremner and Nelson for next to nothing. We've also had Zamora, Small, Steele, Byrne Knight and others over the years that have done a job. Coppell bought Kitson and Doyle for next to nothing (plus Knight. Now that's canny management.

Point accepted about a replacement, but I think there is too much wrong at the club (see other points in this thread) to suggest that someone who the players have some semblance of faith in, who gives them a run in the side and gets his tactics right might do a better job.

Two examples of good decisions. How about Knight in centre midfield, Hinshlewood in right midfield, Carole up front, Virgo in midfield, Hart everywhere...

Lynch only played because we were down to the bare bones at Southampton. Mayo had to play midfield so he got his chance. Fair play to McGhee, but IMHO he got lucky there.

NO. We sold Leon Knight because McGhee fell out with him. I was happy with that decision until we failed to sign a replacement. We have weakened our squad, not strengthened it.

What was the reaction to a nil nil draw against Burnley. Nothing. No cheers, no applause to (on paper) a fairly good result. I think (and as previously stated this is only my OPINION and I would hate to present it as fact) this is because the fans have lost faith. I sit behind the dug outs, I see the people giving him abuse.

Do you really believe that?... Do you?... Really? What he knows which order he would have his keepers in?... Best two upfront?... Even you used the word "probably". You really have not convinced me there.

When given the chance, none of them exactly set the world alight.

WELL HE SIGNED THEM (except for Robinson and teh decent striker we sold). Well, I would go with CKR and Robinson and give them five games. Build some confidence and match fitness and get some goals. How can you build a partnership if you chop and change every match? The only two that seem to have got a run are Carole and Hart, both of whom are out of position and Carole is the best supply line in the side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here