Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee non believers post here

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Finchley Seagull said:
Good options but:
Parkinson - Why would he quit Colchester (who are on the up) for us. Especially when we have fickle fans who will want you out if we do not stay up.

Allen - Again why would he quit Brentford when they are on the up?

Simpson - A Cumbrian and again why would he leave Carlisle now.

Calderwood - Why would he leave Northampton when they are near the top of the league.

Tilson - Why would he quit Southend when they are on the up?

Wilson - His record since Barnsley is distinctly average. He did badly at Wednesday, failed to take Bristol City up and is now taking Milton Keynes down (which is what you are complaining about McGhee doing).

Inglethorpe - Doing well at Exeter but three divisions is a big jump.

These managers are all currently in jobs so would require compensation payments. When did we last get a manager who was manager at another club? All but Wilson are also heading for promotion so their clubs, and they, would be reluctant to leave, especially with Falmer still 2 and a half years away. The lack of quality managers who are currently out of work is clear.

Well said

Uncle Buck said:
f*** me.

If getting Barnsley promoted to the Premiership for the only time in their history is distinctly average, what is a good record.

Stop rewriting the facts.

Are you seriously arguing for Danny Wilson to replace McGhee?

The guy who McGhee got sacked from Bristol when he tactically outwitted him in the play-off final?

The guy who is now taking a team down into League 2?

I actually think Wilson is a decent manager. But alas his record at MK Dons is another example of how little scope managers have when the deciding facts of playing budget and resources are all against them.

I hope the Dons stay as loyal to him as we will do to McGhee, because they aren't going to get anyone better, and neither will we.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Are you seriously arguing for Danny Wilson to replace McGhee?

The guy who McGhee got sacked from Bristol when he tactically outwitted him in the play-off final?

The guy who is now taking a team down into League 2?

I actually think Wilson is a decent manager. But alas his record at MK Dons is another example of how little scope managers have when the deciding facts of playing budget and resources are all against them.

I hope the Dons stay as loyal to him as we will do to McGhee, because they aren't going to get anyone better, and neither will we.

Not bothered with regards to Wilson. Just my first impression of the other posters response was that Wilson had done nothing at Barnsley, but alas I did not read it properly.

To be honest Steve, we are never going to agree on McGhee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here