Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mcghee is such a bastard

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
That makes me want to watch us serve up a shower of shit every time we play.

I think you could be supporting the wrong team :)

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
20 shots with only 5 on target wasnt it?

Be interesting to see if Jeffers comes ( which i am highly sceptical of) who MM will chose to play with him up front....Reid anyone?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
gazwag said:
How exactly, we scored against Millwall

The only benefit was we didnt lose three points, just a matter of £40 grand, which is probably much less than the lost revenue if we go down, but could have helped massively today

We were much better Saturday than against Millwall. The only difference was that we managed to score.

We had far fewer chances against Millwall than against Cov. The way we capitulated against Millwall was shocking. The boys battled against Cov, 20 shots, but sadly we didn't hit the back of the net.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just because someone like Chappers questions the present state of affairs does not make him less of a fan, infact it makes him more of a fan than people who would still be licking everyone in the clubs bottoms if we were bottom of the GMVC.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Other than Frutos in the first half and Carole's just over the bar, how many of those twenty shots brought out an "ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh", rather than a "ffs how did he miss that"

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
eastlondonseagull said:
We were much better Saturday than against Millwall. The only difference was that we managed to score.

We had far fewer chances against Millwall than against Cov. The way we capitulated against Millwall was shocking. The boys battled against Cov, 20 shots, but sadly we didn't hit the back of the net.

It does come back to the striker issue, but what is frustrating is the fact that none of them seem to have improved this season. What are we doing with them in training?

What did frustrate me was there was a period after we went a goal down, where we started to get some half decent balls in the area, also some decent low crosses (Knight would have liked those), and Shaw and Williams were struggling to deal with these. So McGhee makes the correct substitution and brings Robinson on for Hart and Carole goes into midfield, with this balls not being cleared Robinson might get something out of this. CKR then gets booked for something he had been warned about 3 times by the ref, so you have to take him off, as he will probably get sent off otherwise, the only option available is McCammon. Ok we still have the wingers on, who are putting some decent balls in, get Trolley in the middle and hope the ball hits his substantial frame and goes in. But McCammon then keeps running down the left flank, so we lose our shape.

Now is this because he is goal shy and does not want to get in the middle, is he incapable of following instructions or is it that he did not know what he was meant to be doing?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
Just because someone like Chappers questions the present state of affairs does not make him less of a fan, infact it makes him more of a fan than people who would still be licking everyone in the clubs bottoms if we were bottom of the GMVC.

Questioning and ill thought out abuse are not quite the same thing are they?

Let's give Tony Adams a go eh Gareth?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:yawn:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
gazwag said:
Other than Frutos in the first half and Carole's just over the bar, how many of those twenty shots brought out an "ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh", rather than a "ffs how did he miss that"

But you can't say the lads had their pyjamas on (other than Trolley). Even Hammond's awful header came from the fact that he was in the right place at the right time - the lads tried on Saturday and I applauded them for that. We've seen many games this season where there (appears to have been) very little discernable effort, but on Saturday we had a go. We just missed a lot :blush:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Questioning and ill thought out abuse are not quite the same thing are they?

Let's give Tony Adams a go eh Gareth?

He's not really a bastard, I actually like the guy having sat next to him at the end of season dinner. I just don't think the team is being managed very well at the moment.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
eastlondonseagull said:
But you can't say the lads had their pyjamas on (other than Trolley). Even Hammond's awful header came from the fact that he was in the right place at the right time - the lads tried on Saturday and I applauded them for that. We've seen many games this season where there (appears to have been) very little discernable effort, but on Saturday we had a go. We just missed a lot :blush:

Fair enough, its the word Frustrating I think that we are all searching for today

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Deano's Right Foot said:
But how crap where we? I wasn't there, but if 2 of our shots had gone in with the same performance bar that would people have been saying that we were lucky to win with that performance, or that we deserved to win? Are we deficient in finishing only, or general play?

These are not rhetorical questions - I'm interested in replies.
The point i was about to make. We had a lot of shots with a better or more in form striker we'd have one and this wouldn't be an issue. I didn't think we were that bad at all on Saturday we created a lot and of the moves in the first half were very good and patient. We just looked a bit confused defensively one or two times and need to improve deadballs.
And Chappers you said before kick-off that you had never looked forward to an Albion game less than you did on saturday and you were in no state to judge our performance

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
If he'd had just one striker hitting any kind of form (12/15 for the season) then nobody would be slating him. Maybe that striker exists within the club, most likely he doesn't and never did. The Turienzo siuation has been dissappointing to say the least.

That's why more pressure needs to be put on Frutos, Carole, Carpenter, Hammond etc. to make a difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here