• McGhee Out

Votes: 96 47.3%

• Total voters

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Sneaky George said:
I'd keep him. As I've said to those who want him out: Who, realistically, would do a better job in the current circumstances?

not a particularly even kieled question as its obviously a tough job for him, BUt given recent results, who coulddo worse !

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Slowly turning from a yes to no but for the moment has to be a yes. Next week however might be different, beginning to get the feeling that a lot of players are fed up, as are fans, hence this poll. :p

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
zefarelly said:
not a particularly even kieled question as its obviously a tough job for him, BUt given recent results, who coulddo worse !
Yes, resuls have been poor but look at our team and then look at what most of our opponents have. Norwich had a 3 million quid striker playing plus Huckerby - one of the best players in the division. Every club has more money than us in the Championship and most have at least one or two strikers who we'd kill for. It's hardly suprising we're struggling given that. Everyone who slags McGhee off never has a realistic replacement. So I repeat , who would do a better job?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
RB said:
Slowly turning from a yes to no but for the moment has to be a yes. Next week however might be different, beginning to get the feeling that a lot of players are fed up, as are fans, hence this poll. :p

Were you at Norwich on Tuesday? Those players were not fed up with him, they gave their all especially after going down to ten men. This poll is a weekly thing for the last two months setup generally by an anti-McGhee whinger. Ignore NSC, I believe the vast majority of fans who actually go to games and do not post on NSC support McGhee. Remember loyalty to a club is not posting 1,000s of times on NSC, it is going to games.

In answer to the above comment about many alternative managers suggested, the only sensible suggestions have been people already in a job so not realistic. I have yet to see a sensible option who is currently out of a job and would realistically come to Brighton.

Personally, I would keep McGhee whatever happens this year and give him until at least November next year. I honestly believe that if we go down, he is the most likely to bring us back up.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Finchley Seagull said:
Ignore NSC, I believe the vast majority of fans who actually go to games and do not post on NSC support McGhee.

Perhaps, but not necessarily. I've found an ever-increasing amount, which is now a majority, being against McGhee.

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Its a yes from me ! we need to take a step back and look at the broader picture.

This is McGhee's third season, the first one he took us up, second kept us up, (just) and this we are currently one position off safety and still in with a chance of staying up. To me that's a pretty good record so are the McGhee out brigade really saying you want him sacked after one (potentially) bad season ?

We have had good Managers here before who have walked and how we have moaned about them ! McGhee has shown us some loyalty and some on here want to kick him in the teeth with it !!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
These polls are great. Straight after a defeat it's 75% who want McGhee out, within a couple of days the in's go ahead. Looking forward to the poll after our win on Saturday :smokin:

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Icy Gull said:
These polls are great. Straight after a defeat it's 75% who want McGhee out, within a couple of days the in's go ahead. Looking forward to the poll after our win on Saturday :smokin:

Even if we lose on Saturday, I won't change my view;)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Hadlee said:
Its a yes from me ! we need to take a step back and look at the broader picture.

This is McGhee's third season, the first one he took us up, second kept us up, (just) and this we are currently one position off safety and still in with a chance of staying up. To me that's a pretty good record so are the McGhee out brigade really saying you want him sacked after one (potentially) bad season ?

We have had good Managers here before who have walked and how we have moaned about them ! McGhee has shown us some loyalty and some on here want to kick him in the teeth with it !!

That is exactly my point of view but written off as blind faith and other patronising two faced rubbish.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Icy Gull said:
Looking forward to the poll after our win on Saturday :smokin:

One swallow doesn't make a summer. I would love it if we win on Saturday, of course I would, but that won't change my opinion. A win would make it 7 in 49. Whoopdy-do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here