• McGhee Out

Votes: 96 47.3%

• Total voters

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
BarrelofFun said:
In. We are competing with teams, as Yorkie said earlier, with more expensive players on their bench than our whole squad. We are not relegated yet!

The only other team in a similar financial situation to us is Crewe with their turnover and they don't rent their bloody stadium.

Come on Brighton :albion:

Agree but fear the tide is turning against MM..........:eek:

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
In! Who else would we get?

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick
After last night definitely in - just got back from Norwich after detour - local Radio phone in last night was full of praise for our midfield & us fans - how many of us were there?

Hinsh getting sent off was disgraceful although it did seem to be the catalyst to step up our game.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Sorry Mark, for the first time in one of these polls, you are losing.

Trigger said:
6 wins in 48 = :wave:
That's ironic, innit Mr 2 games in 48 :lolol:

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Exactly. NOTHING like knowing your BEST 11 and sticking to it. Naming virtually the same side every week at the beginning of the season.
So we know the kind of manager you want - one who would do nothing but put out the same team every week even though it was still not getting the right results. Would try nothing different, no new combinations, on inspirations like Virgs up front, no blooding of younger, better players.

Well, thank f*** we have McGhee and not the utter clown you want :wave:

Last edited:

33057 Seagull said:
After last night definitely in - just got back from Norwich after detour - local Radio phone in last night was full of praise for our midfield & us fans - how many of us were there?

Hinsh getting sent off was disgraceful although it did seem to be the catalyst to step up our game.

Anyone who went knows that the team did well in adversity.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Hmmm, the poll is finely balanced between being an excellent indicator that McGhee still has the backing of the majoriuty of fans, and being a total irrelevance that anyone who particpated in is a geek/nerd/goon/etc.

Even if you are in the "Out" camp, surely you don't want to bring someone new in at this advanced stage of the season? That would be suicide.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I believe i said it on another thread.

The board could look at it in two ways

1. Its league one next year, do we get a new man in to look at the squad find weakness and target new signings ready for an assult on league 1.

2. Not down yet, lets wait and see.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
"We are looking at February as an important month in terms of picking up points from teams around us" said Mcghee last month!

So far played 3, lost 3, so I dont think it's unrealistic to think thats 4 or possibly 5 points lost?

I'd give Mcghee 2 more matches to pick up a win, and if he fails then it's time for him to walk.

At least a new manager coming in not only gets the chance to gain hero status by pulling off a miracle, but also gets 8-10 games to assess the squad in preperation for next season.

whatever league we are in.....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:
So we know the kind of manager you want - one who would do nothing but put out the same team every week even though it was still not getting the right results. Would try nothing different, no new combinations, on inspirations like Virgs up front, no blooding of younger, better players.

Well, thank f*** we have McGhee and not the utter clown you want :wave:

Yes ok lets get the velvet bag out for each and every game we play. As thats what he is doing at the moment. He hasnt a f***ing clue. So now he is panicking. AND he IS panicking.

I have said before the SQUAD actually isn't that bad. A better coach could get the best out of them like CKR...he cant coach our glut of forwards for instance.

I bet Knight is also not too impressed. Rotherham & Crrewe consolidated for a couple of seasons before they plummeted/are plummeting and I think Knight expected that. He wont admit it publicly but I bet he is.

He was lucky with Virgs because he had the hardest shot anyone has had for a long time at this club. FACT again. So yes stick him up front, have enough shots with enough power and they will go in. Its not rocket science or inspired genius.

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Crewe have been in this division for quite a few seasons, though I would definitely consider them to be punching above their weight, but I wouldn't say that they are plummeting.

I am still in the keep MM camp, which surprises me as I was not really that happy when he was appointed as I looked to his record at previous clubs and like our previous three managers didn't expect him to stick around for long. I think we can be fairly certain that DK will not sack him, for whatever reasons, I am starting to wonder if we will get to a point (say after another couple of defeats) where he just walks of his own accord.

I now find myself at the point where I still believe we can avoid relegation, though it will be one hell of a fight, a couple of wins can see us drag 3-4 other clubs into the battle but at the moment despite our effort we aren't getting the rub of the green or any return.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Yes ok lets get the velvet bag out for each and every game we play. As thats what he is doing at the moment. He hasnt a f***ing clue. So now he is panicking. AND he IS panicking.

I have said before the SQUAD actually isn't that bad. A better coach could get the best out of them like CKR...he cant coach our glut of forwards for instance.

I bet Knight is also not too impressed. Rotherham & Crrewe consolidated for a couple of seasons before they plummeted/are plummeting and I think Knight expected that. He wont admit it publicly but I bet he is.

He was lucky with Virgs because he had the hardest shot anyone has had for a long time at this club. FACT again. So yes stick him up front, have enough shots with enough power and they will go in. Its not rocket science or inspired genius.

So you mean pick a system best suited to the players available, get them use to the spine of the team and occasionally make the opposition think about us?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
So you mean pick a system best suited to the players available, get them use to the spine of the team and occasionally make the opposition think about us?

Unfortunately he is too pre occupied with the opposition to worry about that, but I have always maintained that other teams should worry about us.

It'll never catch on you know. Like playing defenders in defence etc etc. Never heard anything so preposterous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here