Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee hunting for striker

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
That's fair enough, I quite enjoy jousting with you too :D

You really think players are going to read that article and be demotivated? I, mean REALLY? They're big boys now youi know! :)

I didn't perhaps explain myself as well as I could earlier. I think there is an interesting debate to be had about McGhee's remarks, but not this pathetic one about all the players going home and crying because they've been told they'll just "make do".

I think it centres on McGhee's strategy of one major signing up front - this is a gamble of sorts, based on two things:

1) the rest of the team is adequate for the challenge of League 1
2) the forward line isn't currently.

I think these are fair assumptions, but obviously a huge amount now depends on the forward we sign. Get this wrong, and we could be in for a tough time, get it right, then we could be in for a morale-boosting season.

Ah, look LI's gone back to playing nice for 2 minutes so he can take the high ground. Still at least it shows he does take notice when people tell him what a shit head he is.

Les Biehn said:
I never said you couldn't come on here you numb f***. What's happened to your smilie tourettes. Oh and nice swerve of the questions you f***ing hypocrite.

Didn't take much to draw out your natural spite that was always there, did it? Why don't you do me and youself a favour and put me on ignore. You are without doubt the creepiest, seediest attention-seeker on NSC always ruining decent threads with your petty remarks, put me on ignore and I will do likewise with you.

Please say yes, it's for the best.

Last edited:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
London Irish said:
Didn't take much to draw out your natural spite that was always there, did it? Why don't you do me and youself a favour and put me on ignore. You are without doubt the creepiest, seediest attention-seeker on NSC always ruining decent threads with your petty remarks, put me on ignore and I will do likewise with you.

Can you 2 just get a f***ing room you are getting as bad as 1066 and Kev

Les Biehn said:
Ah, look LI's gone back to playing nice for 2 minutes so he can take the high ground. Still at least it shows he does take notice when people tell him what a shit head he is.

Keep dripping out the poison if it makes you feel better, I reckon there's a lot left to come, keep going.........

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
Didn't take much to draw out your natural spite that was always there, why don't you do me and youself a favour and put me on ignore. You are without doubt the creepiest, seediest attention-seeker on NSC always ruining decent threads with your petty remarks, put me on ignore and I will do likewise with you.

I don't disagree with anything you say. But you are still a xxxx. I won't put you on ignore because it is to interesting for me too watch you scraping around for dignity while you belittle everyone else then start kissing arse as soon as it all gets a bit to heavy. You are more than welcome to put me on ignore though.

vulture said:
Can you 2 just get a f***ing room you are getting as bad as 1066 and Kev

I've suggested a positive solution - that we both put each other on ignore - that's the mature thing to do, but will he accept it?

Last edited:

Les Biehn said:
I don't disagree with anything you say. But you are still a xxxx. I won't put you on ignore because it is to interesting for me too watch you scraping around for dignity while you belittle everyone else then start kissing arse as soon as it all gets a bit to heavy. You are more than welcome to put me on ignore though.

Course you won't put me on ignore, because you enjoy the rancour, you enjoy the attention-seeking - and I find it all a bit creepy to be honest.

At least everyone else can now see that.

Last edited:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Les Biehn said:
I never said you couldn't come on here you numb f***. What's happened to your smilie tourettes. Oh and nice swerve of the questions you f***ing hypocrite.

You two realy are best buddies:lolol: :yawn:

now kiss and make up:kiss:

Kinky Gerbils said:
While I am anti Mcghee I do its the case of not being his fault when it comes to signing players after what has come to light in the past few weeks.

What's influenced your thinking, was it that Chaigneau thing?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
Course you won't put me on ignore, because you enjoy the rancour, you enjoy the attention-seeking - and I find it all a bit creepy to be honest.

At least everyone else can now see that now.

Now then now. Yeah you're right, considering you regularly top the most irritating polls and have pissed off numerous posters with your vile patronising while I only seem to argue with you I would imagine people are going to be easily coerced by your suggestive little comments assuming what they would think.

Find it creepy all you like, but remember you started swearing at me and took that easy route rather than addressing you own oddly insecure behaviour.

I'm off to the pub now to watch the football. It's been fun though spunk chops, see ya later.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
That's fair enough, I quite enjoy jousting with you too :D

You really think players are going to read that article and be demotivated? I, mean REALLY? They're big boys now you know! :)

I didn't perhaps explain myself as well as I could earlier. I think there is an interesting debate to be had about McGhee's remarks, but not this pathetic one about all the players going home and crying because they've been told they'll just "make do".

I think it centres on McGhee's strategy of one major signing up front - this is a gamble of sorts, based on two things:

1) the rest of the team is adequate for the challenge of League 1
2) the forward line isn't currently.

I think these are fair assumptions, but obviously a huge amount now depends on the forward we sign. Get this wrong, and we could be in for a tough time, get it right, then we could be in for a morale-boosting season.

Just out of interest... are there any comments that MM has made that you think are wrong?... how about when he claimed an upcoming game that we were about to play was unimportant, even though we were still battling against relegation?... or when he called Withdean a dump?... personally, I think he has made a number of mistakes in his public pronouncements, the last being the main area of debate of this thread...

I agree that a striker is our top priority... personally, I would like to see us sign a more creative central midfielder than we have on our books at present (as you may recall, I wouldn't have offered Chippy a contract if I was in charge)...

May I suggest you refrain from resorting to name-calling and iinsults (Les B being your main victim here)... I seem to recall you criticising others in one of your earlier posts for doing the very same thing!!... perhaps an apology is in order?... :)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Sorry just before I go I would like to say I would happily talk to LI on a decent level and have tried to recently when he has been treating people better but he doesn't seem interested. As soon as I question his behaviour towards others when he is talking to them in a shitty way he suddenly starts taking the high ground. I will certainly apologise if he answered some of my questions and started treating people better.

D

Deleted member 2719

B.W. said:
Just out of interest... are there any comments that MM has made that you think are wrong?... how about when he claimed an upcoming game that we were about to play was unimportant, even though we were still battling against relegation?... or when he called Withdean a dump?... personally, I think he has made a number of mistakes in his public pronouncements, the last being the main area of debate of this thread...

I agree that a striker is our top priority... personally, I would like to see us sign a more creative central midfielder than we have on our books at present (as you may recall, I wouldn't have offered Chippy a contract if I was in charge)...

May I suggest you refrain from resorting to name-calling and iinsults (Les B being your main victim here)... I seem to recall you criticising others in one of your earlier posts for doing the very same thing!!... perhaps an apology is in order?... :)

B.W you have seem to have read it spot on but some people are so blind to the fact MM poor man management skills are like a novice and still has learn't a thing from last season.

Keep up your level headed approach i would love to join the debate but have got things to do and then the footies on.

:thumbsup:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Any new striker will have to be untried or over the hill. We can't afford anyone else.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Citrus in Sheffield said:
And here's me thinking this might be a thread about a possible new striker.
:lolol:

How about we sign?... no fcuk it... I'm out of here to watch the game...

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Re: Re: McGhee hunting for striker

Silent Bob said:
Why is this? From this it sounds as if we haven't attempted to sign him, what has changed since January that means a player we bid six figures for is now not worth pursuing on a free. ???

You really thought we tried to sign him in the 1st place :lolol:

We never went for him in January and all this "we're not pursuing him anymore" rubbish is yet more spin to get us out of the hole that's been dug by making transfer window stories up.

Unfortunately people like the Paddy will believe that we went for him then and now Magoo has someone better to "try" and get.

I'm sure we'll hear stories all summer long about who we've been after and who has turned us down because of withdean,league 1 yadda yadda yadda
:yawn:

B.W. said:

Like f*** it is! When that creepy, obsessed attention-seeker stops following me around from thread to thread with his constant, petty infantile jibes, then things will get better, but not till then, alas. These things have a wider context than just this one thread you know.

B.W. said:
Just out of interest... are there any comments that MM has made that you think are wrong?... how about when he claimed an upcoming game that we were about to play was unimportant, even though we were still battling against relegation?... or when he called Withdean a dump
Yes, all that stuff is utterly trivial, concentrating on it just debases the debate on here, it's a weird kind of political correctness, twisting McGhee's words to assume the worst, rather than actually concentrating on the big issues that arise out of what he is saying.

There were loads of times I disagreed with what McGhee did last season with his selections, but I guess because I don't present it in hissy-fit form or with witless Ernesta burblings like McGhee Out stuck on the end, it doesn't get noticed. That's a shame, but I'm not losing any sleep over it, those that pay attention would have noticed :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here