Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee hunting for striker

Kinky Gerbils said:
Aye, and the fact it still looks like the fact Knight had more than a little to do with El Turi

Well, fair enough, collective responsibility is a fairer way of apportioning blame than scapegoating individuals, and I think the board have to stand shoulder to shoulder with McGhee in taking what flak there is.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Which year:lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
Like f*** it is! When that creepy, obsessed attention-seeker stops following me around from thread to thread with his constant, petty infantile jibes, then things will get better, but not till then, alas. These things have a wider context than just this one thread you know.
:)

I see your smilie tourettes is back. You can position me however you want but it is funny that most of your arguments are with Bucky and me, yet Bucky and me disagree on nearly everything but still have constructive, civil conversations. Call me creepy all you like but your insecure desire to belittle people's post is becoming quite amusing, you are fast approaching a parody of yourself. I wont take it upon myself to presume the zeitgeist of NSC but if your fumbled attempts to put your finger on the pulse make you feel better than so be it.

To get back to the original argument, which I am more than willing to engage in LI, then if you think referring to our other players as individuals you will ‘make do with’ is a positive statement then I believe you have misread the statement. It implies without a shadow of a doubt that MM wants other players to take these roles as the ones we have are up to it but only in the most basic sense of the word.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
Like f*** it is! When that creepy, obsessed attention-seeker stops following me around from thread to thread with his constant, petty infantile jibes, then things will get better, but not till then, alas. These things have a wider context than just this one thread you know.

Yes, all that stuff is utterly trivial, concentrating on it just debases the debate on here, it's a weird kind of political correctness, twisting McGhee's words to assume the worst, rather than actually concentrating on the big issues that arise out of what he is saying.

There were loads of times I disagreed with what McGhee did last season with his selections, but I guess because I don't present it in hissy-fit form or with witless Ernesta burblings like McGhee Out stuck on the end, it doesn't get noticed. That's a shame, but I'm not losing any sleep over it, those that pay attention would have noticed :)

Well, I stick to my opinion that MM has made numerous stupid comments in the media... he shows no passion a la previous managers like Mullery and Adams, and no intelligence a la managers like Bailey and Coppell...

I obviously wasn't paying attention... please provide one example of your stated disagreement with MM's selection... no need to dig out evidence, just tell me one selection decision you didn't like...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Les Biehn said:
To get back to the original argument, which I am more than willing to engage in LI, then if you think referring to our other players as individuals you will ‘make do with’ is a positive statement then I believe you have misread the statement. It implies without a shadow of a doubt that MM wants other players to take these roles as the ones we have are up to it but only in the most basic sense of the word.

Couldn't agree more, Les...

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
B.W. said:
Couldn't agree more, Les...

I think with MM it's more he lets his mouth run away with him a bit, I don't think he sets out to bad mouth people. I've meet MM a couple of times and have always found him a nice chap and people at the club have always said he is a decent guy. But sometimes he says things that make you groan a bit rather than get really mad about.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Les Biehn said:
I think with MM it's more he lets his mouth run away with him a bit, I don't think he sets out to bad mouth people. I've meet MM a couple of times and have always found him a nice chap and people at the club have always said he is a decent guy. But sometimes he says things that make you groan a bit rather than get really mad about.

Fair enough... I've never met him, but I get the impression he needs to "engage brain before opening mouth", i.e. I agree that he probably isn't trying to be negative... he just has a tendency to say stupid things... I'm sure LI will agree too!... although he clearly doesn't think what MM says is important to the players, supporters, or anyone else connected to the club, or any potential signings either for that matter!... :rolleyes:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Did anyone notice what Svens reaction was too Rooney'S flounce last night?

Does he ever react to anything taking place on or just off the pitch in front of him?...

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
B.W. said:
Fair enough... I've never met him, but I get the impression he needs to "engage brain before opening mouth", i.e. I agree that he probably isn't trying to be negative... he just has a tendency to say stupid things... I'm sure LI will agree too!... although he clearly doesn't think what MM says is important to the players, supporters, or anyone else connected to the club, or any potential signings either for that matter!... :rolleyes:

I agree, it was foolish rather than malicious. I doubt LI will agree because he won't be able to paint himself as some sort of victimised martyr of the true faith and the rest of us as heinous bastards all in on some sort of anti MM conspiracy if he does that. Still you're not paranoid if they are actually after you.

Last edited:

Les Biehn said:
I agree, it was foolish rather than malicious. I doubt LI will agree because he won't be able to paint himself as some sort of victimised martyr of the true faith and the rest of us as heinous bastards all in on some sort of anti MM conspiracy if he does that. Still you're not paranoid if they are actually after you.

This is about the third reply mentioning my name since I last posted. Just how creepy and obsessed are you?

Last edited:

B.W. said:
Well, I stick to my opinion that MM has made numerous stupid comments in the media... he shows no passion a la previous managers like Mullery and Adams, and no intelligence a la managers like Bailey and Coppell...

I obviously wasn't paying attention... please provide one example of your stated disagreement with MM's selection... no need to dig out evidence, just tell me one selection decision you didn't like...

Sure, I was one of the few on here to object to the NSC bandwagon last atumn calling for McGhee to move Hammond to centre midfield and away from the left where he got all his goals - McGhee soon did play Hammond in the centre when I felt we had better options in the experienced old heads of Chippy and Charlie.

I also was a big fan of Blayney, and would have chosen him over McGhee's choice of Henderson, good though Hendo is.

Also I was sceptical very early on of the two-winger strategy of playing both Frutos and Carole together, and said so frequently. Frutos in particular was a defensive liability at times. My first choice midfield was Carole, Chippy, Charlie and Hammond - and I hope to see it this season because I rarely saw it last!

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
This is about the third reply mentioning my name since I last posted. Just how creepy and obsessed are you?

What, London Irish is your real name? Almost as creepy as you are when you start claiming that people are trying to drive you off NSC because they didn't find your use of a motor way accident as a chance to pull out a gag very appealing. My problem with you is your a xxxx and I can't stand xxxxx.

Les Biehn said:
What, London Irish is your real name? Almost as creepy as you are when you start claiming that people are trying to drive you off NSC because they didn't find your use of a motor way accident as a chance to pull out a gag very appealing. My problem with you is your a xxxx and I can't stand xxxxx.

....another vintage piece of obsessional creepiness, part 274 - I expect at the current rate to get five more of these tomorrow.

Trigger said:
I bet this is complete and utter drivel.

:jester:

I guess your bets do sometimes come in :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here