Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mcghee - Did he get it Right or Wrong by dropping Leon?

Right or Wrong to drop Leon?

• Right

Votes: 91 84.3%
  • Wrong

Votes: 17 15.7%

• Total voters

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I said i would reserve judgment on the subject of Leon being dropped untill after the Palace game. I have no doubt that McGhee was right to put Leon in his place and Leon showed that he can bounce back.

What are the thoughts of NSC?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Right, as he was with McCammon, but in typical NSC style leaving McCammon behind in Burnley was seen as amusing and the right thing to do. Leaving Leon out after a public hissy fit was of course out of order to his sycophants.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This might be controversial, but even though I rate Leon as a player I think he's got a f***ing big attitude problem.

Fair enough, he apologises to his teammates and the management, and rightly so. But I looked at his celebration after he scored the penalty vs Palace and it was all "Me, me, me", pointing his thumbs at the name on the back of his shirt etc etc. Never mind the fact that somebody else won the pen, his shot was poor and the keeper will be gutted it went under his body.

In short, he has bags of natural talent but behaves like a !!!!. McGhee has handled him well, there should be no special treatment for prima donnas.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Cant help but feel Leon might have created something in that great opening spell we had at Stoke. The club has an internal discipline structure, why go public? Hope we don't look back at the end of the season ruing that decision.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Redhead said:
Cant help but feel Leon might have created something in that great opening spell we had at Stoke. The club has an internal discipline structure, why go public? Hope we don't look back at the end of the season ruing that decision.

What he said! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Stoke was the worst we have played since Palarse three seasons ago. We were dire after the opening few minutes - the team were a disgrace. Stoke were there to be beaten. :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here