Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
certainly knows the Albion fans well.
2 years for a striker
and a decade for a stadium

McGhee calls for patience
By Andy Naylor
Albion manager Mark McGhee has appealed for patience as he tries to steer his baby-faced side back on the winning track.

The Seagulls head for McGhee's former club Millwall on Saturday after a hat-trick of League One defeats, the latest at Bristol City.

Half of the 16 players on duty for the 1-0 setback at Ashton Gate were teenagers, the same number products of Albion's youth system.

continued...
McGhee said: "The only players available to me beyond the 16 that turned out were Scott Chamberlain and Tommy Fraser, neither of whom have featured in the first team before.

"We have a very young squad who need time to develop and who aren't suddenly going to turn up experienced and knowing the ropes.

"They are going to have to be worked on the training ground, as we are doing, and they're going to have to be given time. They are a team that will get better as the season goes on."

McGhee has switched his attention to the Premiership in the hunt for a striker. He has been in touch with the likes of Manchester United, Spurs and Sheffield United to see if they have any forwards available to loan after the transfer window for permanent deals closed last week.

One long-term target, Tottenham's Lee Barnard, is out for five weeks through injury. Meanwhile, McGhee has not ruled out the possibility of trying to borrow Gifton Noel-Williams from Burnley again following his successful loan stint towards the end of last season.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: Same old crap! You've had your chance Magoo, you cannot keep attract players - so f*** off!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Apart from the usual transfer blah blah blah which I will reserve judgment on fo rthe mo I think he makes some good points. The team is very young and some of these players will need time to really impose themselves on the team.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Sorry McGhee My patience has gone. If you did'nt keep chasing players out of Brighton without finding replacements, we would'nt have such a baby faced threadbare squad.

You've caused a lot of damage so can you please just f*** off & give someone else a chance to pick up the piece's.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
British Bulldog said:
Sorry McGhee My patience has gone. If you did'nt keep chasing players out of Brighton without finding replacements, we would'nt have such a baby faced threadbare squad.

You've caused a lot of damage so can you please just f*** off & give someone else a chance to pick up the piece's.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Does noone else think we have been a bit unlucky with certainly players, Knight, McCammon, Jarrett and CKR all have a history of causing some form of trouble at other clubs. He should have vetted these players better but I don't think it is as one sided as people like to make out.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Does noone else think we have been a bit unlucky with certainly players, Knight, McCammon, Jarrett and CKR all have a history of causing some form of trouble at other clubs. He should have vetted these players better but I don't think it is as one sided as people like to make out.

These players were causing issues as a group and McGhee was unfortunate with this and some of the blame lays with the players, however some of the blame must lie with the coaching staff as they allowed this group of players to become disruptive and this should have been nipped in the bud.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Les Biehn said:

I dont think MM signed Knight but still a fair point.
You cannot sign a useless big twat with attitude and then turn round to the fans and say I`m sorry ``How was I to know he was a useless big twat with attitude``

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
These players were causing issues as a group and McGhee was unfortunate with this and some of the blame lays with the players, however some of the blame must lie with the coaching staff as they allowed this group of players to become disruptive and this should have been nipped in the bud.

I completely agree. I just think lots of people get caught up in the MM side of this rather than taking into account how these players behaved.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
H block said:
You cannot sign a useless big twat with attitude and then turn round to the fans and say I`m sorry ``How was I to know he was a useless big twat with attitude``

I thought he did sign Knight? Wasn't he only on loan when MM got here?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
H block said:

I know he didn't sign Knight but if you look at McCammon he was outspoken but him and MM appeared to have always got on at Millwall, Jarrett was somewhat of an unknown but had had his problems at the Dons and CKR turned out to be a bit more of a trouble maker than anyone suspected he would be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here