Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee admits we couldn;t be bothered

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Mark McGhee admited in the Argus today that " we couldn't be bothered ".

Now that is not word for word what he said but

a game too many
half a dozen of the players couldn't get up for it
it was an irrelevance

I have been a big supporter of McGhee and supported him 100%. I think overall he has done a good job for the club but these comments make my blood boil. I cannot imagine Micky Adams having such an attitude or Oatway and Cullip.

To put out a side and throw in the towel and stand at the sidelines arms folded for the 90 minutes giving no instructions and emotion just wondering what he was having for Tea is unacceptable and disrespectful of the highest order to the paying fans. We sill chipped in £ 20-£25 for that game and if 5000 people culd be arsed to go to the ground the least the players could do would be bothered to make an effort.

I mean £ 2000 - £ 3000 a week for 4 morning training sessions and 1/2 games a week. How hard is that ?. How difficult is it ?.

Lots of people who paid £ 25 yesterday get up at 6 do a 12 hour day and pick up £ 200 a week Mark. They still have to make an effort in their profession and I suggest you install a need in your team to do the same. :censored:

My opinion of McGhee took a nosedive yesterday and if he can be so flippant to the point of one of his bigger fans questioning him when 60% of the fans now want him sacked he is playing a very dangerous game.

Sort it out !. Are we going to have the same attitude next season and not be bothered of we end up bottom of the league :censored: :censored:

GGGGRRRRRRRRR

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Well, you just know that if we get to a point next year where we are out of the promotion hunt but safe from relegation there won't be any point in turning up to watch because the season will be over as far as McGhee and the players are concerned.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It installs a very dangerous precident I think. I think it is a huge failure of the manager that he could get over HALF his team up for the game. That is very worrying.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
It really is insulting to the supporters to come out with crass statements like that. I've never so seriously contemplated walking out at half-time at an Albion match before.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
I agree, I've been behind McGhee all season, but yesterday really did question the manager. Ok it was a meaningless game for us, but it was for Stoke as well, has all professional pride gone out the window, did we want to finsh bottom?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
For the first time since he arrived, I am now doubting whether McGhee is the man to take us forward.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Uncle Spielberg said:
For the first time since he arrived, I am now doubting whether McGhee is the man to take us forward.

Same, before i felt people were jumping the gun a bit by saying he should leave and thought that it was fair to give him until christmas and assess the situation then. I now feel he should go.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
McGhee may as well have turned around to me and the others in the South Stand , stuck 2 fingers up , done a wankers motion and shouted out Mugs.

It was an important game to me as I did not want the club to end up BOTTOM of the league. That is embarrassing. McGhee should have been shouting his head off for the 90 minutes and urging the team onto a win.

:censored:

Uncle Spielberg said:
Mark McGhee admited in the Argus today that " we couldn't be bothered ".

Now that is not word for word what he said

:lol: You don't say.

Uncle Spielberg said:

You slagged him off constantly right up to the April of our play-off promotion season.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
LI this hero wrshipping of McGhee is getting a little silly now. If you cannot get annoyed at yesterday's 1-6 defeat I serously think if we go down to the Conference you will still be on here saying McGhee is the man for the job.

Is he a relative of yours or something ???

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Uncle Spielberg said:
That is embarrassing. McGhee should have been shouting his head off for the 90 minutes and urging the team onto a win.

Both Booker and MM stood in the dugout almost motionless for the whole game. The stoke bench were up and down constantly directing players and encouraging their team. Absolute disgrace!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
There were 3 points to play for so it was not a meaningless game, we may have already been relegated but over 5000 of us still parted with our money to cheer the team on in the hope that we would win and not finish the season bottom. McGhee has basically insulted every single one of us, if the game was meaningless can I have the £30 i wasted on the two tickets for the match back please.

Uncle Spielberg said:
LI this hero wrshipping of McGhee is getting a little silly now. If you cannot get annoyed at yesterday's 1-6 defeat I serously think if we go down to the Conference you will still be on here saying McGhee is the man for the job.

Is he a relative of yours or something ???
Water off a duck's back fella - you said exactly the same things to me in 2003-4 and those threads are still all on NSC :D

joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo said:
There were 3 points to play for so it was not a meaningless game, we may have already been relegated but over 5000 of us still parted with our money to cheer the team on in the hope that we would win and not finish the season bottom. McGhee has basically insulted every single one of us, if the game was meaningless can I have the £30 i wasted on the two tickets for the match back please.

Yep, a penniless club can really afford to give you back your reduced rate tickets, can't they? ???

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
LI this hero wrshipping of McGhee is getting a little silly now.

Says Mr Bandwagon jumper

Stumpy Tim said:
It's true though. Your reaction is as predictable as Ernest's really

Sure, I have no problem with that - some of us believe loyalty and constancy are virtues :)

I was making a simple point, it's fine for Gareth to say he doesn't support McGhee any more, but it's a bit rich for him to present himself as his number one constant fan - he has changed his mind on him with the prevailing wind.

Last edited:

Stumpy Tim

London Irish said:
Sure, I have no problem with that - some of us believe loyalty and constancy are virtues :)

I was making a simple point, it's fine for Gareth to say he doesn't support McGhee any more, but it's a bit rich for him to present himself as his number one constant fan - he has changed his mind on him with the prevailing wind.

And I am pro-MM myself. But to make your arguments more compelling you have to admit his failings too.

As far as I'm concerned, Steve Coppell may have kept us up but he wouldn't have brought the youngsters through. MM is good for the long-term future of this club, but results have been shocking & he's made far too many mistakes. His job is in the balance & rightly so. If I was Dick Knight I would keep him, but it's close

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Stumpy Tim said:
And I am pro-MM myself. But to make your arguments more compelling you have to admit his failings too.

As far as I'm concerned, Steve Coppell may have kept us up but he wouldn't have brought the youngsters through. MM is good for the long-term future of this club, but results have been shocking & he's made far too many mistakes. His job is in the balance & rightly so. If I was Dick Knight I would keep him, but it's close

That is an excellent post :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here