Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee admits we couldn;t be bothered

the Realist said:
What boardroom problems?

What boardroom struggle?

How do we know that the board are not actually united and that it is just Magoo, through his nom-de-plume Andy Naylor, trying one last desparate throw of the dice to create a bit of unrest that might just salvage him something - not least that when he is applying for new jobs he can say "Well the Chairman was behind me but he was outflanked"

You're having a laugh fella if you think the Argus would have gone to press with that story without checking it with Knight - really, newspapers don't make definitive comments like that without checking it with PRIMARY sources.

Les Biehn said:
Dear god LI, who knew you were such a pervert. :ohmy:

Now jealously is an ugly emotion Les :(

the Realist

Feb 5, 2006
London Irish said:
You're having a laugh fella if you think the Argus would have gone to press with that story without checking it with Knight - really, newspapers don't make definitive comments like that without checking it with PRIMARY sources.

What do they have to "check" with Knight

The specific paragraph reads :-

"The Argus understands the board is split over whether McGhee should remain in charge following the Seagulls' relegation from the Championship.

Knight is strongly in favour of the Scot keeping his job...."

Crucial three words at the top give them all sorts of disclaimers and besides, they have printed much more serious inaccuracies in the past.

Just examine the Argus back pages of the last week or so and ask yourself who is actually writing them?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
Now jealously is an ugly emotion Les :(

That's very nice and I don't disagree. Not sure what it has to do with you asking to see pics of 15yr old girls so you can knock one out though.

the Realist said:
Think we had won the championship by then and had just come to the end of a very long week - which included three games and plenty of partying.

They were entitled to a day off that day, and not one of the fans who had gone all the way to shrewsbury complained (even though the trains were f*cked and I didn't get home until gone 2am!)

Exactly, you concede then we are not talking about end of season games. The real issue here is the performance across the season. Let's be honest and admit that, rather than obssess about yesterday's non-event of a game.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
London Irish said:
Think legal LI, the chairman wants you to stay??? but cant get agreement from the rest of the board, now have you read MM's contract?

the Realist said:
Just examine the Argus back pages of the last week or so and ask yourself who is actually writing them?

Fella - I know the Argus newsroom very well. The back pages are being written by the newspapers' employees, I can assure you.

The Argus would not have used the phrase "Knight is STRONGLY in favour" without primary sourcing it - that I can guarantee you.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
London Irish said:
Exactly, you concede then we are not talking about end of season games. The real issue here is the performance across the season. Let's be honest and admit that, rather than obssess about yesterday's non-event of a game.
So if we had won 5-1 yesterday you'd have put it down to Stoke not being at the races as apposed to at last the team pulling together and driving forward pride and belief in themselves:lol:

chicken run said:
Think legal LI, the chairman wants you to stay??? but cant get agreement from the rest of the board, now have you read MM's contract?

Don't be so coy - spell out what you want to say.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
London Irish said:
Fella - I know the Argus newsroom very well. The back pages are being written by the newspapers' employees, I can assure you.

The Argus would not have used the phrase "Knight is STRONGLY in favour" without primary sourcing it - that I can guarantee you.
Stop saying fella it's not becoming of you, anyway why did the Argus then print a story saying Preston was buying a love nest for him and chantel in Brighton , he's a client of mine i can assure you he hasnt made any offers yet!

Last edited:

chicken run said:
So if we had won 5-1 yesterday you'd have put it down to Stoke not being at the races as apposed to at last the team pulling together and driving forward pride and belief in themselves:lol:

If we had won 5-1, I would have been very happy :)

But would anyone think that would have solved any of our problems in the slightest? I would think even the McGhee fans and McGhee critics could agree on that.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
sir danny cullip said:
Both Booker and MM stood in the dugout almost motionless for the whole game. The stoke bench were up and down constantly directing players and encouraging their team. Absolute disgrace!

That's exactly what my old man told me. As a season ticket holder he was well pissed off that even the management team seemed to show no passion. Maybe there is something behind it, who knows.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
London Irish said:
If we had won 5-1, I would have been very happy :)

But would anyone think that would have solved any of our problems in the slightest? I would think even the McGhee fans and McGhee critics could agree on that.
Knowing Brighton's fickle fans a performance like that would have us in the Premiership in 3 years:lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Stumpy Tim said:
And I am pro-MM myself. But to make your arguments more compelling you have to admit his failings too.

As far as I'm concerned, Steve Coppell may have kept us up but he wouldn't have brought the youngsters through. MM is good for the long-term future of this club, but results have been shocking & he's made far too many mistakes. His job is in the balance & rightly so. If I was Dick Knight I would keep him, but it's close

As Kaz said on page one this is indeed an great post:clap:

chicken run said:
Stop saying fella it's not becoming of you, anyway why did the Argus then print a story saying Preston was buying a love nest for him and chantel in Brighton , he's a client of mine i can assure you he hasnt made any offers yet!

Because a bit of celebrity gossip is unimportant and they might have taken the word of a PR on that, the story is inconsequential either way.

This story is of an entirely different dimension - the Argus would not have inputed those opinions to Knight without checking it with him first. If they had not been able to confirm it with him, it would have been worded very differently.

chicken run said:
Knowing Brighton's fickle fans a performance like that would have us in the Premiership in 3 years:lolol:

Quite :lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
chicken run said:
I dont think "bringing the youngsters through" is anything to do with MM, that side of things started long before he was at the healm

I think it has a lot to do with MM. Sure Wilkins and the youth team staff were there before MM but he gave Virgo, Harding, Hammond, El-Abd and Lynch extended runs in the team, he is the manager when these players became first team regulars.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Fair enough but with lack of funds who wouldnt have given them the chance, and yes I know Copps didnt like Virgo but he's in a different league to MM isnt he!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here