Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] McGhee 99% likely to leave by end of week!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I dont think Chapman would be so stupid as to create a conflict of interest.

Anyway its never hurt the Labour party has it!! Or the Tories before people jump on my back.

Anyway in business (whether you like it or not) money talks. If someone wants MM out and says I have the money to do it and plough some more in - you would have to say yes.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
How anyone can call a boardroom disagreement a DISASTER, or how it means our club is (Anymore of) a laughing stock is very strange.

The story is that several people who put in alot of their hard earned cash, much more than the chairman himself, want to remove the manager who has taken us down. That is well within their rights in my opinion.

LI, it does sound like you are having a bit of a toys out of pram moment becasue your man McGhee has finally been chopped.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Albion Dan said:
How anyone can call a boardroom disagreement a DISASTER, or how it means our club is (Anymore of) a laughing stock is very strange.

The story is that several people who put in alot of their hard earned cash, much more than the chairman himself, want to remove the manager who has taken us down. That is well within their rights in my opinion.

LI, it does sound like you are having a bit of a toys out of pram moment becasue your man McGhee has finally been chopped.

For once I agree with you Daniel.

From the story it does not seem there is a power struggle going on, it seems elements of NSC have decided that is the case.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Bugs Hill said:
I think you will find that Skint will not renew their sponsorship unless McGee is replaced.

I heard Skint arent renewing regardless. Expect Donatellos on the front of the shirt next season!!!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Albion Dan said:

This is it. NO ONE with any sense obviously believes MM is the right man to have in charge.

Seriously at least no one with any serious financial clout! I say again if I was to put a substantial amount of money into the club (and I cant) then I would want MM out.

Is that wrong?

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
BensGrandad said:
His name is well known to many and if he wanted the limelight of being named he would do so himself but he prefers to sit in the background and support the club so I will not name him and embarrass him.

If his name is so well known then there won't be a problem naming him for the few of us that don't know who the hell you're talking about then ?

Also, if he's not prepared to make his name public then I personally would rather he had nothing to do with the club.

Of course, it could be you're just making so called "facts" up !!!

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
London Irish said:
What SHIT OR LIES have I made up you aggressive idiot?

IT IS TOTALLLY WRONG for a director of the Albion to get involved in the contracting work of the club - that is what I object to about Chapman.

IT IS AGAINST EVERY SINGLE MODERN BUSINESS PRINCIPLE of CORPORATE GOVERNANCE.

The CONFLICT OF INTEREST problems are HUGE.

We are having to go cap in hand to get PUBLIC MONEY to fund the Falmer stadium. They HATE this kind of conflict of interests and could have serious potential to disrupt our ability to attract grant money.

I haven't a clue if he is the guy behind getting rid of McGhee - you'll note he didn't have the guts to tell the Argus and level with the fans what he is up to at the moment!

But if Chapman is now going to become the real owner of the club - and that's what he'll be if he proceeds to humiliate Dick Knight by opposing him on a decision relating to the major strategic future of the club - the bottom line is he must completely withdraw from all commercial contracts that arise out of Falmer because I DON'T WANT OUR CLUB TO BE MADE A LAUGHING STOCK IN THE LIKES OF PRIVATE EYE, THE BUSINESS PRESS, OR BY ANY OF OUR ENEMIES, LEWES OR BAKER!

IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU, ROUGVIE.

Now explain to me how any of that is shit and lies!

you really ought to calm down a little bit.

"aggressive idiot" is a tag that would sit very comfortably with you at the moment.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
s.stubbs said:
Well,you talk such alot of old fanny flaps,it's really starting to get on my tits.

thanks for that stubbsie, that made me laugh out loud !!!!!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
This thread is great, nobody has a clue what is going on, none of us. And if anybody did why would they reveal it on here.

Who would have predicted Rougvie getting agressive? Who would have predicted LI passing off speculation as fact and get aggressive while accusing others of being aggressive? Who would have predicted another ridiculous, 'I know something the rest of you don't know' post from Bens Grandad?

I love it.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Les Biehn said:
This thread is great, nobody has a clue what is going on, none of us. And if anybody did why would they reveal it on here.

Who would have predicted Rougvie getting agressive? Who would have predicted LI passing off speculation as fact and get aggressive while accusing others of being aggressive? Who would have predicted another ridiculous, 'I know something the rest of you don't know' post from Bens Grandad?

I love it.

Yep, NSC Gold

:D

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Westdene Seagull said:
If his name is so well known then there won't be a problem naming him for the few of us that don't know who the hell you're talking about then ?

Also, if he's not prepared to make his name public then I personally would rather he had nothing to do with the club.

Of course, it could be you're just making so called "facts" up !!!

Hey Westdene Seagull, just ignore BensGrandad, he is just a wind up merchant

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Les Biehn said:

I love it.

Agree 100%

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I wouldn't class myself in either of the pro or anti McGhee camps, but I can't see that sacking him and having to pay up his contract with our limited resources is anything but a bad move.

The major investor had better be footing the compensation if they are to go through with this.

In terms of Bloom. Well as I'm not fortunate as some on here to be on first name terms with him, I can only take their word that he does have the best interests of the Albion at heart.

However, if this is the case and he sat by and whilst Archer asset stripped us, sold our ground, without having a plan in place for a new permanent home. He is not the sort of man I would be comfortable making any descision on the future of our club, let alone one as important as who should manage the first team.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Talk of expanding Withdean to an all seater stadium with a 15000 capacity is utter claptrap. It means that there is no vision for the future and the investors think we will only ever be a small unambitious provincial club. I dont think there will be a boardroom coup but pressure will be put on DK and MP to change their opinion on MM and give him the elbow. Theoretically if Leeds go up and we get £150k from the Harding deal the cash will pay off MM's remainder on his contract. This scenario means new investment can be made on players and a decent manager.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Wanderer said:
Hey Westdene Seagull, just ignore BensGrandad, he is just a wind up merchant

Oh yes I know but it's always worth giving Archer supporters the chance to backup their statements with facts. In BGs case he states that the name is well known but then says the person wants to remain in the shadows - it can't be both !!!

I could of course just put :

"Name the investor or just f*** off !!!"

Benny Zamora said:
Errr...Martin Perry? McAlpines? It's not that unusual for directors to be involved in club 'contracting'.

If Martin Perry was a director of the Albion and the owner of McAlpines, that would indeed also be something to worry about once the tendering process took place.

But he isn't, so that's a complete red herring. Being a former employee is not a conflict of interest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here