Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] McGhee 99% likely to leave by end of week!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
BensGrandad said:
It is a consideration of something that he has suggested as an answer to our problems.

Falmer is becoming more expensive by the day and the time will come when the banks will say it is not a viable propsition for us to lend money on. What do we do then if that time arrives?

Well, the rights and wrongs of Falmer are not in question here. This is about Withdean, not Falmer.

Look, be serious for a moment, whatever happens with Falmer, Withdean will NOT be expanded as a permanent home. It's a complete non starter, and anyone who has done any 'due dilligence' would know that too.

So please, dont continue to spread this drivel, it's just a waste of everyones time.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
westdeneite said:
I think the investor being talked about is a current one, not a new one.
Can only surmise, therefore, that it is Fatboy.

That's my view as well. For it to be a "new" investor, they would have to be waving serious cash under our noses to be leading a boardroom rift. If that was the case, I find it hard to believe they have remained "unknown". Makes far ore sense that it's a current investor who wants McGhee out, so I guess it's Norman Cook.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
West Hoathly Seagull said:
So is this "investor" an expert in railway bridge demolition and reconstruction and NIMBY-placating?

Somebody must have told him it was possible.

A couple of weeks ago on the HARTY phone in Ian kept trying to shut some one up who was most insistent that a deal has already been done by Brighton Council for us to have Withdean as a permanent home. What is the saying 'no smoke without fire'.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A deal may have been done for us to extend our tenure at Withdean for one more year after the current lease expires - that would possibly be the only mildly related story along those lines.

If a deal had been done, I think we would have heard about it by now, from either the club or the city council, or the residents. Or all three.

I think someone is yanking your chain, Brian. I'd tell them to let go if I were you.

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
mcghee out is good, but the motives are clearly not. bloom was in their with archer, and if he does gain control of the club then i reckon we could be in serious trouble

however much i hate mcghee, i would rather see him remain in charge than someone connected with archer having a BIG say on the club

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Rougvie said:
All this could have been avoided if the apparent majority decision of the board to give McGhee an ultimatum to keep us up had been upheld, to be fair if it had been a close run thing McGhee would have probably kept his job because the board, despite what LI thinks are actually a pretty decent bunch of individuals.

It has now come to a head because the Argus knows that McGhee has to go, so they are trying to take down his opononents with him, its the Argus and Naylor who are to blame for this hysteria, good people who have served this club well are being portrayed as Archer type figure as Naylor trys to save his golfing buddy.

The Argus should be ashamed, but thankfully like LI, no one really takes them seriously anymore.

Yeah, that's what I reckon Rougggers.

At the end of the day some of the people on the board are capitalist fools lacking the ability to avoid making stupid comments/exude an air of charm that Uncle Dick and Austin Powers have, but i believe they all love the Albion.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yep I think MM should have been given a mandate to stay up following the cup game.

I know that I would not be anti MM if we made a decent fist of staying up (and ultimately went down) and showed some of the grit and determination that we had last year.

I know we sold our best players but in some games we didnt even bother turning up. We did not die with our boots on and to me as a fan thats unacceptable as I would sweat blood and tears if I was playing and we expect the same from those who wear the stripes.

But playing players out of position, getting the tactics wrong more than right during the season, players arguably being unfit, set pieces a disaster, allegedly falling out with players (although Leon is a shit) etc etc is not the fault of LDC or DK or uncle tom cobbley.

Last edited:

Rougvie said:
Come on then Placcy, we are all waiting to hear all you know about Derek Chapman.........

Or can you not think of anymore SHIT or LIES to make up about someone who has been susidising your enjoyment for the last 3 years.

What SHIT OR LIES have I made up you aggressive idiot?

IT IS TOTALLLY WRONG for a director of the Albion to get involved in the contracting work of the club - that is what I object to about Chapman.

IT IS AGAINST EVERY SINGLE MODERN BUSINESS PRINCIPLE of CORPORATE GOVERNANCE.

The CONFLICT OF INTEREST problems are HUGE.

We are having to go cap in hand to get PUBLIC MONEY to fund the Falmer stadium. They HATE this kind of conflict of interests and could have serious potential to disrupt our ability to attract grant money.

I haven't a clue if he is the guy behind getting rid of McGhee - you'll note he didn't have the guts to tell the Argus and level with the fans what he is up to at the moment!

But if Chapman is now going to become the real owner of the club - and that's what he'll be if he proceeds to humiliate Dick Knight by opposing him on a decision relating to the major strategic future of the club - the bottom line is he must completely withdraw from all commercial contracts that arise out of Falmer because I DON'T WANT OUR CLUB TO BE MADE A LAUGHING STOCK IN THE LIKES OF PRIVATE EYE, THE BUSINESS PRESS, OR BY ANY OF OUR ENEMIES, LEWES OR BAKER!

IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU, ROUGVIE.

Now explain to me how any of that is shit and lies!

Last edited:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Errr...Martin Perry? McAlpines? It's not that unusual for directors to be involved in club 'contracting'.

I hate to burst your gritter but it might be a tiny exaggeration to describe board members aggressively pursuing McGhee's sacking as "humiliating" Uncle Dick and angling to take over from him. Have you ever met Dick Knight?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:

IT IS TOTALLLY WRONG for a director of the Albion to get involved in the contracting work of the club - that is what I object to about Chapman.

We are having to go cap in hand to get PUBLIC MONEY to fund the Falmer stadium. They HATE this kind of conflict of interests and could have serious potential to disrupt our ability to attract grant money.

I haven't a clue if he is the guy behind getting rid of McGhee - you'll note he didn't have the guts to tell the Argus and level with the fans what he is up to at the moment!

But if Chapman is now going to become the real owner of the club - and that's what he'll be if he proceeds to humiliate Dick Knight by opposing him on a decision relating to the major strategic future of the club - the bottom line is he must completely withdraw from all commercial contracts that arise out of Falmer because I DON'T WANT OUR CLUB TO BE MADE A LAUGHING STOCK IN THE LIKES OF PRIVATE EYE, THE BUSINESS PRESS, OR BY ANY OF OUR ENEMIES, LEWES OR BAKER!

Steve back in 1997 the clubs rules were changed so that no one person can have overall control of the club, so Chapman cannot become owner.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
As far as i can see it someone either wants to come into the club and invest money, or a current investor wishes to put more money in.

That person wants MM out, and if he is going to stump up some cash he is entilted to his view...one shared by Bloom and Chapman.

As far as i can see thats all the story is so far..... the argus report obviously has a pro MM view that the only reason that MM would be sacked is because of board unrest, not because some view him as doing a shite job.

As for the withdean crap, that is alot of crap...will never happen and the only people that believe it are BG and some taxi driver apparently

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
London Irish said:

The SHIT is you are ASSUMING you know what is going on at board level...you DONT! You are arguing a point that you have made up in your head....

...and calling people IDIOTS is pretty agressive in itself!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here