Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] McGhee 99% likely to leave by end of week!

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
I think in around November time, Steve Perryman was linked as a possible investor, which involved Ossie Ardilles becoming manager.

Maybe he is the mystery investor and hence the speculation about McGhee?

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
BensGrandad said:
I believe that we should keep MM and sack BB and DW which I have said many times, move Dean Wilkins up to Ast Manager . . . . . . . . . .
If on Dec 1st we are not in the top 2 sack MM, but he must be given the money to sign some extra players.

Not original and you are behind the times. Those were DK's thoughts, but he has been out-voted.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Reading the tea leaves and with no inside knowledge I think one of the major backers on the board (who has quite possibly bank rolled the club to an extent) wants MM out and DK/MP want him in.

Mr backer has refused to put anymore money in unless MM goes, hence the debate and, as looks likely, the manager leaving by mutual agreement tomorrow.

Regardless, this needs to be sorted out quickly because:

1. MM or replacement needs to start planning for next season
2. The Falmer bid needs to be kept on track.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
e77 said:
Reading the tea leaves and with no inside knowledge I think one of the major backers on the board (who has quite possibly bank rolled the club to an extent) wants MM out and DK/MP want him in.

Mr backer has refused to put anymore money in unless MM goes, hence the debate and, as looks likely, the manager leaving by mutual agreement tomorrow.

Regardless, this needs to be sorted out quickly because:

1. MM or replacement needs to start planning for next season
2. The Falmer bid needs to be kept on track.

Why didn't you come up with these facts at the beginning of the thread? You could have saved twenty pages of debate.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
nobody's dupe said:
Why didn't you come up with these facts at the beginning of the thread? You could have saved twenty pages of debate.

Sorry, been a bit busy today and just logged on.

Quite happy to come up with a few controversial and highly speculative opinions with little or no basis in fact or reason if you feel it will keep the debate rolling though.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
maidstoneseagull said:
I think in around November time, Steve Perryman was linked as a possible investor, which involved Ossie Ardilles becoming manager.

Maybe he is the mystery investor and hence the speculation about McGhee?

Haven't a clue who the mystery investor is, but 99% sure it isn't Stevie P, I'm afraid...

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
SussexSpur said:
Haven't a clue who the mystery investor is, but 99% sure it isn't Stevie P, I'm afraid...

The family name keeps coming up in this thread, but posters speak about the wrong member. I am told that he is a nephew of a board member, has a business interest in gambling and is known as The Lizard. :ohmy:

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
nobody's dupe said:
The family name keeps coming up in this thread, but posters speak about the wrong member. I am told that he is a nephew of a board member, has a business interest in gambling and is known as The Lizard. :ohmy:

Is he a member of the Lizard master race David Icke speaks of?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
nobody's dupe said:

He's been spoken about a few times on here. Not sure he's a "current investor" though.

tonybloom.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just come back from the club having had my 2 bottlers of Chardonnay so if I ramble please accept my apologies but this has been playing on my mind whilst drinking them.

According to TLO the loan for Falmer is to be repaid over 40 years.

What bank will allow this when all of the people who signed for it are probably dead. How can they justify this to their shareholders?

Ben my grandson is 11 coming up 12. In a hypothetical situation we reach 2036, he is now 41 and a very rich man and has been a supporter since 1999 so wants to buy the club similar to DK. Why should he inherit a debt from DK & MP from 2006.

Somebody please explain.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
BensGrandad said:
Just come back from the club having had my 2 bottlers of Chardonnay so if I ramble please accept my apologies but this has been playing on my mind whilst drinking them.

What bank will allow this when all of the people who signed for it are probably dead. How can they justify this to their shareholders?

Ben my grandson is 11 coming up 12. In a hypothetical situation we reach 2036, he is now 41 and a very rich man and has been a supporter since 1999 so wants to buy the club similar to DK. Why should he inherit a debt from DK & MP from 2006.

Somebody please explain.

Just go to bed and sleep off the chardonay or the two bottlers who had you. :ohmy:

We gave up on the hypotheticals pages ago. We are down to facts now.

Good night. Sleep tight.

BensGrandad said:

The Stadium Company is a business, with a long-term future. It won't be owned by individuals. It will be tied into agreements that will prevent it from disposing of the site or using it as anything other than a community stadium. Hopefully the public interest in the stadium will be secured through a formal agreement with public sector stakeholders, such as the City Council and SEEDA, the Regional Development Agency. The financial institutions might well be shareholders as well.

If only BG could rid himself of the notion that the future of this football club depends upon a bunch of rich geezers who can buy and sell control of its assets, he might begin to understand what is going on.

From the point of view of the banks, a long-term loan to a stable organisation with a long-term, viable business plan is a hell of a sight more attractive than stumping up money on the off-chance that a single entrepreneur will make a go of a speculative venture.

Last edited:

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
For Christ's sake don't wake him, Your Lordship. Hopefully he's gone to bed after the effects of being had by two men who put chardonay into bottles.

BensGrandad said:

Somebody please explain.
The stadium will be owned by the Stadium Company. It won't be owned by a football club. If Ben wants to buy a football club, he can do so, but it won't be saddled with debts arising from the costs of building a stadium.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thank you Lord B.

In a nutshell anybody could buy the Football Club with no fears but anybody who wished to buy the Developement Company if that is possible would be saddled with the debts of building Falmer but from what you say it would appear that the major shareholder in the developement company will be the City Council.

Sorry for the typing error nobodys dupe but unfortunately I am not perfect and do make mistakes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here