Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] McGhee 99% likely to leave by end of week!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rougvie said:
Just what I was thinking.

Potentially we just may have been in a situation where we dropped a goalkeeper because of his friendship with a potential investor who didnt much like McGhee, and even diverted transfer funds (McGhee did seem desperate to get Henderson) because of a petty greivance.

If McGhee 'was' guilty of putting his own neck before the welfare of the club, then I cant see many other teams touching him with a bargepoll.

That is a pretty desperate conspiracy theory :lol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
vulture said:
Well who else would give Naylor his info?

Who knows? Perhaps he made it up. Nobody can say conclusively except Naylor.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
empire said:
coppell and taylor were loyal wernt they!!!:lol: mm has shown he has some bollocks,he knew it would be a struggle he managed one season to stay up,he hasnt this time,the fans that want him out are the same fans that sung his praises the season b4 and b4 that,loyal they are not,we have no divine right to be in the championship.yes he made mistakes dont we all,but he was prepared to see it out till falmer,shame it doesnt look good for him now,but hey thats football,loyalty has gone out the window from fans and managers alike

WISE WORDS :clap:

the Realist

Feb 5, 2006
vulture said:
Naylor must be being fed all this crap by Mcghee.That means he could be in breach of his contract and we could sack him and not have to pay him a penny

There was certainly one insinuation in today's article that could only have come from McGhee.

And the board will know that as well, which won't affect compensation, but might well put an end to any last minute wavering

And no I'm not saying what it was :smokin:

However, all this postulating and conspiring by McGhee may have a side benefit. It is taking it away from footballing matters, which may prove to be a lifesaver for Bob Booker and Dean White

While Bob has gone a little astray this year under weak leadership (and the love of a good woman); he has shown loyalty to the club and I hope he remains on the coaching staff (although maybe not as No.2)

Dean White is, i believe, very under-rated. From what I gather he is the only one of the three who seems committed to training and practice as a means of improving players

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
the Realist said:
There was certainly one insinuation in today's article that could only have come from McGhee.

And the board will know that as well, which won't affect compensation, but might well put an end to any last minute wavering

And no I'm not saying what it was :smokin:

However, all this postulating and conspiring by McGhee may have a side benefit. It is taking it away from footballing matters, which may prove to be a lifesaver for Bob Booker and Dean White

While Bob has gone a little astray this year under weak leadership (and the love of a good woman); he has shown loyalty to the club and I hope he remains on the coaching staff (although maybe not as No.2)

Dean White is, i believe, very under-rated. From what I gather he is the only one of the three who seems committed to training and practice as a means of improving players

Ok so when is the axe going to fall then?

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Rougvie said:
Doubtfull, I am sure he is doing it to help McGhee, but the Bloom rumour has been doing the rounds since the Coventry debacle and is hardly a secret. The players certainly would have been aware if it, and I am sure Naylor has been sitting on it for good reason.

I THINK THE PLAYERS ARE FULLY AWARE OF IT

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Can just picture the scenario . DK MP DC and Ray and Tony Bloom all in the boardroom ... Dick is dealing the cards with Tony holding a royal flush .. Winner decides MM fate !!

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
the Realist said:

yes ..not gone unnoticed.....Micky Adams is a fan...may be interested in taking him to Coventry..

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Would be very interesting to know what Booker and White contribute, and I mean that in a genuine sense. It would give us the chance to gage their roles better.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
well we know Bob carries the clip board

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm getting really worried about this now.

The club are skint, more so now than ever.

We have learnt the name of Tony Bloom aka the Lizard who although wealthy by our standards isn’t what you can call a major investor. And I’m not that greatly impressed that we have a gambler on board. Gambling with his money is one thing, gambling with our club quite another.

He wants to to get rid of McGee, and if you seriously think he will walk away from compensation then think again. So any investment will also include £100k-£250k as pay off. To be honest I think its daft getting rid of McGee. No one could have kept us up. We are not good enough for the Championship. Put Mourinho in charge and we would have got relegated. He got us promoted. Did that make him God?

To be honest if we were struggling in league 1, then I think McGee would walk.

If investment is needed and it surely does, then lets put it into shoring up this club and not on paying compo. Falmer is the big picture and our focus needs to be on that. If we can do that then LDC may just may back down when Prescott or whoever re-stamps our application.

Any investment shouldn’t go on MM, but on new players. New players will bring a sense of optimism and shore up those season tickets.

The alternative of board feuds and any investment being eaten up by compensation, whilst the club slowly bleeds even more, must be great news for LDC. It gives them every encouragement to dig their heels in knowing that one final push might bring us to the brink.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Or it could be viewed that a large cash investment in the club will ensure our future, hence LDC's plan to stall hoping we will go bust to be pointless

Maybe ?????????????

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
DIFFBROOK said:
I'm getting really worried about this now.

The club are skint, more so now than ever.

We have learnt the name of Tony Bloom aka the Lizard who although wealthy by our standards isn’t what you can call a major investor. And I’m not that greatly impressed that we have a gambler on board. Gambling with his money is one thing, gambling with our club quite another.

He wants to to get rid of McGee, and if you seriously think he will walk away from compensation then think again. So any investment will also include £100k-£250k as pay off. To be honest I think its daft getting rid of McGee. No one could have kept us up. We are not good enough for the Championship. Put Mourinho in charge and we would have got relegated. He got us promoted. Did that make him God?

To be honest if we were struggling in league 1, then I think McGee would walk.

If investment is needed and it surely does, then lets put it into shoring up this club and not on paying compo. Falmer is the big picture and our focus needs to be on that. If we can do that then LDC may just may back down when Prescott or whoever re-stamps our application.

Any investment shouldn’t go on MM, but on new players. New players will bring a sense of optimism and shore up those season tickets.

The alternative of board feuds and any investment being eaten up by compensation, whilst the club slowly bleeds even more, must be great news for LDC. It gives them every encouragement to dig their heels in knowing that one final push might bring us to the brink.

Sensible post, agree with most of it except the bit about Jose keeping us up. I think a few coaches could have kept us up but with our resources we were never gonna get one of them coaches.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
blockhseagull said:
Or it could be viewed that a large cash investment in the club will ensure our future, hence LDC's plan to stall hoping we will go bust to be pointless

Maybe ?????????????

Or that we are teetering on the brink and desperate

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
DIFFBROOK said:
Put Mourinho in charge and we would have got relegated.

Yes we would have done.

However....

We would have had a system in place that made us hard to beat.

Our players would have an idea what to do on set pieces.

The players would have been fitter.

He would have picked players in their correct positions.

He would have dropped those players who were clearly out of form.

We would not have gone down with a whimper but with all guns blazing.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I know this was all last week, but i was on "leave"

LI, honestly you were crying when you were replying this this i am willing to bet - also for some one who didnt like leon's toys out of the pram you do a good impression of it. :dunce:

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
This is an absolute f***ing disaster - the club is now submerged in civil war.

On the one side we have Dick Knight who delivered us from the worst period in our history and Perry the man whose expertise has virtually delivered us Falmer against terrible planning law odds. On the other we have Bloom, a quisling from the Archer era who in his old age has finally found the backbone to oppose something, and Chapman, the man who as a director of the club is driving a coach and horses through every decent corporate governance principle by also angling for construction work for his company.

The entire summer will be wasted sorting out the legal mess of McGhee's contract and hiring some fall guy willing to work for the big bucks (yeah, right) that McGhee was on.

I'll be amazed if this doesn't end up ripping the heart out of the club, our two best executives Knight and Perry fatally weakened by other on-the-make chancers, and players drifting off from a club that not only has f*** all money but is now submerged in total chaos.

This is about as bad as it gets.

You do talk some utter crap (and thats saying something coming from me), but this is almost as good as your "wins dont matter at the start of the season"

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Random bounce following a random thumbs up from Swannie which led to me re reading the thread.

Some good long gone posters feature heavily and it’s an interesting read during a pivotal moment in Albion’s history

Seems my doubts back then about the Bloom family were ill founded :smile:

Classic old School OP by El Pres too

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Funny old read this. Some classic quotes !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here