Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGammon

wilderabeast

Jul 27, 2004
The Promised Land
it appears that Mcghee would like to take McGammon permantley as long as millwall let him go for free.....Good signing in my opinion...granted he aint the greatest player in the world but Knighty looks to be getting more space when he is playing.....

Lush

Mods' Pet
I like him - and i agree with MM here (in the Arsegas)

"Albion looked the likelier winners then until Keane pounced and it was unfortunate for McGhee that an injury and suspension crisis at his old club Millwall prevented the inclusion in the squad of the on-loan Mark McCammon.

"With 20 minutes to go at one each that was what we needed," McGhee lamented. "If we could have stuck Mark up there and given Harty (Gary Hart) or someone a rest then we might have won." "

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
this season alot of the currnet squad have been marked down as shit, not good engough and a waste of money. MM has got them to upto scratch. Im no fan of McGammon, but if the deal is right, it adds a targetman to the squad and MM might polish up another gem.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
samparish said:
He is terrible, we played so much better on sat without him.

I think you'll find the occasion had a lot to do with that. If he fields the same team with the same tactics on Saturday we won't play anywhere near as well.
The problem, as ever, is there are no quality players within our budget. I think he's good in this division. No skill but big, runs with the ball, and causes defenders trouble.

wilderabeast

Jul 27, 2004
The Promised Land
Mcghee has said that he no's all about McGammons limitation but he gives us options and if he is available on a free i will take him
fair play no arguments with that

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
perth seagull said:
Is he better than Iwelumo was?
I think he's much better. He seems to win the ball more and run at players. I'm sure other people will think otherwise though. If he's free take him. Otherwise no.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I wouldn't want him on any longer than a contract to the end of the season. Long-term we've got to be looking at doing better than him.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
kinkygerbil said:
There will be better players than him around on frees in the summer and our squad is good enough to stay up with out him

Theres probably better players around now. Unfortunately it's not just the fee thats the issue. It's how much their wage demands are too.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Saturday we played football. McGammon by being a target man encourages the long ball. Play it to feet is our best option GH and LK up front did well, and think of the LK goal against Watford all to feet. No I do not think we need him. We need another goalscorer to take the pressure of LK.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Titanic said:
When are you applying for MM's job then ? seeing as you seem to know more about it than he does ?? :angry:

Sorry i thought that wilderabeast asked us what we think? my mistake as long as we agree with you and Mcghee its ok but otherwise dont say anything

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here